+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

202 mythrils what are some hype banners?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    202 mythrils what are some hype banners?
    Squall Rinoa is the best banner for a while.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Squall Rinoa is the best banner for a while.
    So blow it all there then ?

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

It's a top heavy banner (Squall Riona Syncs) with a very weak characters eating up awakening slots (Kiros and Ward). Pull with caution.
    And to reiterate, Banner 2s have no new relics,, but you get 2 relics guaranteed. Decent the spread of awakenings on that banner (Ultimecia + Fujin for wind) but obviously no syncs.

BG Level

Only need like 100 more vitality motes to finish Noct's board. I thought it was supposed to be like 200 motes?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So just realized that one of the free banners from the fest lets you pick a set of relics... and I haven't done that. Need some input!

Here's an overview of my current elemental teams. Progress wise, I just finished clearing the 3* magicite, and am 3/8 on 4*. Probably could handle more, but haven't touched them yet.

Physical:

Fire: Bartz (Awakening and old Overstrike only), Sephiroth (Awakening and some dark bsb (relevant, used it to beat some dumb content a while back!)), Elena (ugh, crappy chain), Aerith (Awakening, wrong USB, and a bsb), Onion Knight (Physical USB mainly, dunno what to do with his skills, just a buffer for now. Also have the old bsb buff and the magical arcane overstrike.)
    Ice: Bartz (off-element), Squall (USB4, the bravery mode one, and his en-ice LMR), Laguna (Chain, Imperil USB), Aerith, OK
    Wind: Bartz, Cloud (en-aero glint, overstrike, and some bsb lul, bartz does all the work), Luneth (Chain, bsb, and a glint (but no dragoon abilities lol)... Also have Zack with his chain (and some rando bsb), but assume gen 2 > crit damage buff?), Aerith, OK
    Earth: Bartz, ???, ???, Aerith, OK
    Water: Bartz, ???, Strago Chain?, Aerith, OK
    Lightning: Bartz, ???, Shantotto Chain?, Aerith, OK
    Light: Warrior of Light (Arcane, USB3, havent used him so no idea how good it is!), ???, Agrias (Awakening + Imperil USB), Aerith, OK
    Dark: ???, ???, Gabranth Chain, Aerith, OK

Other potentially notable items: Xezat Awakening (ice, earth, lightning... should probably suck it up and use him for those teams), Marche ultra for light? King lightning ultra, Celes Arcane + Ice Chain (lol) and old bsb, Cinque (earth usb), Aranea lightning usb & Estinian wind usb (but no dragoon abilities yet.. but could fix that)

Mage teams are dry.

Yuna Awakening + USB1&2 (outside of a R2 trit--er, valigarmanda, no interesting summons), Shantotto Chain+USB, enlightning LMR, Strago Chain only, Krile USB3, Braska USB, Ysayle USB, Lulu USB2, Marach USB. Can probably put some teams together, but dont really have any mage abilities lol.

As for the actual choices...

- Terra: Fully equipped fire mage!
    - Squall: Dupe LMR, but awakening would be better damage than his usb. May be pulling on the upcomming banner though, don't know how sync plays with everything else.
    - Cloud: No dupes, I guess would be nice? Don't know his kit that well.
    - Ingus: No dupes, don't know his kit that well.
    - Shantotto: No dupes, rounds her out.
    - Tidus: No dupes, adds a solid dd to the water team that's currently being carried by Bartz.
    - TGC: Would give a solid light and dark dd, which I desperately need, but would be a short sighted pull, since everyone yaps about him not having en-element in the future.
    - Sephiroth: Solid dark DD, in need of one.
    - Bartz: Already have Awakening, don't want LMR, arcane would be nice but not picking just for that.

Thoughts? I'm leaning Sephiroth for the dark kit. Shantotto would be nice, (I like FFXI, duh,) but already having her USB which I think makes her serviceable enough, is it really worth adding more to a character that already has a decent kit? That and she's currently the only lightning chain. Squall would be nice but don't know if worth it with his banner coming up. (And he plays well enough for now...) Indifferent on Tidus or Ingus, I guess they would be solid additions? Oh, and Terra! But I already have a pretty good fire team (although it's physical... not at the point of needing both yet.)

Also could use some input on ruby abilities! I picked up Icy offering yesterday cause Laguna is a boss.

edit: Last thing, currently at 6k/1.6k/900 on lenses, probably using my first 1000 lens3 for Aerith's proper USB3, so will be a while before I can freely use lenses on missing stuff.

BG Level

Anything to aim for with lens1 and 2 or just buy honing scrolls ?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    snip
    So Bartz AASB can basically carry through all 6 5* elements (with chain/support, ideally gen 2 chain and Tyro USB4/AASB) and honestly, almost any relevant AASB can do that. Your bigger issue running into 5* magicite is going to be any missing chains or abilities really. And you're so far off 6* I wouldn't stress it too much.

You likely have the damage tools to handle most 5*, Sephiroth AASB is apparently enough to clean up Alexander for that 6*, and can be used to get you Madeens, which is a fairly universally used magicite (it's signature boon, Surging Power, gives +15% damage at full HP, usually run two for a 22-23% boost to all damage at max hp). So Seph is probably one that hits both relevant for now, and futureproof for you.

And honestly I'd get to work on getting through magicite, if only to get the 6* motes each week. AASB's weren't out yet, or at least SUPER rare, when 5* magicite came out, so they alone power creep the content, then you have magia, SASB's, and record board and 5* keep getting easier. Also next maint we should get a kit of 4* magicite from a mission to help tackle them. So I'd work on making sure you have 5* motes for who you think you'll be using for clears, and start working on them.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I 'member when Braves and Chains were all we had for 5*. Also Stone Press Queen Cinque.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    So Bartz AASB can basically carry through all 6 5* elements (with chain/support, ideally gen 2 chain and Tyro USB4/AASB) and honestly, almost any relevant AASB can do that. Your bigger issue running into 5* magicite is going to be any missing chains or abilities really. And you're so far off 6* I wouldn't stress it too much.

You likely have the damage tools to handle most 5*, Sephiroth AASB is apparently enough to clean up Alexander for that 6*, and can be used to get you Madeens, which is a fairly universally used magicite (it's signature boon, Surging Power, gives +15% damage at full HP, usually run two for a 22-23% boost to all damage at max hp). So Seph is probably one that hits both relevant for now, and futureproof for you.

And honestly I'd get to work on getting through magicite, if only to get the 6* motes each week. AASB's weren't out yet, or at least SUPER rare, when 5* magicite came out, so they alone power creep the content, then you have magia, SASB's, and record board and 5* keep getting easier. Also next maint we should get a kit of 4* magicite from a mission to help tackle them. So I'd work on making sure you have 5* motes for who you think you'll be using for clears, and start working on them.
    Thanks! I've got a decent amount of 6* motes from all they've been giving us, but I have been slowly going through magicites. Dunno if I have the right teams to clear all 4* but have been putting a different team and tackling them about one a day.

Pretty much set on Sephiroth I think.

BG Level

This banner looks like shit

BG Level

It is. No Sync, no pull.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

More like 5 hit ice spellblade wahoo!

BG Level

It is

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

It is in the name of the event - fools rush in. Don't be a fool!

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Anything to aim for with lens1 and 2 or just buy honing scrolls ?
    You want to fill out spots in your teams based on what you have and what you need as you go along, there are some useful SBs in there, and while shiney sync SBs boost is nice, they also boost, however marginal, the stats of your characters who gets new SBs.
    I'm still working my way through 5 star magicites and find the ability to go "shopping" for holes in my set up extremely practical, even if Syldra keeps making me their bitch :/ sooner or later it out DPS' me.

BG Level

So is it money wise to get 4* arcana from kite shop if I transfer 3* motes from it?

And wasn’t elena suppose to get 6* machinist it though someone told me to get burnt offering due to Elena chain

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

elena does have 6* machinist access, but you have to unlock it using the old job motes from a few years back. the offering skills generally are essential for endgame stuff. balthier, laguna & prompto are the ideal users since they all have gen2/2.5 chains, along with wcast and imperil+ LMR options available; with good RNG you can go from 0 to max imperil in 2 turns. if she's your only chain holder for fire though that's going to be your best option for her.

as far as which ruby abilities to prioritize playing catchup though i'm less certain, but you'll want to get all three of them eventually. the consistency vs the 5* imperil abilities is night and day.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

To folks returning, here's what I remember doing, not sure if it helps.

3* Magicite, D220 Torment, 4* Magicite, D280 Torment, then 5* Magicite.
    When I started to get frustrated and stalled with D280 Torment I went back and built magicite decks for 4*. Once I busted into 5*, I immediately went to Lakshmi/Madeen because Madeens are used in every single magicite deck I have. I wanted to beat Lakshmi first because my first Madeen clears involved swapping Rikku's Magia to Magic ATK and using his Awakening to deal damage.

I would say, at minimum, if you can stomach it, maybe clear each 5* 4 times consecutively. That'll give you a 99 later on, then you can work on inheritance after that. I went pretty hard and got all copies of the inheritance magicites I needed as I went around the wheel. It was time consuming, but I enjoyed crossing off and updating my checklist as I went.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

well, Omega was fun, and great way for folks to practice for Odin - if folks are still at that point. Basically took Odin/6* teams and cleaned up.

Best part was, I could finally put Decil Sync to use!

Listening to that music all night was definitely a throw-back too!