+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Also you receive a free realm/elemental banner pull every 15 days from the daily login

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

What Syn said. When pulling on a banner, any duplicate pulls still get you that item but also lens shards based on the rank of the item. Lvl 1 shards generally let you buy Unique and SSB level SBs, Lvl 2 lets you buy Bursts and Legend Materia, Lvl 3 lets you buy Ultras and Overstrikes. Because of how limited 5* items are on banners now compared to 6* items, Lvl 2 shards are pretty rare, where through normal events you'll get about 1k Lvl 3 shards per month which is a free USB.

As per the tickets for a free Elemental/Realm pull, do the initial pull at 15 mythril/900 gems first. Otherwise you use the ticket on a 15 mythril pull instead of 50. The realm banners were just updated with Awakenings/Arcane Overstrikes so they are the better value right now compared to elemental banners - which are still on an outdated pool from 3 months ago.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Events give Anima shards along with duplicate pulls. 6* gets level 3, 5* level 2. 4* and below level 1. 1k level 3 gets you an ultra. Can grab Ellara USB and godwall. Fill in gaps.
    So if I pull something in already have it converts into anima?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

You still get the pull for merge/use/whatever, but you'll also get 50 anima lenses as a "Sorry your RNG sucks" apology.

BG Level

Final Fantasy Record Keeper 2019: Doomtrain Chugging Along

I see and what are those ultima blade things

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You still get to keep the weapon you pulled, but it awards you anima as well.

Also, there are rainbow shards you can destroy any piece of equipment to create. Those can be used towards upgrading Artifacts. You purchase Artifacts with Artifact Stones. These are pretty beefy items that will either be Realm or Elemental synergized. Elemental ones will always give you a boost to a single element. The Realms synergized ones will give you boosts to all elements in that realm.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

And the game is p much balanced around fully upgraded artifact weapons. I just upgrade them to Lvl 33 unless I am in dire need of extra stats. Also only get the elemental boost artifacts. No need for the realm synergy ones.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Artifacts break the game on higher level content because their attack is unmatched when synergy is non-existent.

Rats the chances of you getting insane gear has gone up just because of Realm Banners.

Syn and I have moved on to Odin since then and are preparing for next level magicite battles.

If Vandal can casual this and beat all the magicites in 3 months so can you. It's pretty fun and they basically hand out free realm draws every 2 weeks now.

BG Level

So get elemental artifact asap

And transfer the ultima blade? Or crush them

BG Level

Either Rosetta - the inferior choice - or Rainbow Shard them. You need those rainbow shards to upgrade your Artifact Weapons. Also advisable is to go through your inventory to shard dupes and old 5* gear that doesn't have elemental boosts. And default your auto-sell to auto-rainbow shard so your 1-4* draws will be prompted for rainbow shard.

And I haven't really gone too crazy with grabbing Artifacts. 6* with elemental boost works fine. But obviously a lvl 30+ elemental artifact will be superior. Maybe the 6* weapons have slightly higher stats when in realm, but artifacts are such an inventory slot saver. I think I dumped nearly all my MND staves/rods and run the holy boost MND dagger for my healer all the time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Either Rosetta - the inferior choice - or Rainbow Shard them. You need those rainbow shards to upgrade your Artifact Weapons. Also advisable is to go through your inventory to shard dupes and old 5* gear that doesn't have elemental boosts. And default your auto-sell to auto-rainbow shard so your 1-4* draws will be prompted for rainbow shard.

And I haven't really gone too crazy with grabbing Artifacts. 6* with elemental boost works fine. But obviously a lvl 30+ elemental artifact will be superior. Maybe the 6* weapons have slightly higher stats when in realm, but artifacts are such an inventory slot saver. I think I dumped nearly all my MND staves/rods and run the holy boost MND dagger for my healer all the time.

Artifacts are great, though I only have one. I'm kind of a cheap skate. I'll probably end up making at dark magic dagger or something in the future. I have no 6* dark rods/staves to compensate >.>

BG Level

I'm sitting on 10 elemental artifacts. One is a waste (Fire Katana) Only 2 are maxed out (Holy MND Dagger, Fire ATK dagger) It's nice to fill in the gaps as well. May as well use a few artifact stones instead of going full elixir hoarding.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So I have regrets about the Artifact Stone purchases.

I got a full set of Phys Daggers, and a set of Mag Daggers.
    Way back when they launched I got a few VI Realm specific ones, along with the MND/MAG ones.

I have a 6/7 Artifact stones, and the next Black Chocobo event will give us another. What should I be eyeing up next on my list of Artifacts?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Are they ever going to have another catchup event where you can clear events you may have missed?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    Are they ever going to have another catchup event where you can clear events you may have missed?
    Unlikely. I kind of feel like that was a one time thing to bridge some global event schedules compared to JP.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    I have a 6/7 Artifact stones, and the next Black Chocobo event will give us another. What should I be eyeing up next on my list of Artifacts?
    What stuff do you have left? 6 stars remain usable especially with realm synergy so covering gaps in your weapon coverage works. You'll want to only be getting element up weapons from now though. Daggers are always a safe choice although sometimes there are record spheres that key off specific weapon types.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Holy fuck Titan

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I think I finally did it.

Haven't logged in in over a month.

BG Level

So trying to come back like I said and it’s been really hard.

When I left I didn’t do the new torments, and 4* magicite.

And it’s kinda hard to create teams so I’ll try to ask some questions

1) if I have a CSB2 is that character automatically in the team?
    2) is Lifesiphon with ace striker until SB still the way to go?
    3) back then I always used yshtola BSB as it seemed god since I had her wall too, is she still god?
    4) what is the dream dungeons?
    5) any teams composition and abilities tips?
    6) once you clear the record dungeons are they worth to grind ?

I try to comeback like I said but when I get to 260+ I get MEH cuz I remember the RNG and the time it takes to build the teams ( find the good SB I need find the good elemental resist accessories) etc

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm still learning as I go so someone else may be able sound off with better info/advice.

1) I usually had to work with what I had. I have Tidus Water and Rikku Water chains, but I used Tidus in my Phoenix fight over Rikku. I played around with my setup, but the kills were less consistent with her so I went with Tidus instead.
    2) It's A way to go. I don't know how often I used it, but I remember seeing it pop into a few of my 5* Magicite battles. I think some of the Titan strategies I've seen have it in them as well.
    3) Most higher end battles include Protect, Shell, Haste and DEF/RES boosts. There are more sources than back when you quit, but Yshtola's stoneskin is still good to have. Tyro's Godwall (Pro/Shell/Haste/DEF&RES boosts are all included) is nice to have in some fights, but Magicite battles give you access to the DEF&RES boost as a Roaming Warrior, so it's not necessary to carry it on a party member so she may be replaceable there.
    4) Dream Dungeons are boss battles that give rewards similar to how Torment gives rewards, just without the completion time restriction.
    It's our only way that we have outside of Torments to earn Rubies.
    5)Keep an eye on your lenses for the Record Laboratory. You can use those to purchase some SBs that are handy. A couple I would recommend are Elarra's USB1(Magica Album), Edges pBlink, Onion Knight's pUSB/mUSB (if you don't have them)
    6)Outside of first time completion, I don't usually go back to Realm or Record dungeons. Realms give 8 or so Mythril per update. Record Dungeons give us Crystal Waters. Waters are a finite supply at the moment and the only way to get them is in the Record dungeons. It is worth having as as you proceed through them, you'll be able to give characters up to a 30 stat boost with them.

Is Magia also new to you? After a character reaches level 99, every battle they are included in will net them 1 Magia XP, after a set number of magia XP you will get a magia level, which will allow you to boost some stats on that character.

Most of the 260+ content I handle I can tackle with the various Magicite/Torment teams I have saved in my favorites list so team building isn't too arduous unless it's a new difficulty battle for me.