Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I spent weeks out there trying to get that augment and it never happened.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Lightweights. I had 2 pairs, 2 hairpins, and 4 perfect dark rings

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I'm surprised more people were not banned for the rampant Neo Nyzul Isle cheating. My LS members and I blitzed it really hard the first two weeks and capped our gear. Combination of turning off textures (to see through walls to find that one "Impossible to Gauge" mob and the lamps), clipping through dead ends, and running at flee speed, combined with nearly fulltime Embravas, it was a cinch. It was funny because SE originally tuned the floor 100 gear to be extremely powerful, thinking that only 1% of players would ever attain it (needed really fucking good luck on floors, voice chat, and perfect setup to do this without cheating). Too many complained so they nerfed it and also added a token exchange so legit players could achieve it. I think SE learned their lesson about gating powerful gear behind shit that required a ton of luck AND skill. I still remember how fucking good Phorcys body/Thaumas body/Nares legs were. They were OP even up to, and during some of the i119 era. Hell, do mages even have an i119 refresh leg? I quit before Ambuscade and new abjurations, so idk.
    Well.

I don't remember Japanese policies (so for Japanese account players) but they tried not to hit players too hard (general policies for this incident).
    NA policies were "lol wtf is Flee?", they did nothing at all and even turned down taking actions on players that were escalated by other regions.
    EU was me fighting against the SGMs to go into Nyzul runs and ban people on sight (they wouldn't let me do it after I banned over 20 people within an hour and NA yelling that it was unacceptable bla bla). Other GMs were mostly clueless and too lazy to do it (there are certain commands to use and people aren't familiar with those, they're quite "advanced").

Soooooo, yeah, we didn't ban a lot of people.

Same thing happened to Ironclad exploit.

And yes, Refresh +1/2 on legs nowadays but that's not as vital as it used to be.

Campaign
    BG Level

What was the Ironclad exploit? I don't remember ever reading about it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Where you could stand on a cliff and it would stay below swinging at you but wouldn't hit

Campaign
    BG Level

I can think of plenty of (similar) strategies still used to day even in modern content, granted nothing that far.
    Why was it considered so broken? I mean lolironclad.

Are we talking about the randomly walking around Ironclads in the second tier of Abyssea zones?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

at one point in time pluviale was top tier idle gear and people were constantly soloing it with the wall so i guess it was a problem yeah

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Yuffy~ View Post
    Hello!

Seeing your name made me so nostalgic and made me want to post haha.
    Sorry for the late reply but yeah It's good to see you also my man.

Thinking back on the bans, I was super beyond sad Richardd was perma-hammered. He was the coolest Elvaan SAM ever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4