358/2 days*
    whatever lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Can someone fill me in on what the fuck was up with ol' whip-keyblade guy at the end?

You go through all the time-travel bullshit, and the thing that changes is... some random ass dude shows up to fix things for you... no one questions it, and then you never see them again? What did any of that have to do with going back in time to fix things?

I asked someone that cares more than I do, and they were like... "It's a suit of armor that Terra can possess". Even if that were true, why is it just... gone after that? That doesn't explain any of the time-travel questions. What the fuck?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Play BBS.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Can someone fill me in on what the fuck was up with ol' whip-keyblade guy at the end?

You go through all the time-travel bullshit, and the thing that changes is... some random ass dude shows up to fix things for you... no one questions it, and then you never see them again? What did any of that have to do with going back in time to fix things?

I asked someone that cares more than I do, and they were like... "It's a suit of armor that Terra can possess". Even if that were true, why is it just... gone after that? That doesn't explain any of the time-travel questions. What the fuck?
    Lingering Will, which is Terra's conscience. Namine contacts Terra in the Final World to ask for help. Should really play BBS if you haven't. It's very good.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

As for what happens to it after that point, yeah that is a bit of a plot hole, it does just randomly disappear, not to be seen again lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There's a bunch of people they've ignored in the ending. It seems rushed and also suggests they will probably show up just like that in the next game

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    Lingering Will, which is Terra's conscience. Namine contacts Terra in the Final World to ask for help. Should really play BBS if you haven't. It's very good.
    It doesn't help that if you choose to not talk or explore any of the souls you miss Namine and Stretzillia(*sp) cutscenes that hint to the player what is to come.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    It doesn't help that if you choose to not talk or explore any of the souls you miss Namine and Stretzillia(*sp) cutscenes that hint to the player what is to come.
    Definitely. I missed both cutscenes when I played, and I thought I talked to every star in that area. I was wrong \o/

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I had no idea who Strelitzia was, having not played X or Union X or whatever. I thought her voice belonged to Lea and Isa's friend that died I think? But Strelitzia was waiting for the MC of the X/UnionX games, yeah? And was it ever explained who the friend of Lea and Isa's was that died? (I assume died anyway)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

She disappeared I think. And the assumption is it was either Ava or Skuld?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

As far as the voice goes, I don't think there's been any confirmation who it is. It's a different VA than Ava, so probably not her. Strelitzia and Skuld don't have VAs, so it could be them. Strelitzia says she's waiting for a him though, if I'm not mistaken, and the player character in X can be female, so I lean more towards Skuld.

Lea and Isa's friend is in the same boat, but evidence leans towards Skuld as well since Luxu/Braig/Xigbar should have recognized Ava.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wouldn't Strelizia be talking about Lauriam?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

It's possible, but she says her heart pines for another which is weird to say about a sibling..

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    It's possible, but she says her heart pines for another which is weird to say about a sibling..
    English kind of went out of their way to change that dialogue. Japanese doesn't use a synonym for pine. It's more straightforward.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1093165785172856832 (many changes from JP>EN)

I've seen some people wondering about who the mystery star girl from the Final World is, and English makes it sound like there's implied romance. I'll only be noting the two parts that stood out + give a bit of background, so that you can draw your own conclusion.

>>>"only because it pines for another" -> "because [it (her heart)] continues to wait on him"
    There's no pining, she's merely been waiting for a long time.

>>>"he would be distressed by my absence" -> "he would search everywhere for me"
    For those of you who aren't familiar with KHUx, Marluxia's somebody, Lauriam, reels in Larxene's somebody, Elrena (/Erlena) to look for his "missing" little sister, going above and beyond /searching/ for her. This is why his little sister, Strelitzia, is the first that comes to mind for a lot of fans. On top of that, Strelitzia was killed by a somebody.

Bonus: Sora tells the star to believe. In Japanese, he tells her not to give up. This mirrors Riku's earlier peptalk to him.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh hai I can actually read this thread now

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Welcome, brother.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well I finished yesterday. The parade of boss fights and cutscenes at the end I found pretty annoying, though that might be a personal issue for me because having only played KH1 I don't grasp all the story threads that tie everyone together. The only really difficult fight I encountered was the trio before Xenahort (don't ask me to remember all these anime names). Story is still a bunch of gibberish to me about hearts and darkness and light and keyblades and shit but the gameplay was fine for what it was. Probably gonna trade it back in and free up the disk space on my PS4 and just youtube whatever the extended ending might be. Favorite world was probably Toy Story followed by Pirates. I can appreciate how SE made a low key good pirate game as side content for one world, I'm sure that probably took up at least one year of the last 13 this game spent in dev time. 7/10 for me.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

So, you cats have been waiting since you were in your mother's womb for this game. Its been out long enough for the edges to fray and the paint to settle.

Final verdicts?