Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Coming to D+ June 22nd.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wow that’s a lot earlier than I expected.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Disney been doing 45 days after theater release

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

45 seems like the new standard, they've also been doing it for HBO Max and I believe Top Gun Maverick is set to be on Paramount+ after 45 days as well

Ridill
    BG Level

I don’t think I enjoyed this film very much and I think the biggest thing holding it back for me is
    Spoiler: show
    Wanda. It’s just “oops I’m the big bad villain now. There needed to be something to bridge the gap between Wandavision and this. I mean, she was a pretty awful person in WV, but at least she wasn’t fully aware of what she was doing. And then we get a little end credit of her reading a book. Jump to this movie and she’s just up and ready to murder everyone. I get it’s the Darkhold (and Wanda’s fucked up psyche) but there wasn’t any buildup to what the Darkhold could do either. And then, even if I can look over that, which I did manage to, her power was so inconsistent. She went from making mouths disappear and unraveling people’s existence to barely being able to deflect a shield. If she could alter reality so heavy, why did she rely so heavily on basic ass fireblasts. It ruined any kind of feeing of stakes or dread because I just kept thinking “why doesn’t she just do X?” “Why is she slowly limping when she could be flying?” “Where the hell are all these demons and interdimensional creatures she was summoning?” That mummy thing at the beginning looked and acted way more threatening than Wanda was.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

We're out of the Milkster window right?

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    It just came out on Disney + which is where I saw it for the first time. Honestly, I’d say still spoiler for another week or two.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    It just came out on Disney + which is where I saw it for the first time. Honestly, I’d say still spoiler for another week or two.
    Just in time for new Thor then

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Dr. Strange 2: In The Multiverse of Madness (May 6, 2022)

I don’t think I enjoyed this film very much and I think the biggest thing holding it back for me is
    Wanda. It’s just “oops I’m the big bad villain now. There needed to be something to bridge the gap between Wandavision and this. I mean, she was a pretty awful person in WV, but at least she wasn’t fully aware of what she was doing. And then we get a little end credit of her reading a book. Jump to this movie and she’s just up and ready to murder everyone. I get it’s the Darkhold (and Wanda’s fucked up psyche) but there wasn’t any buildup to what the Darkhold could do either. And then, even if I can look over that, which I did manage to, her power was so inconsistent. She went from making mouths disappear and unraveling people’s existence to barely being able to deflect a shield. If she could alter reality so heavy, why did she rely so heavily on basic ass fireblasts. It ruined any kind of feeing of stakes or dread because I just kept thinking “why doesn’t she just do X?” “Why is she slowly limping when she could be flying?” “Where the hell are all these demons and interdimensional creatures she was summoning?” That mummy thing at the beginning looked and acted way more threatening than Wanda was.
    Hard disagree.

The script was indeed pretty corny and wonky at times, Sam Raimi doing Sam Raimi things, but this is the Wanda we should’ve gotten at the end of WV before they chickened out. And I loved every minute of it.

Elizabeth Olsen carried the fuck out of this movie. I couldn’t stop feeling for her the entire time with the way her acting was so on point. The last scene with her multiverse kids being afraid and telling her to go away, her reaction to that broke my fucking heart.

Other than that, meh. Feels like everything in Phase 4 has been either meh or downright awful movie wise minus NWH. Even the D+ series really only has WV/Loki as a recommended watch.

This is the exact argument I used with some friends. Also -
    Wong should have died. The only reason he survived the fall is because they mistakenly wrote themself into a corner with the whole 'not being able to use the ring to teleport to the temple thing' and they had to have some excuse for him to be back at the temple and alive so magically he survived the fall.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    This is the exact argument I used with some friends. Also -
    Wong should have died. The only reason he survived the fall is because they mistakenly wrote themself into a corner with the whole 'not being able to use the ring to teleport to the temple thing' and they had to have some excuse for him to be back at the temple and alive so magically he survived the fall.
    My head canon was that his bat grapple gun thing slowed his fall

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/11...hat-will-occur

Movies in Theaters: 1 Month
    Moves out of Theater: No wait period

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not really spoiler I guess, more conjecture, but figure keep it spoiled. I love Wong, and I agree, but I think he's just being written to live to end up being the next Coulson. He'll get well known to everyone, then end up biting the bullet from the next big bad to tug at those emotional connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Not really spoiler I guess, more conjecture, but figure keep it spoiled. I love Wong, and I agree, but I think he's just being written to live to end up being the next Coulson. He'll get well known to everyone, then end up biting the bullet from the next big bad to tug at those emotional connections.
    I should have noted I'm totally glad he didn't die. I would LOVE a D+ show staring him as he's possibly my favorite MCU character. I mostly meant that it really just seemed like bad writing. As far as Tyrath's comment about a bat grabble gun thing. I know he used that to get up, but didn't he just wake up on the cliff with the implication that he fell there? It was a pretty quick moment and also a few weeks ago when I saw it, but I don't recall him having that thing out at the time of the fall. I like the idea of this though, but it would have been nice if they showed like a rope or something to imply that he did do something to slow his fall.

I should have noted I'm totally glad he didn't die. I would LOVE a D+ show staring him as he's possibly my favorite MCU character. I mostly meant that it really just seemed like bad writing. As far as Tyrath's comment about a bat grabble gun thing. I know he used that to get up, but didn't he just wake up on the cliff with the implication that he fell there? It was a pretty quick moment and also a few weeks ago when I saw it, but I don't recall him having that thing out at the time of the fall. I like the idea of this though, but it would have been nice if they showed like a rope or something to imply that he did do something to slow his fall.
    Falling has been inconsequential (well, except on Vormir I guess) for a while now. If Nat can survive falling off of a sky fortress, it's all fair game in my book. But yes, that fall should have killed Wong.

As for what I thought of the movie... Fuck them still trying to make Wanda a sympathetic villain til the end. Also fuck that music fight scene. Wtf was that. Rest of the movie was aight. I hope they bring back Stewart and Krasinski. Oh, right. I'm also excited for Incursion shenanigans. But can we please get rid of the third eye? Cause fuck that, too.

Oh, and was that a statue of Lady Death in the room on Mt. Wundagore? I thought it looked like it, then there was a voice later telling Strange something like the dead are off-limits for dreamwalking or whatever. Lol if they end up introducing Lady Death now, after all the Thanos stuff is over.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    Falling has been inconsequential (well, except on Vormir I guess) for a while now. If Nat can survive falling off of a sky fortress, it's all fair game in my book. But yes, that fall should have killed Wong.

As for what I thought of the movie... Fuck them still trying to make Wanda a sympathetic villain til the end. Also fuck that music fight scene. Wtf was that. Rest of the movie was aight. I hope they bring back Stewart and Krasinski.

Oh, and was that a statue of Lady Death in the room on Mt. Wundegore? I thought it looked like it, then there was a voice later telling Strange something like the dead are off-limits for dreamwalking or whatever. Lol if they end up introducing Lady Death now, after all the Thanos stuff is over.
    there was a thing I saw somewhere awhile ago that they had statues of all the big cosmic beings, not just Death. That voice specifically being used during that scene definitely makes me think they plan on having her make a larger appearance down the road.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Is it too much to ask for a show staring Wong where has to play it straight when students or Dr. Strange are around, then when they are gone, he lets loose, cheats in underground fight clubs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Is it too much to ask for a show staring Wong where has to play it straight when students or Dr. Strange are around, then when they are gone, he lets loose, cheats in underground fight clubs, etc.
    As long as I get one twenty-minute episode of Wong dancing to All the Single Ladies.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    This is the pitch for a Strange Academy show.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk