+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This season continues to get better. Great episode, great elimination. Hope that's not the only trivia challenge this season. That was an ugly cry Georgia had, almost had to give her extra for her volume of tears.

Turbo is not a man I want to get in a pissing contest with, and definitely not a real fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vil
    Idea I had during the commercial in Hunter's tribunal: Is he the most unpleasant person that they've had on the challenge in recent years? There are plenty of people who are boring, but at least seem like generally nice people. There are probably 2-3 people who are bigger assholes, but at least at times have probably brought some sort of charm/humor to the show. What has this guy ever brought to the game other than his shitty bandanas and misdirected idiotic rage?
    I don't think he's the *most* unpleasant person (Camila in particular comes to mind, maybe Ashley M and Amanda), but I don't really get why they keep bringing him back. He's just a stereotype, and not a terribly interesting one - there are a number of other men I'd rather see again. His most interesting storyline this year has been Wes' reactions to Hunter's continuous failures. I'm fairly surprised Hunter's still in the game, to be honest.

Fantasy continues to get uglier. I have 3 of the top 4 and 5 of the top 10. Ridiculous.

Scoring this Week:
    Spoiler: show
    Standings:

Byrd 710 5
    Vil 560 4
    Xno Kappa 415 2
    Headspace 355 2
    Moss 235 0
    UFA 50 0

Scoring Notes:
    Turbo gets medical on camera (5)
    Paulie, Theo, Turbo win challenge (10)
    Hunter screaming at Theo in the tribunal (5)
    Theo screaming at Hunter later (5)
    Turbo (!) yelling at Hunter (5)
    Turbo causing production to restrain him on camera (5)
    Dee wins confessional cleavage award (5)
    Georgia ugly crying while Bear is losing (5)
    Kyle wins elimination (15)

Contestant Standings to Date:
    Paulie 175 BYRD GAME
    Hunter 145 HEAD GAME
    Cara Maria 135 BYRD GAME
    Da'Vonne 120 BYRD GAME
    Theo 120 VIL GAME
    Dee 115 VIL GAME
    Georgia 115 BYRD GAME
    Nany 110 HEAD GAME
    Kyle 105 VIL GAME
    Turbo 105 BYRD GAME
    Wes 105 VIL GAME
    Natalie D. 100 XNO GAME
    Bear 95 VIL HOME
    Mattie Lynn 95 XNO GAME
    Kam 85 XNO HOME
    Ashley C. 70 XNO HOME
    Jenna 60 MOSS HOME
    Josh 60 BYRD HOME
    Amanda 55 HEAD HOME
    Gus 55 MOSS HOME
    Zahida 55 XNO HOME
    Zach 50 MOSS HOME
    Leroy 35 MOSS HOME
    Johnny Bananas 25 HEAD HOME
    Morgan 25 MOSS HOME
    Shaleen 25 UFA HOME
    JP 20 VIL HOME
    Julia 20 UFA HOME
    CT 15 MOSS HOME
    Natalie N. 15 HEAD HOME
    Ashley M. 10 XNO HOME
    Chase 5 HEAD HOME
    Liz 5 UFA HOME
    Alan 0 MOSS HOME

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Wouldn't have blamed you if you gave Georgia extra for that, but then I'd have to joke you're just padding your stats, since it's absolutely over. It's not even the current points of the people you have, it's the game situation. Besides DaVonne, your entire team is on the strong side or affiliated/protected by it. If you told me a year ago that Wes, Hunter, and Kyle would be working together and would be severe underdogs I'd laugh, but that's the case here.

I'm not sure unpleasant was necessarily the word I was looking for. Even still, I'd say maybe to Camila, and definitely no to Amanda/Ashley. As much as it is easy to focus on the negatives for the latter duo, since they'll often spend entire seasons only showing that side, there at least can be some other moments from them.

Low-key moment(s) that made me laugh in the episode is Theo constantly calling Wes "Wesley". I'm sure that someone corrected him at one point and he's just trolling. Due to his advanced years, Wes probably forgot about it by the next day anyway.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Low-key moment(s) that made me laugh in the episode is Theo constantly calling Wes "Wesley". I'm sure that someone corrected him at one point and he's just trolling. Due to his advanced years, Wes probably forgot about it by the next day anyway.
    My favorite comment of the episode was Wes saying something like "Bear didn't even say goodbye to Georgia, he just ran off the Killing Floor, clearly in a big hurry to call his cousin."

Kyle also had some A+ confessionals - his self-awareness has really made me appreciate him a lot this year. Well, that and Paulie and Cara Maria targeting him all season. I really do think Paulie & Kyle are fine with each other, but play it up for TV and because Cara Maria seems to have some sort of fetish for guys fighting over her.

BG Level

What a weird time for a cliffhanger. I guess I thought they'd sooner cut it off back at the house or before the final vote even. At least it's better than doing 5+ minutes of an elimination and then cliffhanger for the final 10 seconds like they've done so many times in the past.

Total vanity episode for Wes, and it's fine by me. It's been like 5 years since he's been on the show, and even if he's full of himself and cheesy, someone needed to be the narrator, and it was good to kind of spend more time sorting out the house since we're close to the endgame now. They'd kind of just done the Paulie/Cara crap for so much of the season. Plus the UK alliance which really didn't seem so dominating except that they were loyal to each other. They weren't really wielding tons of power and it's almost all gone at this point anyway.

Speaking of the UK alliance, could have used Ashley there to see if he might have had something to say about someone feeling the need to repeatedly insist that they're the only person that's not insecure.

Oh Georgia... I'm not surprised, as she's not the schemer type. She's just not the type of person that has enough standing to be able to get away with something like that. Either you've got to have enough people who have your back or have to have enough people afraid of you.

When I saw the previews, I was hoping that the Nany/Cara stuff would explode, but I don't blame her for not wanting to sit around and deal with Cara rather than spending time with people she does like. Can DaVonne just have Jemmye's spot permanently? She at least tries as a competitor, and checks off pretty much all the other things that Jemmye does.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That was a drag of an episode compared to most of them this year. Oh well, they can't all be winners, although I am really annoyed they don't have an elimination. Considering how much non-competition there was, there was virtually zero points scored.

Scoring:

Standings:
    Byrd 740 5
    Vil 600 4
    Xno Kappa 435 2
    Headspace 365 2
    Moss 235 0
    UFA 50 0

Scoring Notes:
    Georgia crying after they got back to the house (5)
    Challenge won - Mattie, Wes, Dee won challenge (10)

Contestant Point Totals:
    Paulie 180 BYRD GAME
    Hunter 150 HEAD GAME
    Cara Maria 140 BYRD GAME
    Dee 130 VIL GAME
    Da'Vonne 125 BYRD GAME
    Georgia 125 BYRD GAME
    Theo 125 VIL GAME
    Wes 120 VIL GAME
    Nany 115 HEAD GAME
    Kyle 110 VIL GAME
    Mattie Lynn 110 XNO GAME
    Turbo 110 BYRD GAME
    Natalie D. 105 XNO GAME
    Bear 95 VIL HOME
    Kam 85 XNO HOME
    Ashley C. 70 XNO HOME
    Jenna 60 MOSS HOME
    Josh 60 BYRD HOME
    Amanda 55 HEAD HOME
    Gus 55 MOSS HOME
    Zahida 55 XNO HOME
    Zach 50 MOSS HOME
    Leroy 35 MOSS HOME
    Morgan 25 MOSS HOME
    Shaleen 25 UFA HOME
    JP 20 VIL HOME
    Julia 20 UFA HOME
    CT 15 MOSS HOME
    Natalie N. 15 HEAD HOME
    Ashley M. 10 XNO HOME
    Chase 5 HEAD HOME
    Liz 5 UFA HOME
    Alan 0 MOSS HOME

GATTACA!

BG Level

Damn. season was going so smoothly until they had to throw in a cliffhanger episode

PLEASE call out Cara

Also Dee is bae. I want her on every season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Another damn cliffhanger episode. I guess we still had a challenge, an elimination, and some bar stuff in one episode, I just prefer it when they end with an elimination.

Turbo is kind of a big baby. Ninja was totally in the wrong, and suitably humbled, but she apologized, and he just can't let it go.
    Why is Hunter seriously thinking about quitting this late in the season? What's he thinking?
    If Paulie volunteers to go onto the Killing Floor, that's just dumb. My guess is that he isn't going to do it, which is why they had the cliffhanger, to give us a week of thinking we're going to see Kyle vs. Paulie. I think Kyle goes in, and he gets eliminated due (at least in part) to his injuries.

Fantasy-wise, I have five of the top seven. Still don't know how I got so damn lucky.

Scoring:
    Georgia wins elimination in impressive fashion (15)
    Ninja beating a dumpster with a board (10)
    Turbo and Ninja yelling at each other (5)
    Paulie, Georgia, Turbo, Ninja, Wes, Da'Vonne won challenge (10)
    Natalie crying because she won but yelled at Turbo, feels bad. (5)
    Da'Vonne crying because she won (5)
    Turbo (!) crying (10)

Standings:
    Byrd 840 5
    Vil 630 4
    Xno Kappa 475 2
    Headspace 370 1
    Moss 235 0
    UFA 50 0

All Contestant Point Standings:

Paulie 195 BYRD GAME
    Georgia 155 BYRD GAME
    Hunter 155 HEAD GAME
    Cara Maria 145 BYRD GAME
    Da'Vonne 145 BYRD GAME
    Natalie D. 140 XNO GAME
    Turbo 140 BYRD GAME
    Dee 135 VIL GAME
    Wes 135 VIL GAME
    Theo 130 VIL GAME
    Kyle 115 VIL GAME
    Mattie Lynn 115 XNO GAME
    Nany 115 HEAD HOME
    Bear 95 VIL HOME
    Kam 85 XNO HOME
    Ashley C. 70 XNO HOME
    Jenna 60 MOSS HOME
    Josh 60 BYRD HOME
    Amanda 55 HEAD HOME
    Gus 55 MOSS HOME
    Zahida 55 XNO HOME
    Zach 50 MOSS HOME
    Leroy 35 MOSS HOME
    Morgan 25 MOSS HOME
    Shaleen 25 UFA HOME
    JP 20 VIL HOME
    Julia 20 UFA HOME
    CT 15 MOSS HOME
    Natalie N. 15 HEAD HOME
    Ashley M. 10 XNO HOME
    Chase 5 HEAD HOME
    Liz 5 UFA HOME
    Alan 0 MOSS HOME

BG Level

Episode was ok in spite of two crap challenges.

Why not just bring back the rope elimination if they want to do something like that? If they're going to team people up, then make it so it's a double tribunal, though individual for the votes/elimination itself. That's still kind of messed up, but not as bad.

I prefer episodes that don't end with eliminations, just to see people bitch about it even when it has everything. There's still Hall Brawl, challenge, tribunal, female elimination, bloodbath/purge, and final remaining. There are probably some out there that would want them to fit that all into 2 episodes. So long as it doesn't go past 4, I don't have a problem with it. They've cut so much from this season, so if there's stuff worth spending time on in their final days, let's see it. Shit, look at the scoring. If you're not crying, you're not getting points.

Hunter clearly needs to take time off, but this has been known for a while. Turbo doesn't need to accept Natalie's apology, though I'm sure most of them wished he would so that she'd just leave him be at the bar. What I was wondering when she started freaking out is if she had some arrangement with others, so she did have something riding on that. Nobody will ever know since they've never shown her this season. Maybe people at MTV just hate her since the only time they've shown her for more than 10 seconds in a row was throwing a temper tantrum when it's not even a girls' elimination day.

Weird rules thing from the preview for next week. My dvr recording cut off during it, so I didn't catch it clearly.

BG Level

The problem with ending the episode there is a more extreme version of two episodes ago. All due respect to Dee and DaVonne, but it's not as if there are two factions/rivals facing off, or even two top contenders. It's pretty much the opposite, though maybe the elimination will be good. I didn't catch if it was best of 3 or what.

As for the previous one, I think I realized some time over the weekend that despite some weird decisions lately with where they cut off episodes, if Paulie volunteered and called Kyle out, I believe they would have shown it and cut it off right after. Oh well. Hall Brawl delivered. It was about 4-5 episodes in and even though he'd won a 3-way elimination and had been in a tribunal, it didn't seem like that good a season for Kyle. Dude really had an impressive season and is a stronger competitor than I thought he was.

Plane challenge was great, though a bit too similar a concept to that dune buggy one to have in this close proximity. They've had some really stupid concepts for challenges, especially involving cranes, but this was creative, challenging, and didn't make for terrible tv.

The Turbo/Ninja/Dee stuff is so dumb, and I wish that they'd just acknowledge that it's probably differences in culture and let it be. Unfortunately, it's probably the only material that they've given the whole season.

Byrd with 2 people in the finals already, lol.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's been a solid season. That was an awesome elimination between Kyle and Theo. Two really well matched competitors.

The airplane challenge was also very visually cool. Of course, they knew that - they had it in the season preview.

Scoring:

Byrd 840 5
    Vil 630 3
    Xno Kappa 475 2
    Headspace 370 1
    Moss 235 0
    UFA 50 0

Theo won elimination (15)
    Dee crying (5)
    Turbo and Cara Maria win challenge (10)
    Paulie in tribunal (5)
    Natalie Ninja crying (5)

Contestant Points:
    Paulie 195 BYRD
    Georgia 155 BYRD
    Hunter 155 HEAD
    Cara Maria 145 BYRD
    Da'Vonne 145 BYRD
    Natalie D. 140 XNO
    Turbo 140 BYRD
    Dee 135 VIL
    Wes 135 VIL
    Theo 130 VIL
    Kyle 115 VIL
    Mattie Lynn 115 XNO
    Nany 115 HEAD
    Bear 95 VIL
    Kam 85 XNO
    Ashley C. 70 XNO
    Jenna 60 MOSS
    Josh 60 BYRD
    Amanda 55 HEAD
    Gus 55 MOSS
    Zahida 55 XNO
    Zach 50 MOSS
    Leroy 35 MOSS
    Johnny Bananas 25 HEAD
    Morgan 25 MOSS
    Shaleen 25 UFA
    JP 20 VIL
    Julia 20 UFA
    CT 15 MOSS
    Natalie N. 15 HEAD
    Ashley M. 10 XNO
    Chase 5 HEAD
    Liz 5 UFA
    Alan 0 MOSS

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Another damn cliffhanger episode. I guess we still had a challenge, an elimination, and some bar stuff in one episode, I just prefer it when they end with an elimination.

Turbo is kind of a big baby. Ninja was totally in the wrong, and suitably humbled, but she apologized, and he just can't let it go.
    Why is Hunter seriously thinking about quitting this late in the season? What's he thinking?
    If Paulie volunteers to go onto the Killing Floor, that's just dumb. My guess is that he isn't going to do it, which is why they had the cliffhanger, to give us a week of thinking we're going to see Kyle vs. Paulie. I think Kyle goes in, and he gets eliminated due (at least in part) to his injuries.

Fantasy-wise, I have five of the top seven. Still don't know how I got so damn lucky.

Scoring:
    Georgia wins elimination in impressive fashion (15)
    Ninja beating a dumpster with a board (10)
    Turbo and Ninja yelling at each other (5)
    Paulie, Georgia, Turbo, Ninja, Wes, Da'Vonne won challenge (10)
    Natalie crying because she won but yelled at Turbo, feels bad. (5)
    Da'Vonne crying because she won (5)
    Turbo (!) crying (10)

Standings:
    Byrd8405
    Vil6304
    Xno Kappa4752
    Headspace3701
    Moss2350
    UFA500

All Contestant Point Standings:

Paulie195BYRDGAME
    Georgia155BYRDGAME
    Hunter155HEADGAME
    Cara Maria145BYRDGAME
    Da'Vonne145BYRDGAME
    Natalie D.140XNOGAME
    Turbo140BYRDGAME
    Dee135VILGAME
    Wes135VILGAME
    Theo130VILGAME
    Kyle115VILGAME
    Mattie Lynn115XNOGAME
    Nany115HEADHOME
    Bear95VILHOME
    Kam85XNOHOME
    Ashley C.70XNOHOME
    Jenna60MOSSHOME
    Josh60BYRDHOME
    Amanda55HEADHOME
    Gus55MOSSHOME
    Zahida55XNOHOME
    Zach50MOSSHOME
    Leroy35MOSSHOME
    Johnny Bananas25HEADHOME
    Morgan25MOSSHOME
    Shaleen25UFAHOME
    JP20VILHOME
    Julia20UFAHOME
    CT15MOSSHOME
    Natalie N.15HEADHOME
    Ashley M.10XNOHOME
    Chase5HEADHOME
    Liz5UFAHOME
    Alan0MOSSHOME
    Two weeks late on this but I'm completely team Turbo

Ninja yells at him the entire challenge then goes fucking ballistic at the end. Even if she's screaming at "the sky" it's still effectively at Turbo because she's blaming him for the loss

Then, of course, they actually win. She should've been apologizing profusely immediately but I wouldn't have wanted to hear it either after all of that abuse.

Then she felt guilty and wanted to hear him accept her apology but I give him credit, he knew it was fake bullshit and he told her to fuck off.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Paulie failing to make that climb was surprising, although he made it twice. Also really surprised how much Mattie Lynn struggled.

Final starts next week, not sure if it is one episode or two. Makes sense that there is a tribunal, though, there are usually only 6 in the final.

Five prospects and three vets left, that's interesting.

Thinking Turbo is most likely to win, but I think anybody could really win. Seems like an awfully physical final considering guys and girls are competing against each other, so I think it will be a guy, but I think Cara Maria certainly has a chance, and Georgia is apparently an endurance beast.

Scoring:

Forgot to extend the spreadsheet totals last week, so the overall standings were off a bit. Just means my lead is a little bigger than previously reported.

Standings:
    Byrd 940 3
    Vil 680 2
    Xno Kappa 500 2
    Headspace 380 1
    Moss 235 0

Scoring Notes for the Week:
    Da'Vonne wins elimination (15)
    Dee crying when she loses (5)
    Paulie gets medical on camera (5)
    Paulie crying in confessional (10)
    Cara Maria crying because Paulie is gone (5)

Paulie 195 BYRD HOME
    Georgia 155 BYRD GAME
    Hunter 155 HEAD GAME
    Cara Maria 145 BYRD GAME
    Da'Vonne 145 BYRD HOME
    Natalie D. 140 XNO GAME
    Turbo 140 BYRD GAME
    Dee 135 VIL HOME
    Wes 135 VIL GAME
    Theo 130 VIL GAME
    Kyle 115 VIL HOME
    Mattie Lynn 115 XNO GAME
    Nany 115 HEAD HOME
    Bear 95 VIL HOME
    Kam 85 XNO HOME
    Ashley C. 70 XNO HOME
    Jenna 60 MOSS HOME
    Josh 60 BYRD HOME
    Amanda 55 HEAD HOME
    Gus 55 MOSS HOME
    Zahida 55 XNO HOME
    Zach 50 MOSS HOME
    Leroy 35 MOSS HOME
    Morgan 25 MOSS HOME
    Shaleen 25 UFA HOME
    JP 20 VIL HOME
    Julia 20 UFA HOME
    CT 15 MOSS HOME
    Natalie N. 15 HEAD HOME
    Ashley M. 10 XNO HOME
    Chase 5 HEAD HOME
    Liz 5 UFA HOME
    Alan 0 MOSS HOME

BG Level

So much of it depends on what sort of variety of tasks they throw at them. Many carnival games? Lots of lifting/carrying? Puzzles? Teaming up? Equalizers? The only two that I feel comfortably writing off are Hunter and Mattie.

Mattie got a lot of hype but has seemed one-dimensional. She's got a size advantage on all the girls, but I'd say I was more impressed overall by Cara, Natalie, Georgia, Dee, and DaVonne. 3-way elimination? She beat two tiny girls. Wind tunnel showing was probably her finest hour this season. Slide puzzle on top of the dune buggy? Meh. She bombed 2-3 other puzzles this season. While I'd take her over any of those ladies in something purely physical, the rest of the F6 all had succeeded in multiple facets. At least one of the tribunals she made was pretty much all Kyle.

And I can only imagine that a "50 mile" final is going to totally expose Hunter.

Turbo is probably the person I'd have as the favorite too, but only if he knows his limits. That's why I think Wes could have a chance if experience could be a factor. Turbo's already passed out overexerting himself once this season.

My DVR doesn't go far enough ahead, but I think it'll be 2 episodes for the final.

BG Level

Wow, that final is no joke. The distance probably seems excessive in that climate, but I love the concept of it, especially the way people could dictate their own pace with some restrictions. After they were making a point to talk up Georgia as a runner, and showing her several times on the treadmill this season, I wouldn't have expected her to go out that way. At least not as sudden as it seemed on there. Then Mattie too, though I'm less surprised. How many people collapsed this episode?

When Hunter was doing that puzzle at the end, and he stopped, I was partly expecting a hilarious "Eureka!" moment and for him to somehow be the only person to figure it out. Turbo and the tire task cracked me up. Not just the technique for when he actually succeeded, but one of his early attempts where he rolled it like a hundred feet past the thing and had to go chasing after it.

Did they have TJ fully explain what's going on with this Tribunal? Are two people actually having an elimination, or are they just voting someone to "do an elimination task" as basically a time penalty?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Holy shit, that final is no joke. Probably easier to run the last 5 finals back to back than this one. Looks pretty unsafe, to be frank. I was stunned when Georgia, who supposedly had the best endurance of any of them, went down in the first lap. I didn't realize Cara Maria had a phobia of medical equipment (like needles), which is weird to me for someone who has so many tattoos. It's all about context, I guess.

Day 2 doesn't look any easier.

I was really excited to see them show the final times. That's a nice improvement. We also now know that there's at least 90 minutes separating first from last. I am a little disappointed that there doesn't seem to be an equalizer in this competition, and Natalie is like an hour behind the third place guy. I'll be surprised if the top 3 aren't Theo-Wes-Turbo in some order, although they might narrow down the gap to something more competitive like they did on the Rivals season where Bananas and Tyler won.

Did they have TJ fully explain what's going on with this Tribunal?
    TJ didn't say what it was, but if it holds form, I have to imagine they're going to pick two people to go against each other to eliminate one. I would guess they'll pick Natalie, since she's fourth, and she'll pick the gimpy, fluid-free Cara Maria. For their sake, I'm hoping it's not a physical challenge.

From a fantasy perspective, I didn't dock anyone points who quit, fell unconscious, or timed out, because just about everyone timed out on multiple things. And that final is stupid brutal, and it looked like it was probably 100 degrees or more.

Scoring:

Standings:
    Byrd 980 2
    Vil 700 2
    Xno Kappa 510 1
    Headspace 385 1
    Moss 235 0
    UFA 50 0

Scoring Notes:
    Wes claims to be in the best shape of his life (10)
    Georgia gets medical on camera (5)
    Georgia medical extraction (10)
    Natalie gets medical on camera (5)
    Turbo crying (10)
    Cara Maria crying due to IV (5)

Overall Contestant Scores:
    Paulie 195 BYRD HOME
    Georgia 155 BYRD HOME
    Hunter 155 HEAD GAME
    Cara Maria 145 BYRD GAME
    Da'Vonne 145 BYRD HOME
    Natalie D. 140 XNO GAME
    Turbo 140 BYRD GAME
    Dee 135 VIL HOME
    Wes 135 VIL GAME
    Theo 130 VIL GAME
    Kyle 115 VIL HOME
    Mattie Lynn 115 XNO HOME
    Nany 115 HEAD HOME
    Bear 95 VIL HOME
    Kam 85 XNO HOME
    Ashley C. 70 XNO HOME
    Jenna 60 MOSS HOME
    Josh 60 BYRD HOME
    Amanda 55 HEAD HOME
    Gus 55 MOSS HOME
    Zahida 55 XNO HOME
    Zach 50 MOSS HOME
    Leroy 35 MOSS HOME
    Morgan 25 MOSS HOME
    Shaleen 25 UFA HOME
    JP 20 VIL HOME
    Julia 20 UFA HOME
    CT 15 MOSS HOME
    Natalie N. 15 HEAD HOME
    Ashley M. 10 XNO HOME
    Chase 5 HEAD HOME
    Liz 5 UFA HOME
    Alan 0 MOSS HOME

BG Level

I wonder if Theo lost the final on the locks, but they often make things like that seem like way longer than they actually were, but I could imagine the day 2 margin wiping out Theo's lead.

All in all, great final and a very good season. In terms of just an actual "competition", it's at least the best in a very long time. However it's weird because I'm left with basically only that to say about that, and I'd feel that way if any of these people won. I guess you could say this was definitively Wes's season if he won, but that day 2 just fucked him up. If some of these notable people (Georgia, Theo, Mattie, Turbo, Bear) pan out regularly in future seasons, this could be a season to look back as big for the franchise, but that's unclear right now how much an impact it'll have.

Some other notes:

I love the Pain Locker.

That elimination "just walk til one of you gives up" is kind of brilliant, but man that would suck.

The river question was worded strangely. Nile is the longest river, but isn't Amazon the "largest"? Whatever. Cara getting there and having to wait... and subsequently lose time after time at Connect Four until Wes seemed like he just wanted a breather was hilarious.

The run/hike/climb in the dunes was really good. They've done the mountain climb/glacier hikes before and this just seemed better.

The eating thing was a decent idea. I don't mind that it wasn't all nasty food/animal organs. I don't care if you don't want to slow down. Eat a fucking banana, dude.

I would expect mixed feelings about the lock thing and an elimination that way no matter where you were overall at that point. I wonder if that was just going to be a 2nd elimination taking it from 7>6 rather than 5>4. Compared to the other legs, that was comparatively brief and really late in the game, but the concept of an elimination based on that leg alone is fine by me.

They ran, the did a whole hiking/climbing thing, had bikes, a water portion, trivia (lol), puzzles, and eating. This was a very good layout and was worth two episodes.

Congrats, Byrd. "You killed it."

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That elimination "just walk til one of you gives up" is kind of brilliant, but man that would suck.
    This elimination really only works in the middle of a grueling final. Otherwise that final goes for many, many hours. Maybe even a day.

The eating thing was a decent idea. I don't mind that it wasn't all nasty food/animal organs. I don't care if you don't want to slow down. Eat a fucking banana, dude.
    At first, I thought Turbo was brilliant, but you're right. Eat a banana. Or all the bananas. Get something in your system and leave the heavy stuff for your nearest competitors.

The river question was worded strangely. Nile is the longest river, but isn't Amazon the "largest"? Whatever. Cara getting there and having to wait... and subsequently lose time after time at Connect Four until Wes seemed like he just wanted a breather was hilarious.
    As a geography trivia buff, this question pissed me off to no end. Amazon is the largest by drainage basin and output volume. Nile is the longest. Those are the three main criteria for judging rivers from a geography standpoint, and by either measure, Amazon is the LARGEST. Terrible question. Didn't end up making a lick of a difference, but still, as a trivia aficionado, that pisses me the fuck off.

All in all, great final and a very good season. In terms of just an actual "competition", it's at least the best in a very long time. However it's weird because I'm left with basically only that to say about that, and I'd feel that way if any of these people won. I guess you could say this was definitively Wes's season if he won, but that day 2 just fucked him up. If some of these notable people (Georgia, Theo, Mattie, Turbo, Bear) pan out regularly in future seasons, this could be a season to look back as big for the franchise, but that's unclear right now how much an impact it'll have.
    This was the best season we've had in a long time. Quality final, most of the episodes having one challenge and one elimination, minimal bullshit unfair twists, no Redemption House, no Mercenaries twist allowing people back in the game, quality rookies. My biggest complaint would be that they should have kept partners, because the final absolutely favored men over women. If you're going to have a single elimination final, you need a gender equalizer.

Fantasy was an utter runaway this year. No idea how I did so well. Blind luck, for the most part, I suppose. Allowing me to draft Cara Maria and Paulie back-to-back was key, and Turbo and Georgia were nice late round picks.

Final Standings:
    Byrd 1095 0
    Vil 775 0
    Xno Kappa 540 0
    Headspace 385 0
    Moss 235 0
    UFA 50 0

Scoring Notes for Final:
    Natalie Ninja wins elimination (15)
    Cara Maria wins trivia challenge (10)
    Natalie puked on camera (5)
    Cara Maria crying upon elimination (5)
    Nataline Ninja gets final participation trophy (10)
    Wes gets third place (25)
    Theo gets second place (50)
    Turbo wins War of the Worlds (100)

Individual Point Standings:
    (note: these don't match those sent out in the spreadsheet as I didn't have the totals tallied up right by individual. Scoring by team was right, though.)
    Turbo 275 BYRD
    Paulie 220 BYRD
    Theo 210 VIL
    Cara Maria 195 BYRD
    Natalie D. 195 XNO
    Wes 185 VIL
    Georgia 180 BYRD
    Hunter 170 HEAD
    Da'Vonne 165 BYRD
    Dee 150 VIL
    Mattie Lynn 125 XNO
    Kyle 115 VIL
    Nany 115 HEAD
    Bear 95 VIL
    Kam 85 XNO
    Ashley C. 70 XNO
    Jenna 60 MOSS
    Josh 60 BYRD
    Amanda 55 HEAD
    Gus 55 MOSS
    Zahida 55 XNO
    Zach 50 MOSS
    Leroy 35 MOSS
    Johnny Bananas 25 HEAD
    Morgan 25 MOSS
    Shaleen 25 UFA
    JP 20 VIL
    Julia 20 UFA
    CT 15 MOSS
    Natalie N. 15 HEAD
    Ashley M. 10 XNO
    Chase 5 HEAD
    Liz 5 UFA
    Alan 0 MOSS

BG Level

Add "having the entire reunion air on the same night" to the list of things that they got right this season that they haven't in recent seasons. Unfortunately, this was just as bad, if not worse, than some of the recent ones. Filming that in London so that there aren't visa issues or whatever was good. For someone that got eliminated 2nd, Bananas got to bring his partner and a date?

While Amanda's point about Gus/Jenna could apply to the reasons why Turbo/Natalie/Hunter get no time, a lot of people that actually may have something to talk about from the halfway point didn't seem to get their fair share. Really it would have been an improvement if they just cut off everyone that got booted pre-individual. Obviously they wouldn't, since that's basically 80% of the source of conflict for Bananas, though I begrudgingly appreciated the guy being against Paulie.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I gave up watching the reunion show years ago. I will concede that putting it all on one night is an improvement.

I do wish they still had a $#!t they Should Have Shown Show - I found those entertaining.

BG Level

I know they did show the hookups they didn't show. All those dropped points that Xno would have had for something that was in the pre-season thing but got completely left off the season.

The reunion was basically the Bananas show for some reason. They should have just had him "host" it if they were going to give him and Leroy as much attention as they did. DaVonne was way too involved too, and I say that as someone that mostly likes her. Wes, Georgia, and Bear got little compared to how big a part of the season they were. Theo was underused the whole season, so no surprise that the only segment I can remember him being really involved in wasn't even about him. Gus probably got more time than Mattie, and that was fighting about some stupid fake fight that he or Josh wanted to stage to get camera time. Maybe I blinked and I missed it, but there was like 0 talk about the final itself, other than Georgia in the ambulance or Cara badmouthing Natalie during the elimination in it.