+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Not sure if I'm playing with randoms it would be best to just sort of do my own thing or follow.
    It's almost always best to stick roughly together. With res and respawns being a thing with your team, splitting up just insures a quit game and an easy target for your enemies. When looting an area, you're best off taking different areas so you can cover more ground and use the ping system to tag anything worth mentioning that you find and won't be using.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

just picked this up, fucking terrible coming over from Overwatch but digging it so far. p easily rocking the best gameplay mechanics of any battle royale but guess that isn't surprising given this is the Titanfall / Modern Warfare boys and not some two bit flea market outfit.

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Finally got around to playing this today. I feel like I'm being thrown to the sharks right away since there doesn't seem to be any skill based matchmaking. Finally got my first win after like 7 games or so. I still have yet to kill anyone. lol

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

there is 0 skill based matchmaking for sure. But I definitely feel like theres a 3-man queue and a solo/duo queue... But yes, you will be fed to the sharks. People who've been playing Battle Royales since PUBG or that other one no one remembers.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Saw a vid going over settings on consoles. I didn't take all of his advice (I'm one of the inverted monsters), but changing the curve to steady and changing the button input to put crouch to the right thumbstick made a huge difference for me. Increasing the FoV is nice as well, had no idea you could do that. That said, my base PS4 had a lot of stuttering at 90 and resulted in a hard crash one time. 80 seems pretty stable though. Overall, I feel like I can respond a lot better now and have more consistent aim. Still getting used to it, I've gotten slide and couch down fine, but if I ever want to melee, then I'm crouching at least once.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Saw a vid going over settings on consoles. I didn't take all of his advice (I'm one of the inverted monsters), but changing the curve to steady and changing the button input to put crouch to the right thumbstick made a huge difference for me. Increasing the FoV is nice as well, had no idea you could do that. That said, my base PS4 had a lot of stuttering at 90 and resulted in a hard crash one time. 80 seems pretty stable though. Overall, I feel like I can respond a lot better now and have more consistent aim. Still getting used to it, I've gotten slide and couch down fine, but if I ever want to melee, then I'm crouching at least once.

Yeah I had to put crouch on the stick because I found myself accidentally meleeing in fights (I think it was super sensitive on the button press there)

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yall need paddles. I have crouch, jump, ability, and pickup/action all set to paddles on my elite controller. My thumbs only come off the joysticks to change weapons or check the map.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I havent heard anything yet, but has anyone heard about when the Battle Pass is supposed to drop?

Also, had my best game today and was with randoms. 7 kills, 18 squad kills, and the win.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Feel like itll come next week now that fortnite just released theirs. Cmonnnn need something to do in this game between dying lol.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I kinda give up on Caustic. In super niche situations, he's great. Cail and I had a teammate last night that was pretty liberal with his gas, and it did him well. But we were caught up in the mix of it all, couldn't see, couldn't move, etc. Shit was rough.

I had a game today where I never saw a soul except for someone tripping one of my barrels early in, teammates rolled up on the final two teams duking it out and got the kills in. I've never felt like such a leach.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah my friends hate me for playing Caustic because they can never see shit. It's really annoying that it obscures teammate vision so much and makes him a liability. Because it's really fun to do the gas traps when you're playing as him.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I may have just been hearing rumors but I think they're making it to where, at least, Caustics traps no longer slow allies. IDK about vision.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Caustic teammates are the most annoying shit in the entire game to me lol.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

We're pretty toxic players tbh.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yeah I want to like caustic but his gas is liable to hurt teammates as much as the enemy. Maybe somewhere near cascades or bridge that you'll fight in large enough houses that they arent more harmful than helpful, but that's a rare occurance. Also his hitbox being bigger but health the same kinda blows. They really gotta rethink the fatties cause they're all underwhelming compared to the other legends.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Gibraltar is p good. Killer is nasty with him

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Another issue with caustic is, you can’t distinguish an enemy gas trap with your allies, i was in a fight that the other squad i didn’t know had a caustic, my friend was caustic, and i casually just ran to jump over his trap and it sprung and started damaging me. Fucking dumb, also Gibralter would be broken as fuck if you were able to shoot through his shield bubble. Right now, him and caustic are just big hitboxes.

To paraphrase darksydephil: “WHY AM I CAUSTIC?!?”

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Lotta people don't know you can shoot the gas traps in the red spot to disable them and get them out of your way. I see so many people getting stuck behind doors and just in general having awful positions due to a caustic in play and it's never the other team suffering, just your own. My gripe's already been mentioned, not being able to tell my own team's traps from someone else's.

Caustic's not total ass, just the cheeks. I despise Gooby though. You'd better win those engagements cause you're big, loud, and obvious anywhere you go. I couldn't help but laugh at my friend when we were sneaking up on someone and all I could hear out of my left ear was "BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZRRRPZZZZ" from his arm shield. I told him, you're like a fucking beacon that tells everyone we've entered the area. Had a couple mis-fires on his dome too which was hilarious. 'HEYYYYYY, WE'RE HEEEERE!!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast