BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Another Eden (PC/Andrioid/IOS)

Didn't see a topic for this yet but just downloaded the game on Android. It's a JRPG from Masato Kato who also worked on Chrono Trigger and there are some familiar aspects in this one. Been quite a bit of fun so far and doesn't seem to feature any need to really pay for anything as the game is basically handing you all the crystals you need for recruiting new characters plus companions that are recruited in the game storyline.

https://en.another-eden.jp/

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I been seeing this on youtube ads and immediately noticed the Frog like character (not cuz he's a frog, but literally..looked and showcased like frog lol.) Since it's not a blatant chinese rip off it seems interesting.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It’s fun. I really like it and I’ve never played a ChronoGame. It doesn’t even feel like it is or should be a gacha game, cause I don’t feel like it is... but it is?

It’s hard for me to explain but it just feels like a 3DS RPG, not at all like a Gacha game, that for some reason has a gacha that you’ll probably forget about after about an hour of playing.

Its basically chrono trigger, a bit more grindy with Gatcha characters that can be added beyond the main cast. Unlocking a characater also unlocks questlines. I am loving it so far. The music is amazing

I'd generally say it's what mobile RPGs should be, give or take stylistic differences. Near the end of current story content, myself, and it's easily been about 30 hours. For a free game, you can't really complain and I felt it worth buying the guaranteed 5* pull for that alone.

Otherwise, I'd say it has some little minor issues here and there, but nothing later patching can't fix. And I guess they'll eventually have events where you can recruit new 5* and have better access to class upgrade materials and such.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    I been seeing this on youtube ads and immediately noticed the Frog like character (not cuz he's a frog, but literally..looked and showcased like frog lol.) Since it's not a blatant chinese rip off it seems interesting.
    his name is even Cyrus lol. there's definitely some inspiration there

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I've been playing it a little each night and so far I've been enjoying it.

The gatcha is downplayed a lot and music is really great. It's grindy but casual, you can really just enjoy the game for what it is.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    his name is even Cyrus lol. there's definitely some inspiration there
    That's cuz one of the writers of Chrono Trigger also did this lol Masato Kato~ same with the composer, Yasunori Mitsuda

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Been going at this game much more recently while FFBE gets itself together. Music and Story are spot on so far. I'm fairly certain this game is carrying the story for Chrono Break especially in the later story elements. The gacha is probably one of the most F2P friendly I've seen as most characters are usable throughout the game. There was mention of porting to Switch as well. We may see them cut out the gacha process for a streamlined B2P process. If you're looking for a good single player RPG on mobile this is definitely up there on my recommended. Also it's free on mobile.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh I'd love it if they cut out the gacha part, but that's only because I'm salty at not pulling a good healer which apparently you "need" later on.

That said, adding my name to the list of people that advocate for it. I'm really enjoying it so far, and quite honestly would happily pay for a Switch version of this.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Oh I'd love it if they cut out the gacha part, but that's only because I'm salty at not pulling a good healer which apparently you "need" later on.

That said, adding my name to the list of people that advocate for it. I'm really enjoying it so far, and quite honestly would happily pay for a Switch version of this.
    Depends on your definition of "need". Currently on JP every story boss except the final one has been cleared with purely story characters. If the guy expanded it and allowed himself to use the free characters you can upgrade to 5* then even that would probably be cleared.

The Healer situation is something I'd consider a major balancing problem, myself. Sure, people can say they've done things with such and such composition, but that doesn't automatically make an enjoyable experience.

To specify, abilities are generally given a mod referenced as S, M, L, XL where you can figure the related effect scales higher the further you go. With Riica as the story healer, she is limited to an S Heal unless you take the time and resources to unlock her 4* version. Here, she gets an M Heal, alongside the various stat boosts the 4* build confers along with raising her level cap to 60. Having not pulled a healer early on, myself, I was pretty much stuck with Riica into the mid-40's when I finally got Pom (and 4* Mariel just the other day). Around that level, you can figure her S heal was doing around 320-350 depending on the gear you've put on her. In terms of random encounters, you'll start finding AoE happy mobs like Rhosts who deal 450-550 AoE and can come in packs of 2. Given the inability to use magic outside of fights, an unlucky encounter can put your team pretty deep in the hole unless you're running 2 healers or have one who can M Heal. You can also figure bosses and horrors are easily doing double the S Heal values at this level, which turns encounters into hoping they don't spam their AoEs. Some fights are scripted so you can sort of predict around this, but they're more in the minority.

But the major issue arises in post-clear content or VH dungeons. Being capped to level 60 means a healer is going to have very low HP, probably 2500 or less. The wall I hit came in the form of VH Cyrus, whose Nirvana Slash could 1-shot my Pom from full HP. Trying to think about it, it's matter of what could I do to prevent that? I could buff defense and physical resistances, or debuff Cyrus. Did I have the appropriate characters to pull that off? At the time, I did not, or would've needed to take a few days leveling someone else on the side. Grinding EXP in this game isn't very fun, especially with how costly abilities are relative to MP pools, and I am 100% not a fan of deliberately stalling fights just so people can recover in the backline. Anyway, the other problem with the 60 cap is you're missing the benefits of a 5*'s stat board, where SPD is very important to guarantee you can act first. Compared to the 5* I do have, after a point in content, the healer is usually acting after every other enemy. You could "waste" a heal thinking you might need it, but in thinking back to AoE Horror spam, sometimes that may not even be enough when they're pooping out 1500+ damage.

Basically, I hate people saying you don't need 5*. You could play a melee in FFXI without using Haste gear and still beat things, but you're just making it harder for yourself. With how the JP update cycle has gone, Riica hasn't even been given a 5* form yet (though will soon). Same for Fienne. At present, Mariel is the only 5* capable healer of the character pool for us, and while her 4* version is just as capable as anyone else, you're going to dread farming the Chant scripts, as I've only managed 1 in dozens of VH runs. But ultimately, this is also reflective of the key system for dungeon access, which really has no place in an otherwise SP game.

Unfortunately, I don't see them changing things between versions and it's still up in the air whether or not we'll get an accelerated content schedule to catch up to JPs. I'll continue to say this isn't a bad game, but it's also not perfect.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Just an FYI in case you're playing this casually, make sure to login and get your 1000 crystals. It's the 2nd anniversary of the game in Japan so they're handing the suckers out like crazy for the next week or so~ You'll also get 100 a day instead of 20

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

well RIP to me, encountered an error where the game refused to download a patch (It would stop at like 99% and trickle to 99.99 before erroring). Tried to get it to work over the course of 3 days on Internet and LTE and in different places and the error kept happening and I could not log in... so I deleted the game and reinstalled it. Well, it worked, game started running again but apparently I never linked my account so its gone. This is news to me cause literally the first thing I do for any game I play is link it to something so I can recover it worst case scenario... I tried to contact support but it requires your ID and for obvious reasons I don't have it.

I was too far into the game with too many side quests done to start from scratch... Its probably not terribly far in the grand scheme of things but I had just reached the "hub" I guess it could be called...

Yeah, you're not super far. Can understand letting it sit for a while, but I'd probably say whenever they add the next major story branch, give it another shot.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I've been playing this all day and I am really enjoying the game. Not a fan of the chibi art style, but the gameplay has me hooked. I've gotten enough in-game currency to purchase two 10-pulls and managed to get the 7th best character (Isuka) on the second.

Aside from the rate of leveling being butt, the main reason I haven't touched this much beyond daily logins is that the rate of currency gain once you complete the game pretty my nosedives into nothing with a slight spike if they release a character episode. Otherwise, the need for characters beyond a core team gets more obvious in this side stuff due to resistances/gimmicks.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Heads up, if you're looking to level consistently, Tower of Stars(Hard) tends to be the best xp/run to do at the moment. It's about 21-26k xp/fight. I bring 2 AOE carry units and clean house.

Still takes forever.