Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Because they aren't his theories, but the Ancient One's? Banner at best was on "the same page" as her. *edit to next post*

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

No before they left he told them the whole what you do in the past can't effect the present. She was the one who was concerned about alternative timelines without the stones and banner theorized that if you put them back then the alternative timelines don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkster View Post
    What I'm wondering is how everyone is so quick to accept Banner's knowledge/theories on Time Travel as an absolute rule yet he couldn't even get the equation correct when testing on Ant-man and he had never time traveled or met anyone who had before.
    Knowing the principles behind time travel and then creating a device to control it are two different things.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

@Milkster
    If you mean the stuff Banner talked about before that scene: educated guess? Some of the stuff in the movie is based on actual real life theories on time travel, so why wouldn't Banner know a little about it in the MCU?

edit: and what Dantrag said above.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkster View Post
    No before they left he told them the whole what you do in the past can't effect the present. She was the one who was concerned about alternative timelines without the stones and banner theorized that if you put them back then the alternative timelines don't exist.
    If they return them to the exact time they took them then nothing can change.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also, Nebula was confirming what he was saying too

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tweeted these a few days ago with some predictions.

https://twitter.com/Demios101/status...550971392?s=19

Enjoyed the the shit out of it. It was a great send-off.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I think you guys underestimate how devastating ashing half of life in the universe is. Everything has to be redone. There is no magic industry that can keep things moving as norm after that. Economies are destroyed, there is not enough labor or expertise to approach anything near what you would have prior to the snap.

And thanos really had a problem with sentient life. If everything is in balance than nothing is expanding beyond carrying capacity. The problem comes when intelligence and sentience make it so you go so hard you destroy your own planet, alas his home world.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I had another thought, too, about this. Thanos gives fuckall about country lines. Iirc we really only saw two countries after the snap in this film (US and Japan). Who's to say the US is even at a 50% reduced population? Quick google search says the US makes up 4.7% of the world population. They could have been sitting at 1% left and Thanos would have had plenty to take from the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    and let me tell you something, I saw a trailer for the lion king, and I’m pretty sure lions can’t talk
    Biggest. Loophole. Evar.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Who was that random kid at tony starks funeral?

Also, can’t wait for GotG3 3: Asgardian Hyjinks

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    um, to be clear, I'm not telling you or anyone else what they should have thought or felt about the movie

I think it's perfectly fine that you and zealot just accepted thanos's shortsightedness much like probably you and I have accepted certain other elements of the story that others find issue with

edit: goes without saying but I feel as I ought to, I appreciate the responses to my opinions and the discussions of others' opinions on the literary aspects of the story, I literally revisit a bunch of the "coolness" of the movie every time I read/respond to things and quite honestly I might enjoy the "thereafter" of discussing people's thoughts on the movie more than the movie itself, lol
    While I appreciate it on an individual level to discuss, these type of conversations has helped to make major moves push the 3 hour mark.

If Hollywood starts thinking we want villain's back stories (which I see a lot, not just from you) so much we're gonna be sitting in 4 hour movies before long, and I gotta pee.

So the least I can do is voice my dissent.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Who was that random kid at tony starks funeral?
    The kid from Iron Man 3.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

off topic but did anyone have back to back different trailers for dark phoenix, the theater i went to did and it was weird

also why do we need another godzilla movie

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Because Gidorah is in it and it's going to be fucking awesome.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

off topic but did anyone have back to back different trailers for dark phoenix, the theater i went to did and it was weird

Because Godzilla is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    While I appreciate it on an individual level to discuss, these type of conversations has helped to make major moves push the 3 hour mark.

If Hollywood starts thinking we want villain's back stories (which I see a lot, not just from you) so much we're gonna be sitting in 4 hour movies before long, and I gotta pee.

So the least I can do is voice my dissent.
    We need straight up villian movies. Not against their super heros or anything, just a straight up against the bad guys type movie

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    We need straight up villian movies. Not against their super heros or anything, just a straight up against the bad guys type movie
    But then people complain that the movies are too dark.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just fucking deal with and go pee.

On one hand you're acting like you don't care about villain backstories. On the other you refuse to miss 2 mins of the movie because you'll miss said backstory.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

This Godzilla movie is going to be HUGE. Like...HUGE AF.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

{Spoilers} Avengers: Endgame - 6Souls Spoils Everything For Everyone

Just got out and I fucking loved it. The whole thing was a beautiful love letter to everything you’ve witnessed the past 10+ years.

- For a minute or two there I thought Ant-Man took a missile to the face lol. My jaw fucking dropped and I had thought others might’ve died too.

- Steve’s hail hydra was fucking hilarious and feels like it was a jab at that story-line in the comics lol.

- The final battle was fucking epic. Easily the greatest large scale battle of any marvel movie.

- Thor and Quill’s back and forth banter on who was the captain of the ship was amazing.

“I am.......Iron Man.” Teared up like a bitch. Captain getting a second chance at the life he never got to have. Beautiful send off.

The debate of whether this or IW was better is dumb as shit. It’s one long ass final story arc slashed in half for two movies.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Oh man for sure I thought ant man got vaporized from that missile. I was freaking out for a hot minute myself...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk