BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Also Captain America went back in time with Thor's hammer but unless I missed it the older Cap didn't bring it back.
    Considering Thor stole it from himself, when Capt went back to put the Reality stone ether back into whatshername, he probably returned the hammer too.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Welp, considering he stole it years before the events of this movie, fits the prequel definition

People over-thinking this movie are going to ruin it. Should know by now to just sit back and enjoy the fucking spectacle of a ride
    Well I meant it's supposed to be a younger Loki with Tom Hiddleston narrating. Unless Marvel has been lying about it to protect Loki's fate from this movie.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Also Captain America went back in time with Thor's hammer but unless I missed it the older Cap didn't bring it back.
    He left it in Asgard for past Thor to use in Thor 2 and beyond

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    The stories coming to a conclusion isn't a good point if the conclusions weren't good. I don't like what they did with Cap. Not only does it have implications for the timeline it's also a reversal of his character development. Maybe the point of them not being able to move on from the snap makes him realize he can't move on from the 40s but that is still a step back for him compared to after Ultron.

Eh. Cap was always a man out of time. His story came full circle and like Tony said, he got a life. It was a proper sendoff for the character.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

He left it in Asgard for past Thor to use in Thor 2 and beyond

Oh that actually makes sense. He brought it back to its original timepoint along with the stones.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Perhaps in his old age Steve couldn’t hold it because he was no longer worthy....ahahahaha j/k we know that will never be the case.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Eh. Cap was always a man out of time. His story came full circle and like Tony said, he got a life. It was a proper sendoff for the character.
    Except at the end of Ultron he says "The guy who wanted all of that went into the ice seventy years ago. A different guy came out."

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Since 5 years passed, is it also safe to assume that not only did Peter Parker get snapped, but all of his notable classmates did too considering they're all in the next Spidey movie? lol

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Except at the end of Ultron he says "The guy who wanted all of that went into the ice seventy years ago. A different guy came out."

Yeah, but then Winter Soldier happened, and then Civil War happened, and then IW 1 and 2 happened and he clearly changed.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh I guess that's set in stone then and he isn't allowed to rethink things based on half the population of the universe being wiped out.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The stories coming to a conclusion isn't a good point if the conclusions weren't good. I don't like what they did with Cap. Not only does it have implications for the timeline it's also a reversal of his character development. Maybe the point of them not being able to move on from the snap makes him realize he can't move on from the 40s but that is still a step back for him compared to after Ultron.

Cap's ending is one of my few nitpicks because it breaks the rules of time travel they established in the film. If they just had him appear back on the time travel portal machine as an old man, it wouldn't be a problem, but him being on the bench at the end doesn't work.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Since 5 years passed, is it also safe to assume that not only did Peter Parker get snapped, but all of his notable classmates did too considering they're all in the next Spidey movie? lol
    There are theories that it's also before IW in the timeline

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I've learned from your ffxi opinions that you just have bad opinions. Feelsbadman.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

There are theories that it's also before IW in the timeline

It's supposed to be the conclusion to the current IW arc isn't it? Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I knew Ant-Man 2 was gonna play a big part of this movie, I didn't think it would have been THIS involved. I have a few friends who haven't seen all the Marvel movies and aren't including it in their "must watch before Endgame" marathons lol

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah, but then Winter Soldier happened, and then Civil War happened, and then IW 1 and 2 happened and he clearly changed.
    Winter Soldier happened before that. And his growth in Civil War was moving past being the symbol of Cap and what it stood for. None of this makes me think he wants to go back in time; only the scene with Peggy

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    They did a great job on wrapping up plot threads and revisiting old characters that I wasn’t expecting. Like I didn’t expect any extended scenes with Rene Russo or Robert Redford, so those were a pleasant surprise. LOL’ed at the Natalie Portman scene, couldn’t figure out if she actually did a five second cameo or they just used B roll footage from Thor 2.

The MARVEL GIRL POWER scene I’m sure is gonna be a talking point but whatever it was hype in the moment.

I liked how, even with wrapping up old storylines, they left the door open for new stories. Like Thor joining the Guardians, the search for Gamora, Loki escaping with the Tesseract, Falcon becoming the new Cap’n, etc

Who was that one kid standing by himself at Tony’s funeral? I didn’t recognize him. Was that supposed to be the kid from Iron Man 3?
    Yeah that was apparently the Iron Man 3 kid.

He wasn't supposed to bring it back. The entire point was for him to bring it back to where it belonged which was during the Dark World time period along with the aether.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I've learned from your ffxi opinions that you just have bad opinions. Feelsbadman.jpg

Gred is right though that Cap at the end was in direct conflict with the time travel rules they established earlier in the film. It's a very fair point to nitpick.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I knew Ant-Man 2 was gonna play a big part of this movie, I didn't think it would have been THIS involved. I have a few friends who haven't seen all the Marvel movies and aren't including it in their "must watch before Endgame" marathons lol
    Eh, you can still get away with out. All you need to know is quantum realm does voodoo time travel magic. Nothing else from the movie is really needed.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Gred is right though that Cap at the end was in direct conflict with the time travel rules they established earlier in the film. It's a very fair point to nitpick.
    Well we don't know yet if there won't be any repercussions from it. The whole fight with Thanos in the present already broke those rules.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Not doing this with you guys right now GOOD NIGHT lol