BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Did anyone check it out? Was at and still at work

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It was mostly fan service and giving a behind the scenes view into processes and their strategy for the MCU. There were a few tidbits tossed out that I noticed. There may be more.

-When Hulk snapped everyone back, he did so in a way so people weren't popping up in dangerous places, IE plummeting out of the sky because they were originally snapped on a plane.

-They have plans to use the Ten Rings or the real Mandarin in the future. Comments took it as confirmation that they'll be the villain in Shang-Chi.

-They love bringing back old characters that fans think they've seen the last of (General Ross and Harley ((IM3 kid)) are given as examples).

-Dodged confirming if Cap was Peggy's husband in the prime timeline.

-Martin Starr played a role in both Incredible Hulk (lab tech) and Spider Man Homecoming (debate coach), Feige confirmed they're the same character.

-More new heroes are in the pipeline. One of his favorite will be one of the newest to release.

-Confirmed that he loved the One-Shots they used to do, but that the Disney+ shows will be taking this purpose over. Also confirmed that those shows will be fully part of the MCU.

-Confirmed that Stan Lee did not get to see Endgame prior to his passing, though he did get the full script.

-Someone suggested Luis (Ant Man) should recap the happenings of IW+Endgame in his typical fashion. Feige mentioned they kinda did this already, though it was him recapping everything in the MCU leading up to Ant Man and the Wasp. They released it when Antman and the Wasp was announced with Michelle Pfeiffer playing Janet. He thought it was released, but it wasn't, it was just shown at SDCC. Someone posted a crappy cam rip (doesn't do it justice, you can see like 1/16th of the screen and the sound is so deafening you can barely hear anything) of it. Feige didn't respond if they'd release it in full, but it may be something we'll get at some point.

-Someone inquired why Jon Favreau was tapped for Iron Man when he had no history of such a movie. Feige said he was one of the best story tellers and that "Elf is a stone cold classic." Comments make it seem like Elf starting the MCU will be a meme before long.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

He also confirmed Cap purposely didn't lift Mjolnir all the way in AoU as a sign of respect to Thor.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That's obviously a retcon though. Whedon definitely didn't plan it that way, it was just a narrative tool to make everyone trust Vision later on.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So I guess that confirms Santa Claus will be a mutant in the upcoming X-Men movies like he is in the comics.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    If you want to ride the high seas thru the entire story arc, you can PM me for a link.
    Legend btw. Dick deep in side story goodness

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I went back through the movie to see what Ant-Man does, and there's adequate time for him to hotwire the controller, let Hope do her thing, Giant-Size, kill the big thing, then shrink back down and turn on the Quantum Tunnel. Problem is, spatially it's uncertain where he is because when you see him T'Challa is running in the opposite direction. So either T'Challa is running a semi-circle or Scott got big, sprinted a ways to take out the big thing, then went back to the van.

The other thing is how did Thanos even know to destroy the van? Because Captain Marvel was flying to it?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Kinda unclear how everyone not only knew to play "keep away" but also where the "goal" was. Like Spiderman webslinging in without any high buildings to grab hold off.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    Kinda unclear how everyone not only knew to play "keep away" but also where the "goal" was. Like Spiderman webslinging in without any high buildings to grab hold off.

Didn’t Spider-Man explain that Dr. Strange gave them a heads up of what was going on when they got unsnapped?

The webslinging is whatever. Shit has always been a question mark where he slings from sometimes lol.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They've brought it up in the comics before too.

Can't remember the specific issue but he drops down on a webline while some people are on a roof, and after leaving one of them wonders if he was hanging off a cloud since there was no taller buildings nearby

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

fucking nerds

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Endgame writers Markus & McFeely at SDCC revealed a plot point that was ultimately nixed from the film. Originally, 2014 Thanos would travel to Earth and destroy it before time jumping to the present day Avengers compound for the final battle. He would emerge from a portal where a destroyed 2014 earth could be seen behind him. He would have been holding something in his hand, and when he approached present day Cap’n, it was revealed the item in his hand was the severed head of 2014 Steve Rogers. Ultimately the idea was dropped because the writers couldn’t figure how to segue the scene properly into the third act, and not for reasons of being too dark for PG-13. They said they could have made it work in that aspect.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post

Wasn't there shit floating everywhere on Titan cuz of the weird gravity? Not hard to imagine him flying off more debris after the Thanos fight.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Endgame writers Markus & McFeely at SDCC revealed a plot point that was ultimately nixed from the film. Originally, 2014 Thanos would travel to Earth and destroy it before time jumping to the present day Avengers compound for the final battle. He would emerge from a portal where a destroyed 2014 earth could be seen behind him. He would have been holding something in his hand, and when he approached present day Cap’n, it was revealed the item in his hand was the severed head of 2014 Steve Rogers. Ultimately the idea was dropped because the writers couldn’t figure how to segue the scene properly into the third act, and not for reasons of being too dark for PG-13. They said they could have made it work in that aspect.
    Wat? Gotta go tiny and in to the Quantum Realm to time jump. Not like they can space stone or Dr Strange portal thru time.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    Wat? Gotta go tiny and in to the Quantum Realm to time jump. Not like they can space stone or Dr Strange portal thru time.

As a writer;
    Step 1. Come up with general plot.
    Step 2. Come up with super cool ideas and set pieces
    Step 3. If super cool set pieces dont mesh with plot, discard them.

Sounds like that's just what they did.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    As a writer;
    Step 1. Come up with general plot.
    Step 2. Come up with super cool ideas and set pieces
    Step 3. If super cool set pieces dont mesh with plot, discard them.

Sounds like that's just what they did.
    Obviously. Just that I read it and was like "wait wat?" Activated comic book guy mode.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The question of what happened to Gamora has been somewhat answered via a deleted scene from the Blu-Ray release. Following Tony’s death, several of the heroes are shown kneeling in respect for his sacrifice. During this scene, Gamora is shown looking back at the others before sneaking away. So, at least we know she has not been snapped away as some theorized.

of course she wasnt snapped away lol, who thought that

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

A lot of people.

Obviously from a storytelling POV they wouldn't kill her again. But from Tony's POV he could have have just snapped everyone who arrived with Thanos.