+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I think she stole the extra vials Tony and Steve grabbed from Pym, then went back and gave them to Thanos offscreen.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

First of all Thor in this movie is totally me from 2-3 years from now.

Fuck the haters, Brie was fine AF

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Just got back from this, loved it so much.

There was 4 times where Theater lost their shit, when scarlet witch confronted thanos, cap america god of thunder, everyone showed up and again when marvel showed up. I can already predict gonna be some haters over that girlpower moment, but I'm all for this, like yassss give me more!

I'm definitely gonna see it again.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Joe and Anthony Russo were signing autographs for people who went to the 22-movie marathon in Hollywood but some randos rushed the fence trying to get selfies with them in the background so security yanked them. Later we saw their car being chased by people.

Fucking crazy

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Azat View Post
    I can already predict gonna be some haters over that girlpower moment, but I'm all for this, like yassss give me more!
    That and omg a black guy is Captain America now!! rabble rabble rabble!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Oh man marvel got so much shit when comics did it couple years ago. They eventually had to backpeddle and write Rogers back in again.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I thought Bucky might get the Shield. I'm fine with Sam getting it though.

I'm excited and curious for the future. After Spiderman: FFH we dont know any of the movies to come next

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I thought Bucky might get the Shield. I'm fine with Sam getting it though.

I'm excited and curious for the future. After Spiderman: FFH we dont know any of the movies to come next
    Wasn't panther 2 already confirmed? or am i mistaken?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Wasn't panther 2 already confirmed? or am i mistaken?
    Theres no release dates for anything past FFH. I believe there's a BP2, GotG3, Strange2, Black Widow movies all in the making, plus some more than I dont know much of.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Black Widow, Black Panther 2,Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, and Doctor Strange 2 were allegedly suppose to wrap up phase4. However gotg3 has been pushed back a couple years. Only thing we know about Phase 5 atm is The Eternals and Shang-chi, both of which are in very early pre-production.

So one thing that's really bothering me is why Old Steve is part of the same timeline as everyone else

- The movie sets the ground rule that changing the past creates a new timeline branch
    - They bring all gems in the past to prevent that
    - But then Steve stays in the past, marries Peggy and that is definitely going to create a new branch
    - So why doesn't Old Steve go on living in this new timeline, and he's instead able to meet Bucky and Sam again?

Also, people have been discussing if Steve basically overwrites Peggy's old marriage event (erasing her kids from history) or if he was her husband all along in a sort of timetravel loop

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I loved it. I loved every second.

Perfect movie.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    So one thing that's really bothering me is why Old Steve is part of the same timeline as everyone else

- The movie sets the ground rule that changing the past creates a new timeline branch
    - They bring all gems in the past to prevent that
    - But then Steve stays in the past, marries Peggy and that is definitely going to create a new branch
    - So why doesn't Old Steve go on living in this new timeline, and he's instead able to meet Bucky and Sam again?

Also, people have been discussing if Steve basically overwrites Peggy's old marriage event (erasing her kids from history) or if he was her husband all along in a sort of timetravel loop
    It bugged me too and in order to be able to sleep I choose to believe a wizard did it.

However best not to think about it too much, will be endless debates/arguments/nerd rages until we see some post endgame canon and if/when there's gonna be retcons galore.

Also, I think that the scene with Lang getting all sorts of ages wasn't just for comedy, or to set up Stark

They usually carefully plan their hints and that scene showed it's possible to alter a single person's "time", making him older or younger. I have a feeling that depending on the negative backlash and fan demand they get, they might bring Cap back without rewriting his ending

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They never address branching timelines EXCEPT to say that the infinity stones stabilize time and that removing an infinity stone from the timeline causes a branch (thus why Banner Prime's reality would be fixed but Ancient One Past's reality could be darker for it). Returning it at the correct moment prevents this branch, so, as long as they win, they have ample time to come back at the right moment there's no alternate realities.

In other words, time travel doesn't result in multiverse theory. However the question is how the timeline is altered by changes to the past. They handwave away problems like time paradoxes etc. when they discuss time travel movies, but not the basic issue that their actions in the past have consequences.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Honestly I'm kinda upset about it. I really wanted Bucky to get it, he's even super soldier too. Sam is just so vanilla.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

It's also possible future captain America was always Peggy's husband; they never show who he is. I dont think that's needed to close any loops though. He could also have lived a life in the new time line and jumped back at the end of his life.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    It's also possible future captain America was always Peggy's husband; they never show who he is. I dont think that's needed to close any loops though. He could also have lived a life in the new time line and jumped back at the end of his life.

Agent Carter strongly implies he is not, and if that's true then it has the whole circular cause problem with time travel

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Not if there's no free will in the universe

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

And just like how Dr. Strange didn't want to tell Tony the future, no one who new future captain was back in time would want to allude to it to a soul.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast