FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

The game being so heavy on death is what's interesting to me. I like the lore of the game so far. If you're looking for a happy-go-lucky action RPG than yeah, you're going to be in for a bit of a surprise. Especially with what you do at the very beginning of the game lol

The game has a demo, so if you're on the fence you can always try it out first

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, lore is pretty interesting, some of the mechanics are enjoyable (the skill trees plus memories scratch some good itch), but then the battle system and overall gameplay feels stiff and clunky and something felt off about the overall story and world presentation... Once again I'm very mixed after playing the demo.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Okay, so, I've put about 25 hours into the game and I think I'm 3/4ths the way done with the story.

The story does kind of fall apart a little bit. Plot points/character backgrounds don't really marinade for long enough and just finish up too quickly. The stories of your daemons, which are also your weapons, are pretty interesting though and I can see how some people might not like how it's just a white background with them describing how they died is a little boring, but I like it

Gameplay wise, I think it's really great. The demo doesn't really do it any justice because you only get the sword and spear daemons. The way you do shit with every weapon is different. For instance, the spear follows mario RPG laws and does extra damage if you hit the attack button just before landing an attack. The fist weapon spawn orbs and the more orbs you have the more perks you get with attacks. Or the scythe does extra damage or status effects if you attack from the rear/side. I read a review that was saying the gun is the best cuz it's ranged but I would disagree completely. I'm destroying the hell outta shit with the spear. There is a bit of recovery time between using skills and attacking so once you get a weapon, look for the skill on the tree that makes it so you can attack or dodge after using a skill to make combat more fluid.

There's not a NG+ but the post-game is a 100+ floor dungeon and you get legendary weapons that can drop. Seems kinda like a Diablo-lite type of system

Overall, it's probably the best RPG from the studio. I lost interest in I am Setsuna halfway through and Lost Sphere didn't look terribly different from Setsuna so I never tried it. But I'm really enjoying this one

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    I lost interest in I am Setsuna halfway through and Lost Sphere didn't look terribly different from Setsuna so I never tried it. But I'm really enjoying this one
    I will say Lost Sphere probably has the best interpretation of the Chrono battle system.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Picked this up the other day, enjoying it so far. Kind of like a nice mash up between a Musou game and a FF game. I got it on PS4 though and kind of wish I waited a little longer and got it on Switch instead, tons of save points, auto-save, etc, would have been a good play on the go game.