+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If you’re consistently winning you get 8-10 Dynite Ore per fight; it really adds up and the ability patch is definitely not out of reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the Gen 3 starters more popular than the Gen 2 ones? The gen 3 choice seems odd to me but maybe I’m ignorant to the starter popularity hierarchy

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

If they were deciding based on popularity, they would have gone with Gen 6 solely because of Greninja. I know there are some who think the next games announced are going to be Let's Go remakes of Gen 2, so that could be an argument against (or in favor, depending on your perspective) of bringing them back. Gen 3 does feel like one of the more favored generations though -- they had mega evolutions and 2/3 were featured in Pokken.

As far as competitive viability, next to the Gen 1 starters and Incineroar, Blaziken is one of the more used starters (not widely used though and how much of that is due to having a mega evolution..). Maybe not at the highest levels, but I could see Sceptile getting some use now thanks to the dynamic speed changes.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just caught my first Gmax poke. Gengar

Didn't even know an event was going on lol

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I just got a shiny lvl 100 Uxie from surprise trade. From one of those website ad pokemon names.

Wtf

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Series 7 rules for those who play ranked:
    https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-n...ts-november-1/

Pokémon need to have either the Galar symbol—showing that they were caught, received, or hatched in the Galar region—or the battle-ready symbol, showing that they were transferred from another game and adapted to battles in the Galar region.

All Pokémon from the Galar Pokédex, the Isle of Armor Pokédex, and the Crown Tundra Pokédex as well as certain other Pokémon are permitted except for Mythical Pokémon and certain Legendary Pokémon.

Pokémon with the Gigantamax Factor are permitted.

All Pokémon will be set to Lv. 50, including Pokémon below Lv. 50.

Duplicate Pokémon are not allowed.

Duplicate held items are not allowed.
    Players may use Pokémon with the following Pokédex numbers, provided the Pokémon were obtained in Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield or were received at an official event or distribution.
    o Galar Pokédex numbers:
    ▪ #001–397
    o Isle of Armor Pokédex numbers:
    ▪ #001–210
    o Crown Tundra Pokédex numbers:
    ▪ #001–209
    o National Pokédex numbers:
    ▪ #243–245 ▪ #252–260 ▪ #380–381
    ▪ #480–482 ▪ #485 ▪ #488
    ▪ #638–642 ▪ #645 ▪ #722–730
    ▪ #785–788 ▪ #793–799 ▪ #803–806
    Really wish they'd just give the national dex numbers for everything..

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I just got a shiny lvl 100 Uxie from surprise trade. From one of those website ad pokemon names.

Wtf
    People send out hacked pokemon and then they get passed around as people don't want to hold onto them. If I'm not mistaken, there are a fair number of checks to prevent hacked pokemon from being used online, but if you're just collecting, it probably does no harm.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ah.

Well I have no real plans for fighting competitively so i'll just stick it in my legendary box and leave it there

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

So pokemon that are brought from a Gen 4 or earlier game are causing problems if you try to use an ability patch on them. People are reporting getting messages that there are problems with these pokemon when trying to use them in online activities. Hidden abilities didn't exist till Gen 5, so the running theory is that the ability patches are breaking something in the code.

Just something to be aware of if you have a favorite you've been bringing forward generation to generation.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Will update with the official news in the morning when it goes up (if I remember..), but the max raids have changed to a bunch of spooky pokemon for Halloween with shiny Gourgeist being an option.

I can't remember if it was possible to get multiple Cofagrigus in game or not, so might be worth snagging a couple of those.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Cofagrigus is just from level up, if you mean Unovan Yamask then yeah you can get more from breeding with the Yamask/Cofagrigus holding an everstone.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I keep forgetting that mechanic exists.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Final pikachu hat code was released so here's the full list:

P1KACHUGET
    1CH00SEY0U
    P1KAADVANCE
    V0LTTACKLEP1KA
    P1KABESTW1SH
    KAL0SP1KA
    ULTRAP1KA
    K1NP1KA1855

You have until November 30th to claim them.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I dont know what to do with all these pikachus but I want them

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Finally caught all the gen 3 starters with their HAs, so if anyone wants one, let me know.

I stand by that a policy Sceptile with unburden has potential. Even if it's modest with no speed investment, it outspeeds max speed Regieleki (and if you're running max speed Regieleki, you're doing something wrong..). And you've got something really fast to set up the sea of fire or swamp.

The fact that its move pool is so physical is disappointing though..

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Managed to get my second shiny legendary. Xerneas is no joke, I feel like 3/4 of my wins were close and I lost a lot.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Wish I had that luck.. I've got six more legendaries to catch (three of which I'm saving to farm for shinies) and I've only gotten one shiny out of all my adventures so far.

Season 12 started and the rewards got announced -- they've added 30 dynite ore for hitting master ball, so yay..? Was really hoping an ability patch would be one of the rewards.

On the topic of season 12.. fucking ultra beasts >.>;

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I haven't tried the expansions but I heard they are really good, are they worth the money? I thought the base game was okay, but it was missing some of my favorite Pokemon.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I thought Isle of Armor was mediocre but there is so much to do in the Crown Tundra.

Incidentally I haven’t tried this myself but if you want to target a specific legendary there’s a code list that might be worth trying out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonSwor...&utm_term=link

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm still playing through the main game. I know the expansions scale with your badges. Is it worth dabbling in them while I do the main story or better to just wait?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The storylines in both are pretty mediocre, but Crown Tundra has so much stuff to do, I don't mind. From a competitive perspective, I like how they shake up the metas, but I'd like to reiterate my hatred of the ultra beasts.

Does Crown Tundra scale? I saw someone mention that it takes like an hour and a half to get to the dynamax adventure and start acquiring level 70 pokemon, so at a minimum, the dynamax adventures do not.

Regardless, I would recommend saving the expansions till you finish the main story because the main story does not scale. I struggled to keep my team low enough level that the gym leaders/final fights had any semblance of a challenge. If you don't care about the difficulty though, just ignore that.