+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

This one should be enough, I can just use a ditto to get a female to start working on breeding.

Ridill
    BG Level

My 1IV shiny Toxapex. And the rest of my mono non-legendary teams I’ve begun to assemble... for some reason.
    Water team went out of date once they introduced horsea and Marill back into the game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Next online competition was announced -- it's a single battle (wut??) where you can only use pokemon in the Isle of Armor pokedex. Have to register before the 23rd, battles run from the 24th to 26th, and the reward is 50 BP (where's my Masterball Guy shirt, cowards???).
    https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-n...e-competition/

Also, VGC 2020 regional qualifiers start tonight.
    https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-poke...cup/streaming/

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Switch News says there's a new distribution until the 19th -- a handful of sea pokemon (Kingler, Mantine, Sharpedo, Wailord, Jellicent, and Pyukumuku). And there's a higher chance of encountering a shiny Wailord.

Ridill
    BG Level

Why would you bring a storm drain gastradon to a fire type max raid when all your allies have chosen water types? Luckily it wasn’t something hard/special

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Maybe someone loves Gastrodon and was sad that it is pretty much useless now that Rillaboom is dominating the meta?

Ridill
    BG Level

Grassy Surge really making that much of a difference?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Grassy surge on its own, no, but grassy surge + grassy glide pushed Rillaboom into the most used pokemon on the ladder. Half my team is weak to water so I was running a Gastrodon with no offensive investment and a rindo berry, and one grassy glide left it with like 30 hp.

Ridill
    BG Level

Oh. Didn't know that was a move until now. Haven't gotten the dlc.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

August's max raid distribution is water and ground types with Dreadnaw and Sadaconda as the featured g-maxes.

I really thought they were going to make the Swords of Justice available since they made them eligible for online play in series 5, but we're halfway through the series and still nothing. One of the reasons I've really liked competitive this generation is because every pokemon has been, more or less, available to every player. There are some that have been a little harder to get (like the gen 7 starters), but there wasn't anything like previous legendaries that are unavailable in gen and typically hard to come by.

The swords aren't as dominant as people were expecting, but I still hate Terrakion..

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I kinda thought they'd have some old legendaries in the DLC but I guess it's gonna end up being the 2nd half in November or whenever since that will have the new regies and galar form birds.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

One of the trailers featured a bunch of legendaries in max raids, and I think all the ones not currently able to be transferred are planned to be added. It's just annoying since Cobalion and Terrakion (and Virizion, but lol..) are the only three not easily accessible comp mons.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Pikachu event!

Until August 9 at 5pm PDT, Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu, an Alolan Raichu may appear in max raids and there is a chance of shiny Pikachus.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Final episode:

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

There's a shiny amoonguss available with code TRA1NERSCUP. According to serebii, it's only available for a short time (until August 10 at 14:59 UTC (10:59 EDT)). It's based on a player's from the 2019 championship, so it comes with its HA and a focus sash and has the same moves, nature, IVs, and EVs as theirs.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Huzzah! Now I get to be part of the problem!
    Spoiler: show

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Rules for Series 6 were announced, and they're adding a ban list. The current list will run from Sept 1-30th (next month will presumably feature a new list).

Banned pokemon: Venusaur, Gyarados, Porygon2, Tyranitar, Torkoal, Hippowdon, Magnezone, Togekiss, Excadrill, Whimsicott, Incineroar, Mimikyu, Rillaboom, Cinderace, Indeedee, Dragapult (as well as the legendaries you already can't bring to ranked matches).

I'm usually not a fan of ban lists, and this is no exception. 1/3 of my current team is on that list (one of the mons being an easy-ish replacement), so that's a bummer.. ..but not as big a bummer as 2/3 of the team I was tinkering with in casual for next month being on the list though >.>;

It looks like a ton of the meta picks (plus Mimikyu and Hippowdon..?) made the list, but a few major exceptions avoided bans. Porygon 2 has kinda taken Dusclops' place as top trick room setter, so its omission kinda makes sense, but I'm really shocked Amoongus didn't make the list. I think Urshifu is the best late game mon, so I'm surprised it didn't get included (although that might be due to its role in the DLC..). Togekiss and Indeedee being on the list means Clefairy (and Clefable, I guess) is the only follow me user left, which is kinda huge. Really hope this doesn't mean there's going to be a lot more ally switch next series. Also opens the door for beat up shenanigans. Two of the biggest weather-setters are out, so rain teams are looking really strong. In the same vein, electric terrain + rising voltage is looking really nice. Speaking of terrain, Rillaboom pretty much single-handedly shutdown Gastrodon, so expecting to see it return next month. Arcanine will probably return to prominence as well with Incineroar out. Talonflame's also in a good spot now that Whimsicott and Tyranitar are out.

Of everything on the list, I think Dragapult is the biggest deal. For the most part, everything else on that list typically filled a specific role (maybe not Togekiss), but Dragapult was really versatile. It's obviously super offensive (and even there, you could run physical or special), but it could also do a lot of support/enabling thanks to its speed and its immunity to fake out. And because of all that, you could never be totally sure what you were up against -- the team I was working on for next season was built around tricking people with an offensive Dragapult paired with a support Cobalion.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

New month, so new distribution -- this time it's electric and grass types with Toxtricity and Flapple/Appletun as the featured g-max pokemon. Boltund is also featured, so I'm curious if it can come with its HA.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Special distribution for a few days featuring pokemon that evolve by either a sun stone or moon stone.

Can also catch a shiny Clefable.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

How do the distributions work? Sorry am noob.