FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I think around E3 time we'll probably have a better idea of what things will be finalized related to the game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Tiny, tiny, tiny bit disappointed that so far it doesn't show Pokemon following you. I know a few of you don't see it as a big thing but I like it. still got time I know.
    I don't think the let's go games showed pokemon following you in the initial trailer/screenshots either but I'm not gonna hold my breath at this point.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    This will be the last try for me with Pokemon games, lets see if its really only for 3 year olds or they actually care somewhat about their older fans. I'll get the water starter but here is to hoping they try to change things up for the better.
    The same old formula is printing a hell of a lot of money for them still. I wouldn't expect much to deviate

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I mean I don't understand what sort of adult deviations you want.

Pokemon is very much like Smash. There is a low barrier to entry, but a very high ceiling.

The storyline will never be hard or challenging, but serious competitive Pokemon battling is actually quite complicated. Beyond the egg grinding to get perfect IVs with correct natures and egg moves, builds rely on running a lot of crunching to find optimal EV spreads that deal/survive very precise amounts of damage. Team composition is quite complicated because high level Pokemon involves a lot of switching so you need to build damage resistance synergy. There's a lot of prediction involved because you have to anticipate switching.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    I mean I don't understand what sort of adult deviations you want.

Pokemon is very much like Smash. There is a low barrier to entry, but a very high ceiling.

The storyline will never be hard or challenging, but serious competitive Pokemon battling is actually quite complicated. Beyond the egg grinding to get perfect IVs with correct natures and egg moves, builds rely on running a lot of crunching to find optimal EV spreads that deal/survive very precise amounts of damage. Team composition is quite complicated because high level Pokemon involves a lot of switching so you need to build damage resistance synergy. There's a lot of prediction involved because you have to anticipate switching.
    Not everyone enjoys the PVP of the game, it involves annoying chores to even gain entry such as EV/IV grinds or a stat generator online and then afterwards its a rock paper scissors with the current generation meta, never had any interest for it.

I'm speaking in terms of actual gameplay, I'd like to see them at least add a difficulty option like in White/Black but one that actually matters. Perhaps they could make the trainers as hard as the end-game battle plaza's ones that are in various games. I also didn't like a lot of the changes in the Lets' GO series, so my opinion is based on that as well.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Is it bad the Pillar Man theme came to mind?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Not everyone enjoys the PVP of the game, it involves annoying chores to even gain entry such as EV/IV grinds or a stat generator online and then afterwards its a rock paper scissors with the current generation meta, never had any interest for it.

I'm speaking in terms of actual gameplay, I'd like to see them at least add a difficulty option like in White/Black but one that actually matters. Perhaps they could make the trainers as hard as the end-game battle plaza's ones that are in various games. I also didn't like a lot of the changes in the Lets' GO series, so my opinion is based on that as well.

Can tell just from the initial trailer that a majority of the let's go bullshit won't be in this one since it's mainline

Ridill
    BG Level

BG Level

I am loving these trainer memes. I have no clue how it started but they're a good quick laugh.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Perhaps they could make the trainers as hard as the end-game battle plaza's ones that are in various games.
    You realize that is basically forcing the competitive PVP meta on the entire game right? Battle Tower trainers are hard because they all have full IV Pokemon with full EV spreads and they use competitive meta sets.

The only difference is that as AI, the computer doesn't make good use of defensive synergy switching, which is the answer to your rock paper scissors criticism. Pokemon is all about making the right switches to absorb a predicted attack, then using the right move the next turn (predicting either the opponent switching or staying in or using Protect)

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The problem is that try hards ruin every game ever, and losing sleep or enjoyment over it isnt worth it. Just play your game and let try hards be try hard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I am loving these trainer memes. I have no clue how it started but they're a good quick laugh.
    Same, can't wait for them to continue once we see more of the games lol.

Ridill
    BG Level

I dont think it would be too difficult to include a hard mode to the game. It still wouldn't make the crazy people happy, but it sure would make me happy.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

A hard mode would be nice for people that want it, but I honestly just want to be able to skip cutscenes/lots of talking if they still insist on having so much tutorial in the games. That would have helped out greatly in sun/moon. I am not really sure they would have been able to have some option to skip the tutorial entirely, since it took up so much of that first island (maybe more? been a while since I played them), but just anything to get through it faster would have been nice.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    A hard mode would be nice for people that want it, but I honestly just want to be able to skip cutscenes/lots of talking if they still insist on having so much tutorial in the games. That would have helped out greatly in sun/moon. I am not really sure they would have been able to have some option to skip the tutorial entirely, since it took up so much of that first island (maybe more? been a while since I played them), but just anything to get through it faster would have been nice.
    This a million times. I don't give a crap about hard mode or w/e people think they want I just don't want to have an npc literally holding your hand the entire game the way Sun/Moon and to a lesser extent X/Y did. At least give us the option to turn off the permanent tutorial mode if they insist on making sure no 5 year old gets lost for 10 seconds. Which honestly is kinda insulting to even the youngest players.

Ridill
    BG Level

Jessica Nigri cosplay. No nudity, but its Jessica Nigri, so you should know what to expect.
    Spoiler: show

BG Level

How the hell do these people manage this stuff so fast?

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I mean it's not an actual costume. She just took a bikini and put it with generic bunnygirl costume accessories.