+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Bringing back all those GMax Pokemon, wonder why they haven't introduced Melmetal yet.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

June 17 for the first expansion.

Lots more info available here:
    https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-u...isle-of-armor/

Official info about the max raid distribution:
    Amazing Gigantamax Pokémon are taking over dens in the Wild Area in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield! From Monday, June 1, at 5:00 p.m. PDT until Monday, June 29, at 4:59 p.m. PDT, many different Gigantamax Pokémon will be appearing for you to encounter in Max Raid Battles! Snorlax will show up in dens in both games, and the other Gigantamax Pokémon that will appear will depend on which version of the game you're playing.

Gigantamax Pokémon that will appear only in Pokémon Sword:
    Gengar, Kingler, Lapras, Garbodor, Corviknight, Appletun, Amped Form Toxtricity, Centiskorch, Grimmsnarl, Alcremie, and Duraludon

Gigantamax Pokémon that will appear only in Pokémon Shield:
    Charizard, Butterfree, Machamp, Orbeetle, Drednaw, Coalossal, Flapple, Sandaconda, Low Key Form Toxtricity, Hatterene, and Copperajah
    https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-n...okemon-shield/

if you've transferred one or more Pokémon from Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield to the Nintendo Switch version of Pokémon HOME, you'll be able to receive a Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble with Hidden Abilities as Mystery Gifts in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME.
    https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-n...-pokemon-home/

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I thought lore wise Legendary Pokemon were one of a kind? Interesting seeing them put the birds with alternate forms, they look a little lame though imo.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

In some cases I think that's true, but I don't know if it has ever been explicitly stated to be that way for every legendary pokemon.

Also, I don't recall seeing this on the website, but they're apparently introducing an item that will, if I'm reading the statement correctly, allow any pokemon to g-max (assuming it has a g-max form). If true, it's pretty huge for competitive since it opens up egg moves to g-max pokemon.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Better look at Regieleki, Regidrago, and the Galarian bird trio.

For a few years the assumption was that all legendaries were one-of-a-kind, but the anime put a stop to that by season 2 with an episode featuring a mother/child Lugia pair. After that, when league/frontier competitors started showing up to tourneys with them, folks' dialogue really started changing to things like, "It's really cool you caught a Darkrai," versus, "I can't believe I got to meet Darkrai." By Gen V of the games, they'd distinguished the Mythical Pokemon subset of legendaries as decidedly "rarer" than the lesser legendary trios; but, it's pretty safe to assume most version mascots, especially those of the Gen IV ilk who are literal gods, are supposed to be one-of-a-kind.

The new recycle and rare soup content was teased around 46-49 seconds into the above trailer. Max Soup is the item that grants a mon the ability to G-Max if it's a capable species but couldn't innately.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Regis getting new types but no love for a new eeveelotion

Ridill
    BG Level

If theory holds, there won't be any more new Eevee unless they make another new type. All Eevees are basically "nonphysical element type/magic however you want to say it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

How do you figure? Ice, water, and grass are pretty tangible.

Ridill
    BG Level

classic elements. Didn't say it was perfect just that it makes ense in an obscure way and could help explain why they haven't added any new Eevee, the last being fairy, which was done at the same time the type was added to the game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I feel rock or ground should be included in that as well (and flying for wind/air?), but I see what you're saying.

Although, they've been released a new one every even generation (Umbreon and Espeon in Gen 2, Glaceon and Leafeon in Gen 4, and Sylveon in Gen 6), so it is a little surprising there wasn't a new one this generation. A steel Eevee would have fit the UK setting pretty well too. There aren't a ton of pure steel types either, if I'm not mistaken.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Just watched a video and Libero works exactly as many feared. Cinderace with Four STAB moves is so amazingly broken and it has some solid defensive potential as long as it outspeeds everything else on the field (hi2u tailwind or max air).

Ridill
    BG Level

It's nothing new. It's good, but Protean's been in the games awhile now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, you probably remember that before Gen IV brought a proper split for Physical & Special moves, it was the move's Type that completely dictated the kind of damage it dealt.

So in Gen I-III, every move of these Types dealt Special damage:
    • Water
    • Grass
    • Fire
    • Ice
    • Electric
    • Psychic
    • Dragon
    • Dark

With D/P, all the "Special" Types but Dragon had received a corresponding Eeveelution.
    The expectation for awhile was that Dragon would be obviously next.

Then Gen V had no new ones, and Gen VI introduced Fairy and Sylveon.
    So I don't know if we'll ever see another.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Third pre-Isle of Armor distribution has started - Galarian Corsola with Cursed Body and a bunch of evolution items (Sweet Apple, Tart Apple, Chipped Pot, Cracked Pot, Whipped Dream and Sachet).

Ridill
    BG Level

Edit; mentioned earlier in thread.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Final two mystery gifts are available (HA Galarian Meowth and 50 Big Nuggets and 100 EXP Candy L). Believe it runs until the DLC release next week.

Also, registration for the next international competition is up which will run at the end of the month. This one only rewards 50 BP though (boo!).

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I'll believe it when I see it, but that site is claiming the DLC has level scaling.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

They're doing something tomorrow morning. Not sure what it's about..