+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Or, you know, just get lucky like I did and get a 5 IV Ditto on your third attempt.

In which case you can then spend all your watts failing to catch hidden ability pokemon~

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

It took me I think 10 or so to get a 5er which I used until my friend gave me a 6. Still trying to trade up for a foreign 6 but the trade channels are pretty devoid of foreign players. Breeding is damn addictive. Something about surprise trading boxes full of shit and seeing what you get is fun to me. I've gotten lucky and paired with other breeders sending out their failures that are 4-5iv that works great for if I decide I want one.

And then there's that asshole that just sends Magikarps all day.

Ridill
    BG Level

Ugh. Thought maybe I could enjoy the breeding part of the game even if I hated the rest, but these max raids are so idiotic.

Dropping wishing stars in the supposed ditto den, did 4 so far, but no max raid, or any ditto in sight so far. I haven't resorted to exploiting the save exploit to reroll, but I'm stuck at the moment because I got a 5 star turtle and I just cannot even come close to beating it. The AI team they give you is just so idiotic and the team ends up dying most the time before I can even get my 3rd turn. Doesn't matter that I could solo the turtle myself, I lose so quick thanks to idiotic AI choices. Fucking Gamefreak. And no, I dont pay for their online, so that's not an option for me.

Changing the day in settings doesnt reset raids either apparently. I read it has to be the actual time the changes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Ugh. Thought maybe I could enjoy the breeding part of the game even if I hated the rest, but these max raids are so idiotic.

Dropping wishing stars in the supposed ditto den, did 4 so far, but no max raid, or any ditto in sight so far. I haven't resorted to exploiting the save exploit to reroll, but I'm stuck at the moment because I got a 5 star turtle and I just cannot even come close to beating it. The AI team they give you is just so idiotic and the team ends up dying most the time before I can even get my 3rd turn. Doesn't matter that I could solo the turtle myself, I lose so quick thanks to idiotic AI choices. Fucking Gamefreak. And no, I dont pay for their online, so that's not an option for me.

Changing the day in settings doesnt reset raids either apparently. I read it has to be the actual time the changes.
    I would assume someone has actual raid spawn rates posted somewhere, but judging from my experience, I would say it's likely around 1 in 10 of getting the max raid ditto battle. So, if you've only tried 4 times, then that's not nearly enough. As for solo'ing the raid, your best chance is to have a Lv100 pokemon most likely and just keep trying until you get one of the better AI teams. One of my favorites to get if solo is the trainer that has a "follow me" clefairy.

I've never tried it personally, but perhaps another strategy would be to use your own tanky pokemon with follow me and hope the computer does the rest.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian View Post
    I would assume someone has actual raid spawn rates posted somewhere, but judging from my experience, I would say it's likely around 1 in 10 of getting the max raid ditto battle. So, if you've only tried 4 times, then that's not nearly enough. As for solo'ing the raid, your best chance is to have a Lv100 pokemon most likely and just keep trying until you get one of the better AI teams. One of my favorites to get if solo is the trainer that has a "follow me" clefairy.

I've never tried it personally, but perhaps another strategy would be to use your own tanky pokemon with follow me and hope the computer does the rest.
    It wasnt about giving up after 4 tries. I literally couldnt get past the rank5 turtle. I did find a solution though.; I fed a wishing star to a different den, which apparently cycles dens so I got rid of the turtle. Now I've been using save rerolls and got myself 4 dittos, 4IVs, no rank5 yet, but I'll keep trying.

As for the Follow Me, against rank5 turtle, that wouldnt have helped. He's got moves that hit the entire party and they others dont have the damage output, especially when you get eevees just using helping hand and solrocks only buffing themselves.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I see. I was just throwing out ideas. If it is using AoE then follow me won't help as you said. However, when I first started the game, I specifically got a throh for wide guard and used that in a raid against something that constantly used AoE moves. I was with one other actual player though, but I was just trying to see if I could keep the AI from dying. Anyway, you found a way around the issue so good luck with your ditto hunting.

Ridill
    BG Level

12 dittos, 4 five stars, nothing higher than 4IV yet and all out of watts, so back to farming normal dens I guess.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Hoorah!
    Spoiler: show

Master Ball Tier using only new* pokemon~

*I'm counting Galarian Corsola as a new pokemon.

Ridill
    BG Level

Gave up on 5IV ditto, settling for a couple 4IV. I have a 5IV Togepi, which I got fairly quickly and a 5IV Honedge. Correction, I have 15 5IV Honedge before I finally got one where the non perfect IV was Spec. Att.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Feel free to PM if you're still looking for a Ditto. I'm currently working on the Eevee den as well if anybody is looking for shiny non-hidden ability Eevee and catch me online tonight (I'm HST).

https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/...es/den65.shtml

In case anybody wasn't aware, you can spawn a rare purple beam (~10%) by hitting the home button while popping a wishing piece (slowing down the text will help when you're first starting out) and reset the game. Should be able to tell if it's red or purple. There are also ways to change the raid Pokemon by changing your Switch date.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced more details for the new cloud service app Pokémon HOME. The app enables Trainers to continue their Pokémon adventures beyond a single game system and manage their collection of Pokémon across many of their games. Pokémon HOME will launch in February 2020 for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices as well as the Nintendo Switch system.
    https://press.pokemon.com/POKEMON-HO...-FEBRUARY-2020

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Wait, you need premium to move pokemon from Bank to Home? And then the Switch version (which should be the flagship version) can't do trades?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Did anyone who had Bank ever let their subscription expire, and if so, what happened to your stored pokemon?

I have a few thoughts on that aspect of Home and none of them are particularly great..

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

They vanish after a period of time afaik. You can remove but not deposit within a grace period of your sub running out.

Gonna do some work in the free month. I don't want to ever pay for Bank again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    They vanish after a period of time afaik. You can remove but not deposit within a grace period of your sub running out.

Gonna do some work in the free month. I don't want to ever pay for Bank again.
    Shoot, I had a full egg and breeding move dex in there. Hope it isn't gone.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I like how they took GTS out of the games only to make it an optional paid feature.

Also lol, National Dex isn't in the game 'cause it's also an optional paid feature now.

Least there's (extremely watered down) free versions of most features. Too bad you can only use most of them by using the phone app instead of the console that you're playing the game on.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Pretty scummy but this whole gen is pretty much that so far.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I didn't get far enough in Sun/Moon for it to matter, but in X/Y GTS was only one slot and that's included in the free version.

Beyond that though, why build a feature a second time if you're going to include in a free partner service? Although, I do agree that it's dumb that there are any features that don't work on the Switch..

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I used GTS a lot in XY/ORAS when I went on a "gotta catch em all" bender. But with Sun/Moon, I think the thing I miss most is wonder trade. Am I getting a shit route 1 pokemon? Am I getting an illegal, miracle level/shiny legendary pokemon? Am I getting a reject IV bred pokemon? Am I getting a pokemon that I never considered before but now want to incorporate into my party pokemon? Shit was great

I know it's in the game but fuck that paywall.

Ridill
    BG Level

Nintendo had largely stayed out of a lot of the add on pay stuff/ microtransactions in their games but it looks like their starting to go all in now. And unfortunately they're really, really terrible at it. The pay stuff in Mario Kart and Animal Crossing are atrocious and I'm expecting theyre dipping their toes into non-mobile games now and if mobile to non translate in the same ratio, they'll start to make EA look like great people.

off topic, started building a team for battle tower. I'm not looking for something ultra competitive, I don't pay for nintendo internet, but what I've got so far is Togekiss, Aegislash, and Dracovish. Any suggestions for the last three? I was wanting a good solid rock type, but unfortunately my wife wanted Shield so I got Sword and so lost access to my boy Tyranitar (she decided not to bother playing more than the first hour of the game so far.) Was also thinking of a poison type, maybe Toxtricity or Salazzle- fire/poison seems better for gaps in my coverage, but I suppose that'll ultimately be determined by what my other 2 are.

Edit; thinking Toxicitry and Cinderace, which will just leave a 6th. Maybe Dugtrio.