+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Those orbs have a 50% drop rate according to Serebii. Did they say anything about hidden abilities?
    To answer my question, I did a bunch of level 1 and 2 starter raids and they can indeed get their HA.

Ridill
    BG Level

Having a dedicated Light Screen caster seems to help against Mewtwo.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I'd like to rescind me previous comments about the viability of Coalossal (at least in doubles). Played a few matches in the tournament this weekend and ran into so many steam engine Coalossals with weakness policy. Its G-max is already top-tier, so that combo could be devastating.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Next online competition is in April, participating in it earns you the Great Ball Guy Tee:
    Spoiler: show

Ridill
    BG Level

Excitement quickly crushed by disappointment.
    Got a 5 star shiny gigantimax Charizard raid, but it broke out of pokeball immediately.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The Wild Area Event has now shifted in Pokémon Sword & Shield. With this, Toxtricity, Grimmsnarl, Hatteren, Kingler and Orbeetle has left the boosted raids andith this, the following Pokémon are added: Gigantamax Snorlax returns alongside the addition of Gigantamax Machamp & Gigantamax Gengar.
    https://serebii.net/swordshield/maxr...arch2020.shtml

Why bring Snorlax back when there are still some that haven't been featured..?

Ridill
    BG Level

Fine with me. I dont any of those lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I just remember Snorlax being a pain last time it was in the cycle and imagine a lot of people will skip those raids since they already have one. Machamp and Gengar are both welcome additions with somewhat niche but useful g-max moves.

I can imagine some really annoying teams built around when they are (presumably) added to the available pool for series 4.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You can encounter both version exclusive in level 4 raids. And Snorlax should be brought back on a regular basis because it can't be caught outside of promotional dens.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Serebii is saying the update this week changed the the wild area dens -- I might be mistaken, but it sound like it's rare pokemon, swapped version exclusives, and pokemon you need to trade to evolve, etc. Fossils are also in the item pools, so that's probably worth chasing too.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Forgot to update with the official announcement:
    From Wednesday, March 18, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. PDT until Wednesday, March 25, 2020, at 4:59 p.m. PDT, Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield players may encounter some Pokémon that may be hard to find in Max Raid Battles. All players may encounter Dynamax Escavalier, Accelgor, and Pincurchin more frequently in Max Raid Battles. Plus, Pokémon Sword players might encounter Dynamax Galarian Rapidash, Galarian Corsola, Mandibuzz, Oranguru, and female Indeedee. While Pokémon Shield players might encounter Dynamax Galarian Darumaka, Braviary, Passimian, Sirfetch'd, and male Indeedee instead. These Pokémon normally do not appear in these game versions, so it's a great opportunity to work toward completing your Galar Pokédex.
    https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-n...-raid-battles/

Also, seems any 3-star or higher raid is guaranteed to have the hidden ability, so now's a great time to catch these pokemon.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Max raids have changed, Gigantamax Copperajah, Charizard, Garbodor and Duraludon are available now.

I'll update this when the official news goes up.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Get ready for a Gigantamax take-over in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, as Gigantamax versions of Charizard, Garbodor, Copperajah, and Duraludon will appear more frequently in Max Raid Battles until April 27, 2020, at 4:59 p.m. PDT. Head into the Wild Area and begin your search for these elusive Gigantamax Pokémon.

Also:
    Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield players can challenge Trainers from around the world in the 2020 International Challenge April. This competition will use the same rules and regulations as the current Championship Series format. By completing at least one battle in the 2020 International Challenge April, you can earn a cool piece of in-game Trainer clothing: a Casual Tee (Great Ball Guy). Yes indeed—you can deck out your Trainer in a shirt featuring everyone's favorite Poké Ball distributor!

The sign-up period will last from Wednesday, March 25, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. PDT until Thursday, April 9, 2020, at 4:59 p.m. PDT.
    https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-n...e-competition/

Assuming I'm not misreading it, I'm glad they're going to let the starters gain the ability to g-max and not require catching new ones, but I also hope it's an option -- depending on the effects of the g-max moves, it could be a bad thing (looking at you G-max Drednaw/Corviknight..).

Edit: hearing that the starter g-max moves ignore abilities -- good for Cinderace and amazing on Inteleon.

Edit2:

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The Pokémon Company has canceled the 2020 Play! Pokémon competitive leagues. This includes the two international tournaments expected to be held across two continents, due to concerns around the COVID-19 pandemic.

No championship points will be awarded over the remainder of the season; instead, all 2020 points will roll over to the next season of Play! Pokémon in 2021. All invitations to these tournaments will also be honored for the 2021 World Championships.
    There are some community members who are stepping up to arrange online tournaments that will be open to everyone though, so if you care about competitive Pokemon, there might still be events of sorts.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Trainers in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield might be surprised to see little Pokémon dramatically increasing in size in the Wild Area's Max Raid Battles. From now until April 15, 2020, at 4:59 p.m. PDT, you'll be more likely to encounter Dynamax versions of Ditto, Pichu, Cleffa, Togepi, Tyrogue, Wynaut, Budew, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Munchlax, Riolu, Mantyke, and Toxel in Max Raid Battles.

Additionally, defeating one of these Pokémon in a Max Raid Battle could reward you with useful items, such as a Destiny Knot or an Everstone.

Ridill
    BG Level

Just kinda waiting for the dlc at this point. None of that sounds interesting or useful.
    Maybe a 5 star ditto.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Pretty much where I am. I think max raids were one of the weaker parts of this game overall and I just have no attachment to dynamax/gigantamax anything since they'll just be deleted next gen most likely.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I love Dynamax. Compared to mega evolution or Z-moves, it actually adds a lot of strategy to competitive battling.

And depending on hidden abilities, some of those babies could be really useful -- specifically, Togepi, Cleffa, Tyrogue, and Riolu.