Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Kansas City signed Carlos Hyde to a 1yr deal
    2.8mil 1.6mil gtd

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Fuck that. No reason it has to be outlawed. The player knows what he or she is signing up for and is paid for it handsomely. Don’t want to risk it? Then fuck off.
    Personally I'd rather it be safer by getting rid of unnecessary things like helmet to helmet hits and flying wedges, so more parents have their kids play football and there is a larger talent pool.

If you want to watch a watered down league kill each other, fair enough.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Two 250lb men running at each other 20 yards away at 20 mph is inherently dangerous no matter what you do (some nerd tell me how much force that is).
    It's honestly just easier to have it in their contracts that the players accept any harm that may be inflicted on them on the field and no legal recourse can be taken against the league.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

NFL itself is also propping up flag football leagues around the country because they know parents are becoming more and more aware that kids running full speed at each other is harmful for their long term growth. Who’da thunk it.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Two 250lb men running at each other 20 yards away at 20 mph is inherently dangerous no matter what you do (some nerd tell me how much force that is).
    It's honestly just easier to have it in their contracts that the players accept any harm that may be inflicted on them on the field and no legal recourse can be taken against the league.
    You're missing my point. I'm not talking about avoiding lawsuits. I'm talking about keeping kids (via their parents) interested in the sport and not avoiding it. If I was a parent, I'd be steering my kid towards basketball and baseball.

Yes it is inherently dangerous but why not eliminate the unnecessary dangerous stuff? Does anyone really miss the flying wedge? Do you miss all of the old kickoffs that are now touchbacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    NFL itself is also propping up flag football leagues around the country because they know parents are becoming more and more aware that kids running full speed at each other is harmful for their long term growth. Who’da thunk it.
    Exactly.

BG Level

football should be flag or touch until high school regardless tbh

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Most NFL players come from poor environments. You really think those kids are going to start playing soccer over football in the hood? They are lucky to have active parents, much less ones rioting for player safety.

The NfL ratings would literally increase over night if they just came out and said “fuck pussies who are worried about concussions”.

It sounds great, but doesn’t remotely align with results. And the only thing that may decrease in quality would be QB play because they typically come from rich, white backgrounds.

BG Level

2019 NFL Off-Season Thread: Kraft Handys

I don’t know if they’d start playing soccer over football overnight, but it’s definitely something NFL is legit concerned about when it comes to their bottom dollar lol.

BG Level

smart parents get their kids into soccer. buy some cleats and they're good to play for life

BG Level

I don’t know if they’d start playing soccer over football overnight, but it’s definitely something NFL is legit concerned about when it comes to their bottom dollar lol.
    But that concern is just overstated by the media, especially local media. The NFL has never, once, decreased in profits year over year, including strike seasons. It’s a false narrative, period. The NfL is so far ahead of every other sport that it doesn’t matter at all.

Again, they could literally hold a press conference and announce “we don’t give a fuck about concussions”, and their fanbase would only increase.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Schefter reporting there is a verbal agreement to send Antonio Brown to Oakland

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Seeing no new year's but an extra 12 mil tossed onto his remaining three years

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Oakland trading a 3rd+5th

BG Level

ab in vegas sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Oakland trading a 3rd+5th
    That seems like a great deal tbh.

BG Level

It’s an incredible deal, esp for a team with 3 first round picks. You couldn’t get one of those? And the Steelers are left with A 21 mil dead cap hit. And somehow Tomlin hasn’t been fired. Awful situation in Pittsburgh.

Super Bowl contender and the 2 most talented players on the roster have revolted, out of town. Dumpster

BG Level

I don't see how it's Tomlin that gets all the blame for shit like this. Feels like every year there's some cancerous shit coming out of that locker room, and the common denominator is almost always Rapistberger. Yet he doesn't catch as much flak for it in the media because he's a white guy and not a flamboyant and cocky black dude. Nothing's going to change there until he retires.

GATTACA!

BG Level

I don't see how it's Tomlin that gets all the blame for shit like this. Feels like every year there's some cancerous shit coming out of that locker room, and the common denominator is always Rapistberger. Yet he doesn't catch as much flak for it in the media because he's a white guy and not a flamboyant and cocky black dude. Nothing's going to change there until he retires.
    I think that was one of AB's main gripes, that Big Ben has special rules and is prob just as much of a dbag

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I just find it humorous they got a 1st for Amari Cooper then flipped a 3rd for AB.

GRUDEN

BG Level

Loving the updated sig lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast