Closed Thread
Page 7 of 154 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

I remember that old phrase of judging people by who they surround themselves with. No one's saying the guy was BFFs with PDP, but certain idealologies certainly seem to be reflected with the move on the barest level of digital sympathetic intent.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

I also remember the old phrase, 'know thy enemy,' sooooo, aaaaaawwwwwww yeeeeaaaaaahhhh.

idk mang, this 'guilty by association' tripe drives me nutz. not as bonkerz as u, milkster. i mean, you gotta be insane, right? kudos for the lols doe.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    k? It's amazing how you manage to troll with even less effort here than in spam.

Serious response: Like I already told you, if you have actual evidence of PDP holding problematic views (obviously it exists), go ahead and rely on that. Using his rhetoric to re-frame independently innocuous Twitter follows into something nefarious and then using those follows as additional evidence of wrongthinking is intellectually dishonest. You're double dipping on the same evidence.
    I'll play ball.

Article on PewDiePie's use of fascist imagery
    PewDiePie Defends Politician Who Believes Women Are Less Intelligent Than Men
    PewDiePie promotes a white supremacist's channel
    PewDiePie promotes another white supremacist's channel
    PewDiePie attacks the media
    The whole n word incident
    Fiverr death to all jews incident
    Collaboration w/ Ben Shapiro (Who himself was a top inspiration to the canadian mosque shooter)

Spoiler: show

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    I also remember the old phrase, 'know thy enemy,' sooooo, aaaaaawwwwwww yeeeeaaaaaahhhh.

idk mang, this 'guilty by association' tripe drives me nutz. not as bonkerz as u, milkster. i mean, you gotta be insane, right? kudos for the lols doe.
    Oh honey..... no.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    ...well shit, I didn't know he was that bad lol
    Like he's not a white supremacist and he's not trying to filter people into those beliefs but there are definitely other people trying to take advantage of his subscriber base and the fact that he consumes media from known alt-right personalities makes it easier for such a thing to happen.

I ain't gonna call on youtube to suspend pewdiepie because LOL AT THAT HAPPENING but the dude's lost deals from Disney and Youtube Red/Premium because of his antics and obviously that didn't happen so he's gonna keep on keeping on.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'd agree with that except his filtering and recommendations of content and their creators leads people to the alt-right and white supremacy. Jordan Peterson is rife full of sexism, racism and phrenology plus his whole lobster bullshit and breaking down explaining anything.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Young male gamers who like trolling are an easy target for conversion to MRA and other alt-right ideologies. This is one of those situations where it's legitimate to say that failure to clearly pick a side is de facto support for the other side and an abdication of responsibility to help combat a problem.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It's 2019 and classless trash can find each other ;-3

Thx, YouTube <3

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Young male gamers who like trolling are an easy target for conversion to MRA and other alt-right ideologies. This is one of those situations where it's legitimate to say that failure to clearly pick a side is de facto support for the other side and an abdication of responsibility to help combat a problem.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I just thought about Boogie and now I want to die.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

At certain ages though it's not malicious. They just browse YouTube and Twitch then they see someone like Pew post Jordan or Shapiro so they watch it. And because they are teenage dumbasses, they think it's brilliant and that liking it makes them smart and woke. I have to thoroughly deprogram this lunacy from kids who aren't really prejudiced* but just have no training on how to process what they are fed.

* I have had students who are legitimately aggrieved and too far gone, but its honestly like a 10:1 ratio.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Owen Benjamin was a shit comedian before he was alt-right. Nothing of value is lost by wiping his presence from the internet.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    At certain ages though it's not malicious. They just browse YouTube and Twitch then they see someone like Pew post Jordan or Shapiro so they watch it. And because they are teenage dumbasses, they think it's brilliant and that liking it makes them smart and woke. I have to thoroughly deprogram this lunacy from kids who aren't really prejudiced* but just have no training on how to process what they are fed.

* I have had students who are legitimately aggrieved and too far gone, but its honestly like a 10:1 ratio.
    So what is the training that they need? I'm actually curious for myself. I've had a feeling that I myself may be being swayed one way or the other and I'd like to prevent that from happening.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    So what is the training that they need? I'm actually curious for myself. I've had a feeling that I myself may be being swayed one way or the other and I'd like to prevent that from happening.
    When was the last time you took 30min to read into a topic you were interested about? What was that topic?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I mean, I can't say it's been recently. Since the little guy was born my me time has been very lacking and when I do get time for me, I usually do something for enjoyment not for education.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I mean, I can't say it's been recently. Since the little guy was born my me time has been very lacking and when I do get time for me, I usually do something for enjoyment not for education.
    Why do you think you're being radicalized then

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I don't know that I am, but I don't have a laundry list of individuals I won't listen to based on what I'm being told about them. I'm getting the impression that this makes me a potential target of such radicalization or at least to be manipulated into thinking a specific way.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'm getting the impression that this makes me a potential target of such radicalization or at least to be manipulated into thinking a specific way.
    You say you're getting the impression, I say you've been assaulted by propaganda and algorithms for decades and are oblivious to it. Every time you opened Facebook, Instagram, turned on any news show, even local ones. You're an adult in the 21st century, there is no avoiding it. There is no ignoring it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 154 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast