FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I believe it started mainly as a medical thing, for providers to keep in mind that a transman or transwoman may have different medical needs that you shouldn't forget about. Like a transman may or may not need a yearly pap smear or a pregnancy test, a transwoman is still at risk for prostate cancer, etc.

As an example of this, when the hospital I am at (a big one with even a large trans-specific clinic) switched to a new electronic medical record system, it was actually impossible for a provider to place the order for pap smear cytology or pregnancy test for a transman; they had added in the functionality for a patient's gender identity but hard coded certain orders to specific gender tags in the system.

It's my understanding that the trans-exclusionary feminist crowd took this and began using it in their criticism/propaganda for a while too

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Restrat View Post
    I believe it started mainly as a medical thing, for providers to keep in mind that a transman or transwoman may have different medical needs that you shouldn't forget about. Like a transman may or may not need a yearly pap smear or a pregnancy test, a transwoman is still at risk for prostate cancer, etc.

As an example of this, when the hospital I am at (a big one with even a large trans-specific clinic) switched to a new electronic medical record system, it was actually impossible for a provider to place the order for pap smear cytology or pregnancy test for a transman; they had added in the functionality for a patient's gender identity but hard coded certain orders to specific gender tags in the system.

It's my understanding that the trans-exclusionary feminist crowd took this and began using it in their criticism/propaganda for a while too
    I think this is where a lot of it is coming from, yeah.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I mean

You need a uterus and other select reproductive organs to be pregnant

If you don’t have those, you can’t be pregnant

Not everyone has those, ergo

No, everyone cannot be pregnant. How does that make me a bigot for saying that?

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I mean

You need a uterus and other select reproductive organs to be pregnant

If you don’t have those, you can’t be pregnant

Not everyone has those, ergo

No, everyone cannot be pregnant. How does that make me a bigot for saying that?
    Because we live in a time that one person's opinion = everyone's opinion

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Of course; and some people with those reproductive organs identify/live/whatever as a transman (weather you believe or care about the issue or not, that's how they are interacting with our current society). I doubt anyone is saying it's transphobic to say "a uterus is necessary to have a baby" but rather "if you have a uterus you are by definition a woman and should be treated as such." Of course I could be wrong, people will argue anything on the internet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I'm gonna be real. These two subreddits are peak anti-trans propaganda bullshit.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Saw a post in a random facebook group from a southern ~conservative girl who was, seemingly truly genuinely, asking for some clarification on the "everyone can get periods" and "everyone can get pregnant" stuff that has been going around. Like really saying things like "I just don't understand this with how I was raised but I WANT to and I want to be an ally and support trans rights" and all that stuff, and just asking for some perspective.

100+ comments of her being straight dragged for being a transphobic bigot and shitting all over her. Like how dare she even ask?!

Trump is going to win in 2020.
    I think this goes into a broader failing of outspoken young adults flipping out over questions.

Like, as a teacher, I WANT people asking questions and seeking out information and learning. And I feel like that is what we were taught to do growing up.

Now there is this sense of, NO COMMUNICATIONS UNLESS YOU'VE SPENT 10 MONTHS MIN RESEARCHING THE SUBJECT AND COME TO THE CONVO AS AN ALREADY EXPERT.

I find this unfair, as even myself enjoys learning much more through interactions with others. It's not like the only thing you should do, but there shouldn't be a stigma against doing it, either.

I believe this is in part what Obama was alluding to in that recent viral video. We have to break away from this idea that you must always be perfect, and if you are not, then you are not worth talking to.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    I'm gonna be real. These two subreddits are peak anti-trans propaganda bullshit.
    I hadn't actually looked at all but yeah lmao looks like you're right

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50365609
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-goldman-sachs

Apple Pay's algorithm-based credit limiter is found to be biased against women. Goldman Sachs runs the physical card side of the business where the trouble is originating from.

David Heinemeier Hansson had complained that the Apple Card gave him 20 times the credit limit that his wife got.

In a tweet, Mr Hansson said the disparity was despite his wife having a better credit score.

Later, Mr Wozniak, who founded Apple with Steve Jobs, tweeted that the same thing happened to him and his wife despite their having no separate bank accounts or separate assets.

On Saturday, the investment bank told Bloomberg: "Our credit decisions are based on a customer's creditworthiness and not on factors like gender, race, age, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law."

The Apple Card, launched in August, is Goldman's first credit card.

The iPhone maker markets Apple Card on its website as a "new kind of credit card, created by Apple, not a bank".

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

But it is created by a bank.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    But it is created by a bank.
    That is really an Apple.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What they gonna do if you don’t pay, repossess yo iTunes?

"Women be shoppin"

-HAL 9000

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Chick-fil-A announced they are no longer donating to anti LGBTQ charities.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Popeyes is still better.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

50% chance you get assaulted going to Popeyes though

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    Popeyes is still better.
    No.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Low risk low reward as they say. I’d rather have to wait 15 extra minutes going through the Popeyes drive through than have to suffer through the chik fil a window employee trying to have a conversation with me as they wait to hand me a bag of food.