Closed Thread
Page 86 of 154 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Hmm...the burger is not vegan but it IS sourced 100% animal free. That's actually a pretty fine line to thread lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Not sure if BK did it, but i know the sign at taco bell talking about their impossible meat might touch normal meat. This impossible craze is more towards the people who are changing based on environmental impact, not vegans. Of course, they don't think so.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    This impossible craze is more towards the people who are changing based on environmental impact, not vegans. Of course, they don't think so.
    I never thought about it, but that's very likely the case. I think I saw an article that I passed over that was about how most of the beyond/impossible/whatever burger sales are not vegans/vegetarians. My wife and I are on a more plant based diet for both health and environmental reasons now as well. I've purchased one of those brands twice I think. We usually just make chickpea, black bean, or some other form of patty if we want a plant-based alternative.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

That guy is a dipshit and they're going to lose. Every burger king down here is says something along the lines of "prepared on the same grill as our regular burger patties." I'll take a pic next time I'm out. And it's not some super subtle tiny fine print. It's literally the first thing I noticed when it came out on the drive through menu.

Granted it may not be the exact same everywhere, but I can't imagine it's radically different in other parts of the country.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

PC Principal VI: What The Fuck Am I Reading Part Deux

Didn’t mcdonalds lose a similar case because some vegan/vegetarian douchebag argued their fries use a minuscule amount of beef flavoring?

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    That guy is a dipshit and they're going to lose. Every burger king down here is says something along the lines of "prepared on the same grill as our regular burger patties." I'll take a pic next time I'm out. And it's not some super subtle tiny fine print. It's literally the first thing I noticed when it came out on the drive through menu.

Granted it may not be the exact same everywhere, but I can't imagine it's radically different in other parts of the country.

I doubt this will ever go to trial and the guy is going to walk away with a fat settlement. It just isn't worth the battle and bad publicity for BK to fight this.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

This person is an idiot. Did he think that they have like 3 different grills?

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    I doubt this will ever go to trial and the guy is going to walk away with a fat settlement. It just isn't worth the battle and bad publicity for BK to fight this.
    I don't even see that. It's on the menu everywhere it's posted. Like, it's legit hard to miss

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The bigger story I heard of was there was a BK that was serving the Impossible before it was actually released and they were just using regular burgers. '

https://ny.eater.com/2019/6/6/186522...nyc-fake-order

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

It's not labeled as vegan on any advertising so the dude has zero clout for "false advertising". It's a plant based burger. That's what you get. I bet he's the type of vegan that eats honey

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    It's not labeled as vegan on any advertising so the dude has zero clout for "false advertising". It's a plant based burger. That's what you get. I bet he's the type of vegan that eats honey
    Then why even eat an impossible burger?

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Cuz it's the new gluten free. Or keto. Or paleo. And it's a challenge to people "can YOU taste the difference?! derp" so it's fun for meat eaters

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Meat is sorced terribly

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Meat is sorced terribly

Also carbon footprint

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Energy input per KCal is much lower than meat based. Pretty much all meat products require a stupid amount of energy and water. So it's mostly a sustainability thing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Extremist Southern Poverty Law Center.

Hm.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.bet.com/news/national/20...ooked-sus.html
    https://globalnews.ca/news/6230087/r...-delivery-man/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B5Xyc8OgE4C/ - video

White woman in Atlanta, GA calls the police on a black UPS driver because she felt that he looked suspicious delivering packages. She didn't believe him until the guy's white partner told her that the guy works for the company.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Comedian Pete Davidson now requiring audience members to sign a $1 million NDA form before being allowed attendance to his shows. Attendees are required to make no comment or mention of the content of the show publicly. They are also required to disclose emails and all social media handles on the form. Without a completed form they are not allowed admittance to the show. Once in the show, they must secure all smart phones and smart watch devices in a secure pouch for the duration of the show.

So sounds like Pete really wants to say some shit during his stand up and not get “cancelled” for it.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I actually have tickets to see him this weekend. Will report back and let BG know whether Anoat is a lying sack of shit, or if Pete is dropping wild comments.