She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay. While redoing my system, I noticed a glaring omission somehow. You'll have to look for it but yep. (Program has a censored word in it)

And since I redid Windows, I checked out SMPlayer some more. If you dig into the controls, you can actually tame the bad design and make it look better. (Look under Preferences ==> Interface. I like Mini Gui + Classic icon set + Windows for mine.)

Again, if you don't want to dig though the thread for it, the list is here. Add away.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay. I just stumbled on another open source video editor that looks really good. Olive, that is. Added and I'm installing it now. (I'll have more to say about it once I put it though its paces a bit.)

Also, thanks to some API stuffies, I had to change some things with Streamlink; you'll notice it has a new base program now too. (Twitch changed its API and basically disabled some features) Ah, that's the hazard of this kinda thing; things change. Also Ccleaner stopped pushing that browser (Good~!) so I removed the warning.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay, thanks to Niya, we now have two clients for erm, a forbidden word that is a kind of download on this forum. (You guys proly know what I mean.) Was weird that those were missing; oh and the official clients are forbidden in the list due to they have a lot of crapware and even a bitcoin miner in them..Can you say YUCK? I even nuked one of those off my brother's system when I had it upstairs b/c of the crapware.

Naturally, those kind of clients are not forbidden in the list since they have legit uses besides erm, you know what. Just..no crapware or bitcoin miners or..do I need to explain?

Also I'll ask the allmighty BG: Does anyone know of a good freeware WYSIWYG html editor? I haven't seen a GOOD one since AOLpress (which I won't put in the list due to it is SEVERELY out of date and any sites made with it may not work anymore with modern browsers). I'd really like to find a decent one to add to the list for anyone who's a newbie at writing websites, for I'm first to admit, that's how I started; with AOLpress and suchlike.

If such a one exists that you don't have to pay for that you can add to the list, I'll give whoever finds it a cookie. ^^ Thanks.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay guess I get the cookie lol.

Rocketcake and MS Visual Studio added. Both can offer what I wanted to make sure was in the list; a way for someone who doesn't know beans about html to start a website. ^^ Visual Studio can be also be used by people that like to code, too.

I know it's come up before, so I wanted to head that off at the pass.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay, added some stuff. Also the new Chromium Edge Browser is coming up in a few days (Jan 15th), and I mean the first final release version. Once I have that, the Edge section in the browser addons is going away since there's no need for it anymore; Chrome plugins will work with it.

Just a heads up guys in advance. And to be honest..I still HATE Google Chrome. And I only use Edge for MS Rewards. That's all.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay. New Edge link added (for those that don't want to wait for it to show up on MS Update) and the Edge column is GONE. No need when it's based on Chrome!

[Edit] Also Foxtana Pro and Chrometana added; those two addons for Firefox and Chrome respectively work with Edge Deflector so Cortana's search not only gets deflected to your fav browser, but you don't see Bing results when it does it; Chrome has the fancier one that lets you pick the search engine tho.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    Okay, added some stuff. Also the new Chromium Edge Browser is coming up in a few days (Jan 15th), and I mean the first final release version. Once I have that, the Edge section in the browser addons is going away since there's no need for it anymore; Chrome plugins will work with it.

Just a heads up guys in advance. And to be honest..I still HATE Google Chrome. And I only use Edge for MS Rewards. That's all.
    <3 thx bro

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

No problem. And Valk; it's girl. (I know, I know the joke.)

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay. Another WYSIWYG html editor added; BlueGriffon. I put the free version though its paces myself (Tho I'm a old hand with html. Believe me, and I need to learn the newer stuff sometime) and it really reminds me of AOLpress, which is what I started with (and which I do NOT recommend now a days with the changing web. Shame that's one of the only two good things to come out of AOL imo, the other was AIM, and both are dead.). Also netbeans added as well. Hey I try!

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay. if you didn't see today...Um, Avast! spies on you?!

Yeah I know, Lifehacker, but that's where I get a lot of lists for freeware tho they haven't done a top list in a couple years now. I added a warning to Avast so hopefully if you're going to install it, you check the privacy settings!

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Woo. DOOZY added. Nefarious has finally gotten out a true bluetooth driver for any DS3 or DS4 (tho it's more for DS3's) you have lying around that won't steal your bluetooth dongle/chip (like the older stuff will). I'm actually using his drivers wired right now and they're great, if a real pain in the south end to set up! Added along with Anydesk (which is what he's using for tech help now)

If anyone wants to get on that guy's discord server just PM me and ask.

[Edit]Foxtana Pro's gone. Awww. I only found out b/c I redid my Windows. Gone and a (very poor) substitute added.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So okay. I saw this mentioned in the XV thread and thought I'd add it for unofficial controller drivers. Nef's even advertising this on his Discord.

https://github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows = Hello, DS4Windows! This might be better than Nef's stuff for DS4's, tho I use a DS3 so it doesn't count for me since I'm using a DS3. ^^ Tho as always for that, if my DS3 dies and I go DS4, I'm prolly gonna buy one instead of trying the one for my PS4; I don't want a haunted PS4 hehe.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay, new extension for Chrome/Chronium browsers added (Including the new MS Edge): Proper Menubar.

It helps with a minor annoyance that Chrome based browsers do not have a proper menubar; yes this has a Firefox version too, but when you got CSS styling for Firefox, that makes it so you would be less likely to look for something like that. I'm using it on my Edge now for when I'm doing Microsoft Rewards.

[Edit] Also Foxtana Pro's back!!!! And better than ever. Added back.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay. If you guys saw this thread you know what I just added. I added both Libby and CloudLibrary; I figure some of us like to check out ebooks once in a while. (and unless I can get a friend to take me since I don't drive, that's the only library books I have available, sadly.)

I'd still like to add more since I assume those are not the only ebook library apps/programs around. ^^

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay. I noticed another little omission.

I know a lot of you prolly just let Windows do it, but there are a few good defragging programs out there (in case you don't like how windows does it/need more features) that you don't have to pay a dime for. Looking at Lifehacker again, I added the two more popular: Defraggler (the one I have right now) and Auslogics Disk Defrag. I've used both of them at one time or another. ^^ Mind, this is not for SSD's; this is for plain, old fashioned hard drives (Which is what I got. No SSD in this pc.)

There were a couple others, if people like them and have tried them, they can be added but other than what Windows does, I like hitting the heavy duty ones on demand only. ^^

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay. Chocolatey, Patch My PC, and vDOS added. Chocolatey is bascialy a Linux style installer thing that is a alternate to Ninite, but it's a scripting thing. Problem is you have to mess with Powershell to install it, which is a pain in the tail. Luckily it has a very nice GUI. Patch My PC is just a quick and easy way to update stuff, make sure you turn it off silent install just in case though. vDOS..well, another dos emulator but one not geared to gaming. ^^ If it won't run in DOSBox, it'll run in vDOS though.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So okay. Windows Terminal (with a suggestion to get it from the Windows Store) and PowerToys added. I haven't played with Windows 10 Powertoys so I can't say much about it; if anyone wants to edit the description, be my guest.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay. I know Ccleaner has been getting worse and worse.

I finally, FINALLY found a decent alternative. Glary Utilities. The usual thing for this kind of software applies; be VERY careful with playing with any registry stuff. If people think so I'll nuke Ccleaner, tho a lot of their other stuff is not so bad. I'm seriously considering it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

All "one click" cleaner/booster/whatever programs are a potential risk to the system if they overdo their tricks. So all should be used with care and not just accepting everything they want to "fix".

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Exactly.

Speaking of which, I found one more. This one makes the registry cleaner OPTIONAL and I do think it's better not to install that part in the first place: System Ninja.

Since I mostly use these things to clean junk files + a easy way to get rid of old programs, that's all I need.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag