She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanks to This thread I discovered that Sony finally made some official drivers for their controllers for PC. Yay, is all I can say, and I nuked SCPtoolkit right away. I haven't put SCPtoolkit in there b/c it can be a bear to remove; Just in case there's anyone on here that had to use it like I did, here's how to kill it, kill it dead!

Some of the software he lists to kill it dead is very specialized and not for if you don't know wtf you are doing, so I didn't put it in the list, but as long as you follow instructions, it's perfectly safe. Otherwise, it's not something smart person plays with.

Also if some more of the unoffical stuff is hard to kill, I'd like to see the guides so we can have them here in the sticky just. in. case. Nef has said himself that Windows is not nice about uninstalling drivers [@#%$^%@!] and considering he writes unoffical drivers I'd believe him!

Also since this is a new page..Here's the list in case you don't want to go back.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

In my quest to make a bit of erm, root beer money (Don't laugh. since I'm Mormon, I don't drink..booze at all. And sorry to the EU guys, I realize you guys don't like root beer, but it's a American thing I guess.) I had been trying some sandboxing browsers since ads suck and I don't want any virus laden ads near my system. Unfortunately, Firefox drags and lags in a virtual machine or sandbox.

So I did some investigating and discovered Vivaldi. Now, I wouldn't use that as my main browser but for GPT sites in a virtual machine, it rocks. (I'm using Lubuntu atm; sadly the Windows sandbox effs up BlueStacks, which I'm running a lot b/c of KH Dark Road). So since I likey and it's a solid browser, into the list it goes! It's nice to have options. ^^

I am planning on using that later on a Raspberry Pi once I have money but right now, I'd rather keep it in a walled garden so it won't touch my main system (and make me catch something nasty)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Anki is a very good flashcard application that I came across on reddit. There are decks that are being used extensively by med school students. I am slowly preparing my own decks for ATPL Exams.

It is free on mac os, windows, android (I think) and about $30 on IOS.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'll double check that May, with a warning that it does cost on iOS. [Edit] Done and added.

Also I need to check this out and proly install it first, but has anyone tried out PotPlayer? Seems some fansubbers are recommending that now (naming no names of course) and I'd rather have more opinions than just mine before I slap it on the list.

[Edit] Realized we do have one missing that we're proly familiar with due to Covid..Zoom, that is. Added.
    [Edit again] Tried it out, Potplayer looks good tho you'll have to kill the playlist thing it has, that looks ugly. Keeping what I got since I like, but it works. Also added MusicBee; I tried that a while back, but I like AIMP or Winamp better (not getting rid of AIMP tho until Winamp actually updates tho), but it's still a good player.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I realized that we had a glaring omission. Mumble and Teamspeak (even tho a lot of you will say, those old things?) were missing. Added. I mean, they are still used occasionally, tho now a days Discord's more popular.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay. Added some more alts to Ferdi and stuff on there; tho these actually encompass things like Slack. That is, Rambox and Shift. I haven't tried these since I'm happy with Ferdi, but there you go.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanks to Reddit again, I found a alternate to Revo Uninstaller. That is, Bulk Crap Uninstaller. Totaly open source there, go for it. Revo may be nice but it's kinda bloat-y so I didn't add it.

I also edited the first post on this page b/c the location of the guide linked there had changed. Thought people might wanna know in case they looked. ^^

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay. The free version of LastPass recently got neutered major. I just added Bitwarden, which I discovered though Lifehacker which is now a better alternative. I'm leaving LastPass there tho b/c it is useful if you do NOT use your phone a lot, since part of the neutering made it so you can only use it on either computers OR phones, not both. Very annoying! Source.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

How about 1Password? this app is my right hand, I can't imagen my life without it.
    Speaking of, imagen 1Password database got stolen and decrypted .. lol..

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That would be nice but this is a FREEWARE list. 1 password is pay so it doesn't go on there. (Also you could add yourself, but if I find any pay software, off it goes.)

As it is, I'm adding some updates; Nefarius has REALLY done it this time. Added Hidhide, and DSHidMini, as well as a update to DS4Windows. There's finally a worthy successor to the venerable SCPToolkit that isn't a mess. Namely, DSHidMini + DS4Windows, and Hidhide if necessary (It is for me. Otherwise FFXIV goes gaga.)

He's going to fix it so you don't need HidHide soon but go go Nefarious! And I'm just glad I found something that works. And one that I could rep with a DS4 someday if my DS3 finally bites it.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So okay. Because Shadowcat was nice, I've been able to play the Pixel Remastered versions of the FF games. (We share Steam libraries b/c we're related to each other and live in the same house.) Only problem is..NAMES. I couldn't tell the pixel remastered version of FFV apart from the old version of FFV name wise ugh.

So went on the hunt; and yes there is a solution! Enter SteamEdit: https://steamedit.tg-software.com/ . Far as I know this won't earn you no ban, it just edits local files. I suggest it be used on FF5 and FF6 if you're in my shoes, and I bet others could prolly find other uses for it..

Anyway, added to the list.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

in the pixel remaster, did they name him Butz, as is right and proper, or do they insist on this Bartz nonsense?

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's still Bartz, but you can rename him Butz if you want to (could in the original pc versions too).

But yeah, Square why didn't you have Steam push out a rename of the old remakes? It's confusing as crud.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay. Going though the list; I deleted some stuff that is no longer being updated (including the CCCP), ah sad to see that classic go. But hey, projects die.

I also added borders on everything thanks to a Google Sheets update that made them not so visible, made it look like a mess that was hard to read. It's better now.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The only problem I have with Google Sheets, is I'm very very rusty at making spreadsheets. Been thinking bout checking at the local library for a MS Office course once I fix a little..transportation issue

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Avast free antivirus now includes a Firewall.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanks. I'll add that detail.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    True ha, but the only problem I have with them, is I'm very very rusty at making spreadsheets. Been thinking bout checking at the local library for a MS Office course once I fix a little..transportation issue
    Udemy/Coursera/Harvard/MIT usually has free courses you can audit.

https://www.coursera.org/specializations/excel

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanks Mayaria. I'll check that out then when I got time.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay, I saw someone had added Dark Reader, but whoever did that forgot the url (I added that). Fixed.

Just so you know it can be hard to paste that, but at least on a Windows pc, use CTRL+V to paste.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag