• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Any recs for a screen sharing program?

Trying to watch the new season of jojo w/ my friend but when we screen share w/ discord, even w/ stream volume set to max, the other can barely hear a thing;

Browser and app versions, same issue accross the board

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'll have to wait for someone with more expertise on that but I've seen a few; not sure how good they'd be for streaming tho! They are mostly used for fixing other people's pcs to be honest.

Also, in case no one wants to go back, here's the list again.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Hm, if you don't want to use something like OBS to stream video to a platform like Twitch, one of the easier ways would be to use a meeting app/web service, for example Jitsi Meet. But that works best for small groups <10 people.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay just added KMyMoney to the list. Because of the situation that's brewing that I hinted at in the Mealtime thread (Again, can't say what in public yet) I need to keep better track of my money so been hunting harder for that kinda thing. ^^

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Looks like I just found a better Ferdi: Ferdium. https://ferdium.org/ . Added.

[Edit] I also went ahead and added F-Droid (a open source android app repository) and Easer b/c If This Than That has gotten pretty crappy. I actually went with Tasker but for those of use that don't have a bunch of Google cash lying around..

[Edit again] I also got rid of Ferdi itself b/c the guy up and quit and I DID NOT NOTICE. Oops. So Ferdium is the new ferdi.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So okay lot of multimedia stuff added, including Blender (How the blazes did THAT not end up on here?) and a few other things. Also a new virus scanner; BitDefender. Shame they hide the free version.

I also updated a few extensions, and finally killed Nano Defender since it has not been updated in aaaages. Yes, you can still find it but I like things that stay updated in that category.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Added a bit to uBO's description; After many delays, seems Google has declared WAR on adblockers, especially uBO if you haven't noticed. (uBO has had to disarm every way that Google's trying to stop them on Youtube, like lots. Once a day lately, and at one point was multiple times of day.) As of next year, Manifest v.3 is finally coming out which will cripple adblockers on Chrome and Chrome based browsers. I strongly suggest to everyone; USE FIREFOX if you hate ads, for Firefox isn't buying it.^^ It's the only browser that'll fully support adblockers now once that finally rolls out.

As I said in another thread; KEEP A EYE ON THIS SITE and check it before you use youtube so you know if it's safe if you got uBO. Also they've admitted to adding a slowdown if you got the adblocker; this filter should fix it:
    Code:
    www.youtube.com##+js(nano-stb, resolve(1), *, 0.001)
    Keep in mind, that will only stop the delay, not the "Don't use adblockers!!!" thing they're doing. CHECK THE REDDIT TO FIND OUT HOW TO FIX THE POPUP!

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay, Authy is sunsetting their desktop version, so I think something like Bluestacks is MORE important than ever for a backup for that. Hopefully they'll come up with something else, but I'm backing that up to Bluestacks. I'll fix the list shortly.

[Edit] Did that and added Aegis Authenticator as well, tho it is not as nice as Authy with the cloud saves.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay. Added a few more programs and removed one; Mint is pretty much gone gone gone. I do check best freeware lists from time to time after all

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag