Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: March 2019 Version Update     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Apparently, they ninja changed Hocho to be mainhand only as well now. (but didn't show it on the NA client)

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    Apparently, they ninja changed Hocho to be mainhand only as well now. (but didn't show it on the NA client)
    Confirmed with testing against a level 100 recipe with 70 capped sub skill. Sad panda.

Campaign
    BG Level

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I saw on FFXIAH that hocho's Japanese description now says main hand only. Can someone confirm that you can only wear 1 at a time and not get a combined +6?

Edit: Didnt see there was a page 2 on this topic. Sorry, I look dumb

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by BearstarSeraph View Post
    I saw on FFXIAH that hocho's Japanese description now says main hand only. Can someone confirm that you can only wear 1 at a time and not get a combined +6?

Edit: Didnt see there was a page 2 on this topic. Sorry, I look dumb
    Happens.

Welcome to BG.

Devs have clearly lost their minds with the ambuscade dagger.

So, question. Can any of you write or do you know of a lua that drops merits @ emporox automatically? Could easily get 25k merits in a couple days or so if I don't have to stop and actually turn them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Underwhelming outside of the fact that they are easier to make for newer players before REMA or serve some niche purposes for jobs, like the Club for BLU to do some mad blunt deepz.
    Dagger is stupid overpowered when paired with Mumu +2 set for WS. With THF in any situation where you aren't stacking WS it's the best and on DNC it's just plain the best. Look at the wiki entry on how Evisceration works and you'll see why, the current dev team seems to have forgotten that Evisceration was changed from TP=damage to a fixed 1.5 fTP on all hits and TP= chance to crit a few years ago. Evisceration was already a good WS after that update and only really surpassed by Rudras and adding the +50% WS damage puts it on par with a 2000~ tp rudras at 1000tp with a chance to crit. Even if you are in a situation where you're mainhanding a REMA then Tauret is still the best offhand option because it still gives you the ACC and ATT bonuses (it remains to be seen if this is just an oversight but with the ambu grip existing it's probably intentional)

If you're wondering what's the best offhand option for Tauret is it's Kaja, just make another ambu dagger and stop before the pulse weapon stage.

Also they are not easy to make, the pulse weapons are beyond rare, I killed well over 1000 quilins spamming for metal plates and only saw Coruscanti drop once. If you had one drop after a few kills then congratulations you lucked out.

Also I am still kicking myself for tossing out a delphinus I got from the goblin box last year because it was "junk" arg.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure there's only one (1-hit 2H WSs) or two (multi-hit or dual wield WSs) chances to multi-hit proc per WS.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's only one (1-hit 2H WSs) or two (multi-hit or dual wield WSs) chances to multi-hit proc per WS.
    You are correct, I never realized that until I looked it up.

On the lvl 119 griffon (EDIT it was 124 not 119) with Kaja I was getting 10k - 30k unstacked Eviscerations with occasional spikes over 40k. Average with Rudras was around 7k-12k but I didn't use it much because Eviceration was so much better. Earlier I was using Mandau and while Rudras and Mercy Stroke were higher with the higher damage dagger they weren't that much higher. Tauret is DMG 125 so then it will be comparable. Mummu +2 set gives you +35% critical hit rate increase and makes a big difference.

119 griffin with kaja knife (not Tauret). This is an outlier though average was usually between 15k to 24k with occasional spikes above 30k.

Not stacked with anything btw.

... he takes extra damage occassionally. I never nailed down the exact cause. During or after a tp move. Something like that. And weak to pierce.

45k+ Vsmites weren't uncommon

Dagger is broken, for sure, but thats a terrible showcase/example

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
    You are correct, I never realized that until I looked it up.

On the lvl 119 griffon (EDIT it was 124 not 119) with Kaja I was getting 10k - 30k unstacked Eviscerations with occasional spikes over 40k. Average with Rudras was around 7k-12k but I didn't use it much because Eviceration was so much better. Earlier I was using Mandau and while Rudras and Mercy Stroke were higher with the higher damage dagger they weren't that much higher. Tauret is DMG 125 so then it will be comparable. Mummu +2 set gives you +35% critical hit rate increase and makes a big difference.
    Saying you use Mandau sort of takes the wind out of points. The fact that everything is just anecdotal though, certainly puts it away in the circular file.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Saying you use Mandau sort of takes the wind out of points. The fact that everything is just anecdotal though, certainly puts it away in the circular file.
    How about this then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaj5paczR1M