Closed Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

VF4 Evo was the perfect fighting game (except for Vanessa getting censored in the US), but 5 FS is just as good outside of the lackluster single player content.

Quest Mode in VF4 Evo is one of greatest things I've ever seen in a fighting game, especially with the AI mimicking well known players (like Daigo, Fuudo and Chibita)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

VF4E was my shit, i played the hell out of that back in the day and yeah, quest mode was one of the best single-player installments in any fighting game, period. don't think i've touched a VF ever since though

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Great video of Daigo and Fuudo expressing my thoughts on banning hitbox better then I ever could.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Fuck it we're going in

360s are still confusing the shit out of my fingers (only had it for 2 days tho), but you can cheese it in Virtua Fighter since you only have to hit the cardinal 4 directions for it to count. Not gonna be playing a SF grappler anytime soon.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Get back on SF4 Kran!

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sorry I only play 3D fighting games.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level

I didn’t even know Soul Calibur 6 released lmfao

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

holy shit, dragon ball died

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Relatively shallow game then Bamco (or whoever, I don't know if we 100% knew who was pulling the game from tournaments) just completely butchered supporting the tournament scene.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Wasn't that solved already? Haven't seen DBFZ being blocked from any tournaments recently.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Wasn't that solved already? Haven't seen DBFZ being blocked from any tournaments recently.
    Unfortunately, the damage has been done from the start. I don’t blame people if they think this game is dying/already dead because of corporations fucking things up. The numbers show the unfortunate proof.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

samsho, an installation of a neglected franchise without a new entry in ~15 years, that was obscure even in its prime, and which iirc isn't even out yet, pulled more than DBZ?! wow lol.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's on PS and Xbox on the 25th, other platforms aren't until "Winter"

I'm sure there's alot of people just signing up because it's the hype new game and probably have no idea what the game even entails. Which granted the series itself never even knew what it was about, with how dramatic mechanics and playstyles changed in every single entry and was honestly never very good from a competitive PoV.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Asking in here since this is the general fighting get thread. I recently picked up a razer panthera stick for my PS4. Everything is going great except I can't do a forward quarter circle for a fireball to save my life. I noticed it first in Tekken 7 playing as akuma and chalked it up to it having less frames of a command buffer than street fighter. So I popped in 30th anniversary edition and went into training mode of third strike and same thing. Maybe 1 in 20 tries I'll get a fireball off and that's it. I can do back quarter circle with no issue (assuming on left side) bit can't do a forward quarter circle to save my life.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Asking in here since this is the general fighting get thread. I recently picked up a razer panthera stick for my PS4. Everything is going great except I can't do a forward quarter circle for a fireball to save my life. I noticed it first in Tekken 7 playing as akuma and chalked it up to it having less frames of a command buffer than street fighter. So I popped in 30th anniversary edition and went into training mode of third strike and same thing. Maybe 1 in 20 tries I'll get a fireball off and that's it. I can do back quarter circle with no issue (assuming on left side) bit can't do a forward quarter circle to save my life.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Go into training mode (in SF5 preferably) and turn on the input display to see how you're doing your inputs. I've played on a ps4 Panthera at a friend's house with no issue on SF5. Maybe it's how you're flicking your wrist? I know people who struggle with basic quarter circles, but i'm not totally sure if you deal with it or not, i'm sure you can do them just fine. It's just worth knowing if there could be a microswitch issue with the stick itself, it's worth trying an octagonal gate too if a square gate is giving you trouble.

If the input display is showing misfires on the inputs, then i'd warranty the stick asap.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Think I found my issue. Need to confirm if it's me or input lag (probably me though) as punch is registering before the forward motion. So instead of being down

Yeah, was me. Knowing what I was doing wrong I had to teach myself to hold back a split second before tapping punch and was able to do about fifteen in a row while alternating punches to get the muscle memory down.

BG Level

I actually tried to watch the CEO SFV stream twice this weekend. I saw more SF4 and past year's SFV matches than actual 2019 matches. Terrible viewing experience continues. Bring up players for interviews, discuss and display results that are happening off-screen (99% of the matches apparently), just anything else....

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Finals Schedule:

Fri Aug 02
    • 1st Final - Soulcalibur VI

Sat Aug 03
    • 1st Final - Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st]
    • 2nd Final - Dragon Ball FighterZ
    • 3rd Final - Samurai Shodown
    • 4th Final - Mortal Kombat 11

Sun Aug 04
    • 1st Final - BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle
    • 2nd Final - Street Fighter V
    • 3rd Final - Tekken 7
    • Main Event - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

So SF5 actually gets 3rd billing, behind Tekken. Lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BWYuko View Post
    So SF5 actually gets 3rd billing, behind Tekken. Lol.
    As of February of this year, SFV had sold only 2.9M units. Bamco just this week announced T7 has sold 4M units. It has a bigger presence.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast