+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Sorta, but if you can freely log into either platform and have your save move with it then I'll take that win.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm not keen on the thought of fragmenting playerbases even more.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Ehh, I want to play with people across different platforms without having to do that game all over again. I dont play with my brother on xbox cause I originally got the game on PC. I'd like to move over =(

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Ehh, I want to play with people across different platforms without having to do that game all over again. I dont play with my brother on xbox cause I originally got the game on PC. I'd like to move over =(

I'm not saying crossplay between consoles and PC players should be a thing (though that's not a bad thing tbh unless it's a competitive shooter). I'm saying the delineation between PC and Stadia versions should not exist for games that don't require Stadia's scalable networking infrastructure. IE that destiny player on a beefy PC playing alongside a friend that runs Stadia on his toaster. Being able to move the game's save around is nice don't get me wrong. It's really fucking nice for destiny but having to basically purchase a new version if you're a PC player is something to frown upon and ultimately pointless if you can't play with your PC peeps as it were.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Yeah it's just cross-saves, not crossplay.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'm pretty sure the PC and stadia versions connect to each other.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I'm pretty sure the PC and stadia versions connect to each other.

Most likely, yeah.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Cross play between consoles and PC should absolutely be a thing.

Reading the fine print on the founders edition preorder page says Chrome cast ultra is required to play on TV. I was hoping it would just be an app or web page you login to because I do want to get a Nvidia Shield to stream games through Steam Link. Was the testing of Project Stream limited to chrome devices? I will need to research this more at home.

Quote Originally Posted by xElipsis View Post
    Cross play between consoles and PC should absolutely be a thing.

Reading the fine print on the founders edition preorder page says Chrome cast ultra is required to play on TV. I was hoping it would just be an app or web page you login to because I do want to get a Nvidia Shield to stream games through Steam Link. Was the testing of Project Stream limited to chrome devices? I will need to research this more at home.
    Hell no. PC Players in Destiny would absolutely curb stomp any console player

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    Hell no. PC Players in Destiny would absolutely curb stomp any console player
    To be fair (and I'm pulling this out of my ass since it's anecdotal), most destiny players I'm aware of don't actually care about PVP.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

So much of destiny is PvE though that I wouldnt mind the option. I'd turn it off for pvp, but otherwise who cares.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

GET OUT OF MY HEAD DEMO

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Destiny 2 PVP isn't in the best place right now is my understanding.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I only played Destiny 2 for about a week, so I cant comment on that.

As a PC player with PS4 friends, crossplay would be fantastic.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Destiny 2 PVP isn't in the best place right now is my understanding.
    I beg to differ, I think the PVP right now, at least competitive is the best PVP has been in the Destiny series.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    I beg to differ, I think the PVP right now, at least competitive is the best PVP has been in the Destiny series.
    Ya, then you know the difference between PC and PS4 recoil, especially handcannons

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Ya, then you know the difference between PC and PS4 recoil, especially handcannons
    This is one of the most annoying hills the community has chosen to die on. PCs cannot have the same recoil as console because it is a different input format. Guns have recoil. The only reason it is significantly toned down on PC is because players would eventually run out of space from pulling down if they had the same amount.

Also, yes, PvP in Destiny has its flaws right now, but it isn't as terrible as the complaints suggest. I don't think it is a stretch to say that complaints from people bitching about pinnacle weapons and the cries to bring trials back are more than half the complaints.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tell you what, either stop mashing fire and pace your shot or pick a weapon with reduced bloom. Either way I ain't trying to hear it with how absolutely bananas the auto aim on head clicking is on consoles.
    As for recoil, learn your damn gun and hold your right stick to match. It's not really a thing on PC because it's damn near impossible to add that depth to mouse and keyboard.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The poll is progressing along the same course, Google's going to have to pull something pretty hefty out to make this a hit. No cross play could be unfortunate if adoption rates end up being low, and a lot of regions are practically incapable of adopting to begin with due to internet being too awful and/or bandwidth caps. Going to be interesting to see where this goes but I'm not optimistic.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Where is that poll from?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast