BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A part of me isn't surprised.

But a part of me is extremely surprised they're not going the Walmart route where you get a hardware and stadia edition.

Like honestly with the amount of resources they have and google fucking play you'd think they'd just go ahead and set up a damn google play PC store.

Like hey you bought assassin's creed odyssey go ahead and play it right now on stadia or install it on your own computer.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    RIP
    Oh...ohhhh....

Yeah in that case idk about a subscription to them. I might do it for single player experiences for the ease, but for multiplayer games that's a deal breaker...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well yesterday Valve casually flipped on Remote Play from anywhere for Steam, so that's an option now as well.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I should note that my quote was from bungie. I have no idea what other devs are planning for multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Well yesterday Valve casually flipped on Remote Play from anywhere for Steam, so that's an option now as well.
    Not really. Remote play is great on the same network and possibly region. It can't really compete with worldwide servers. That said people keep giving valve shit and trying to style about how epic store is better. LMAO. Let me know when they get basic fucking features.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Ah, so no confirmation if that's a platform inability or the developer just isn't allowing it. Makes sense I guess if every console has it's own destiny ecosystem, but I was looking at stadia as a platform to stream PC games, not a platform to stream Stadia games. Kinda kills the excitement a bit...

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Like, do Stadia streamers streaming on a PC still not play with PC players? Pretty fucking dumb if they dont.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Ah, so no confirmation if that's a platform inability or the developer just isn't allowing it. Makes sense I guess if every console has it's own destiny ecosystem, but I was looking at stadia as a platform to stream PC games, not a platform to stream Stadia games. Kinda kills the excitement a bit...

That was it for me too.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    That said people keep giving valve shit and trying to style about how epic store is better. LMAO. Let me know when they get basic fucking features.
    I don't have anything on Epic at this time, and I don't care much about the feud. The only thing I can say I know and do like about EGS is that they give developers a larger % of sales than Valve does.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    % of sales than Valve does.
    They don't provide devs with 1/3 of the services valve does. I'm mostly indifferent to it, and I want another competitor to exist, but claiming it's outright better is some bullshit.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Yeah, I have no idea what services they provide on either side. I'm sure Steam has several advantages, including market reach, but I don't know what they are.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They give publishers more money. There's no guarantee devs would see the extra cash.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

If devs are getting a % back from sales, then any increase in profit is passed down. No one is getting paid a lump sum to develop a game lol.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Dev wise, obviously not talking about individual workers lol.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

https://twitter.com/knowsworthy/stat...590076929?s=19

We’ve already mentioned that we’d love to bring cross play to Destiny 2. There’s no policy or technological barrier preventing us from including Stadia. We’d be looking to include every platform. This year though, we’re focused on delivering cross save to all platforms.
    Looks like it was entirely up to Bungie as presumed.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I read a couple of articles that say a new revision of the Nvidia Shield will be coming out that includes Stadia support.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

https://www.gamesradar.com/google-st...phil-harrison/

"Yes, you will still be able to access the game," Harrison tells me, reaffirming this point as I ask about playing said hypothetical game without restriction and still being able to access my save data: “yes.”

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Makes sense. Telltale games got pulled from steams store, but everyone can still download em if they own em in the library. This seems no different, other than being a data center PC you stream from.

Oh, and those PCs not connected to the same game ecosystem as everyone on a windows platform...fucking idiots.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Engadget: Google's $10 Stadia Pro plan includes one free game per month.
    https://www.engadget.com/2019/07/19/...ame-per-month/

Service is less Netflix and more like PSN and XBLA. No bluetooth audio support at launch. Games will still be available to play should Google kill Stadia.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Some good news I guess, but being locked into it's own ecosystem...idk i might still jump on this for the single player experience but I'm not ready for an entire new friends list ecosystem.