+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Man, if blizzard put sc2 or HotS on stadia for free, or with an upfront cost but capped graphics, I'd jump on that in a heartbeat just cause I dont want to keep those games installed but I'd play them occasionally if it was streamed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Free version gets you what though to play? They still lack a catalog of F2P titles for the most part to get your feet wet with the service, unlike their sudden competitor Geforce Now.

They need to shift their gears, fast. Being exclusively Linux based on their backend isn't helping their situation with regards to getting games on the platform.
    Geforce Now is what Stadia should have been from the start. Being able to use your own digital library and essentially just paying for access to a VM service is far better than Google's business model (not to mention you actually get to fuck with game settings and shit via GFN).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Oh god.. lol with is going on at stadia

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is the official basic version out yet? Not that I care, I have a $50 bet riding on something concerning one of the games announced though, that I'm 100% going to win.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    The first game announced for Stadia turned out to be the upcoming Doom Eternal, which Id Software producer Marty Stratton said took a few weeks to get working on Stadia. Stratton said the game would run at 4K and 60 FPS.

Harrison noted that Stadia would support cross-platform play.
    https://kotaku.com/google-unveils-ga...dia-1833409933
    https://slayersclub.bethesda.net/en/...launch-details

Is there any setup current gaming that can run modern games at 4k 60 fps? Everything I see even with a 2080ti most you can usually get is a little over 30-40 fps running true 4k.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    Is there any setup current gaming that can run modern games at 4k 60 fps? Everything I see even with a 2080ti most you can usually get is a little over 30-40 fps running true 4k.
    That is the problem. Even newer cards struggle. That said, elastic compute is not the same for games as it is for number crunching, but I don't see why Google isn't leaning into that. Probably because it will be more expensive that it should be assigning multiple GPUs to one person.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Been a year, checking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I can't wait for a year from now when all you grandpas have gotten over your fears of 56k lag and are playing the new AAA on the go like a better version of the Switch.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

It's funny cause gaming on the go is a reality and it's working great....for nvidia. Stadia hasnt figured it out yet lol

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Works on my phone and tablet.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Have you noticed quality improvement since launch? Or still more of the same

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Have you noticed quality improvement since launch? Or still more of the same

I don't think it's been "bad" and quality issues are to me expected issues. Looks great on my TV, phone and surface. Looks shit on my computer monitor. Input latency on my phone is garbage 99% of the time. Input latency can sometimes be an issue on my surface and the TV (everyone should have game mode on anyway). The best description I can give with playing FPSes with high latency is that the controls feel slippery. Racing games and surprisingly rhythm games (Thumper) don't really have to worry to much about latency, your brain sort of adjusts quickly. Latency is REALLY noticable (like almost unplayable) if you're not using the stadia controller and also https://github.com/ihatecsv/ControlStadia has been a blessing.

[edit]
    I should note that I haven't had bandwidth issues with hotel wifi. If you can watch netflix on it, you can play stadia on it. My fuck huge alienware laptop has been gathering dust. In simplest terms, stadia is not for everyone, but it's absolutely great for the people it's for.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post

And three of these are already free.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Stadia Pro - Free Two Months Promomotion
    We’re facing some of the most challenging times in recent memory. Keeping social distance is vital, but staying home for long periods can be difficult and feel isolating. Video games can be a valuable way to socialize with friends and family when you’re stuck at home, so we’re giving gamers in 14 countries free access to Stadia Pro for two months. This is starting today and rolling out over the next 48 hours.

Anyone who signs up will get two free months of Stadia Pro with instant access to nine games, including GRID, Destiny 2: The Collection, and Thumper. You can purchase even more games on the store, which will remain yours to play even if you cancel your Stadia Pro subscription. If you’re already a paid Stadia Pro subscriber, we won’t charge you for the next two months. After that, Stadia Pro is $9.99 a month, but you can opt out of your subscription at any time.

If you’re new, playing on Stadia is simple:
    • Go to Stadia.com to sign up
    • Download the Stadia app on Android or iOS
    • Play on your laptop, desktop or Chrome OS tablet with your favorite (HID compliant) USB supported controller or mouse and keyboard
    • Play over Wi-Fi on Pixel or many supported Android phones

With increased demand due to more people at home during this time, we’re taking a responsible approach to internet traffic. For Stadia, we’ve always adjusted bandwidth use based on a variety of in-home and local internet factors. To reduce load on the internet further, we’re working toward a temporary feature that changes the default screen resolution from 4k to 1080p. The vast majority of people on a desktop or laptop won’t notice a significant drop in gameplay quality, but you can choose your data usage options in the Stadia app.
    https://blog.google/products/stadia/...dia-free-today