+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Yeah, but then they'd have to fight Google. Google is one of the largest corporations on the planet. They have agency here lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I mean, it's not like YouTube is the most throttled mobile app or anything..

Oh wait.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

This ground breaking service from one of the biggest companies this planet has ever seen will be releasing this product this year (they've been testing it with great reviews already). We can see for ourselves soon.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Streaming games has been the next logical progression, and better to get in on it as the front-runner then not. i used to piss on mobile games, and now that's what I mostly play, albeit emulated on PC. This will be no different, and eventually it's going to combine VR/augmented reality into it and at that point, we'll be in our own, happy little matrices.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Phil Spencer (XBox) Comments on the Platform

Spoiler: show

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Between comments from xbox and Sony, they're both working on this and shocked how great this is looking. They must be a little worried.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I can't wait for a year from now when all you grandpas have gotten over your fears of 56k lag and are playing the new AAA on the go like a better version of the Switch.

I'd love nothing more than to not have to buy a new PC and new gaming consoles every few years. I just dropped $1200 on a new PC and it sucked and that's not even a lot of money when it comes to computers.

I was considering trying Shadow out as they give you your own PC (in the cloud) and they upgrade it so that it stays up-to-date. I just read too many negatives about input lag and internet connectivity to try it (although part of me wishes I did).

I'm just skeptical.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Between comments from xbox and Sony, they're both working on this and shocked how great this is looking. They must be a little worried.
    Yea they're both looking at this realizing that it destroys their console market for selling hardware. Who needs a PS4 when a chromebook can run the same game at higher fidelity than you were getting with your console.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    Yea they're both looking at this realizing that it destroys their console market for selling hardware. Who needs a PS4 when a chromebook can run the same game at higher fidelity than you were getting with your console.
    Yup. If Google delivers this just changes gaming forever. From the dev side this is even better.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Botosi View Post
    I'd love nothing more than to not have to buy a new PC and new gaming consoles every few years. I just dropped $1200 on a new PC and it sucked and that's not even a lot of money when it comes to computers.

I was considering trying Shadow out as they give you your own PC (in the cloud) and they upgrade it so that it stays up-to-date. I just read too many negatives about input lag and internet connectivity to try it (although part of me wishes I did).

I'm just skeptical.
    If you're looking to stream games from your desktop to other hardware, you can check out moonlight game streaming. It's free and it uses nvidia's shield protocol. Can stream to android/ios/windows machines, might even be more OS supported I haven't looked in a while.

https://moonlight-stream.org/

I wouldn't recommend playing FPS games on it but eveything else worked great for me.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I have a foolproof argument against streaming games. And here is exhibit A:

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

There are just far too many "what ifs" to just go ahead and say this will "change gaming forever". There are just far too many places with inconsistent internet or data caps or whatever to realistically believe this is a great solution for everyone. And as was said already, Google already lost against ISPs once, even though they are a huge company, I just don't see them really changing how ISPs screw people over in this country or others.

And I seem to be more and more in the minority related to this, but I still like to own my games, not be permanently renting them.

edit: ^ and yeah, I forgot about games that could just vanish for whatever reason developers/publishers decide to pull games for.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

This is more than just an online console. This changes how games are developed, the time and scale that they can be developed. This changes how publishers work, and whether companies like Nintendo can compete when the smart phone is now a screen for console titles.

You know this is the path it was going cause Sony and MS have been working on it too. But even they don't have Google fuck you money, resources, infrastructure all in place like that search engine that pulls results in fractions of a second.

Fighting games are a small concern, cause the only people that really care are the people who play locally or in tournaments, cause everyone else is already playing online with likely the same if not less lag considering all the processing is 100% done server side. Things like 5g only make this a better idea with how low latency it is. No more lengthy and expensive console designs and roll outs. No more lengthy update downloads, driver downloads, etc. If, and it's a big if, they pull this off it has soooooo much potential to change everything.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

This ground breaking service from one of the biggest companies this planet has ever seen will be releasing this product this year (they've been testing it with great reviews already). We can see for ourselves soon.

google gives up on anything that isn't a massive hit, i would be very worried about throwing money at this. that's also why at the end of the day all they have is a browser and ads..

see: hangouts, google fiber, actually i don't really want to listen them all there is a website for that: https://killedbygoogle.com/

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Man I really didn't think BG would be hating on this so hard

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

You know this is the path it was going cause Sony and MS have been working on it too. But even they don't have Google fuck you money, resources, infrastructure all in place like that search engine that pulls results in fractions of a second.
    what? MS has far more money than google.. do you just spout shit out your ass and hope it's right?

My only thing would be who owns the games and what happens if you want to play a game like 5 years later, is it still there?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Man I really didn't think BG would be hating on this so hard

Most of us are not hating on it, we're expressing doubt whether it is feasible in the current environment.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    what? MS has far more money than google.. do you just spout shit out your ass and hope it's right?
    Sony doesnt? And MS has bing and upped their game but Google is still ahead of them here are with number and location of data centers do they not?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Latency won't be an issue for anything that isn't relying on frame by frame data which no game really does

This is the future boys. Try not to act like old grandpas as the future of tech gets released.
    lol

https://twitter.com/bithunterok/stat...01326540550146

the future of gaming dudes

sure none of the fundamental problems have changed but onlive is really gonna work this time... because it's google????

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Uh, isn't there no jump button in that game? As in, you just run to the wall holding the button and he auto jumps? Lol