Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You expect the industry of loot boxes to give out keys for everything have you not seen any of the rampant anti consumer bullshit of the last two console generations?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Its evidence that they've thought of the "what do I do when I have no internet" problem. Its not a guarantee that they'll do it for stadia, but to say it has no bearing on what to expect with stadia is...yikes.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

$ scrot -s

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    You expect the industry of loot boxes to give out keys for everything have you not seen any of the rampant anti consumer bullshit of the last two console generations?
    This is silly cause providing a digital offline copy of the same game costs nothing except bandwidth. It's not like they're mailing them a CD lmao

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Its evidence that they've thought of the "what do I do when I have no internet" problem. Its not a guarantee that they'll do it for stadia, but to say it has no bearing on what to expect with stadia is...yikes.

Or, it's evidence that Ubisoft (who distributed all the keys, and there is no "evidence" that Google had a say in that to begin with) used free AC:O keys to attract more testers to Project Stream. You don't know any better than anyone else, because, news flash, the argument of "NO ONE CAN PREDICT WHAT WILL HAPPEN" applies to you too. You aren't holier than thou, you don't get a free pass. You know nothing. No one here knows anything, and more importantly, no one's opinion is incorrect. Attempting to obfuscate any of these points is disingenuous and fucking stupid.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

No one knows anything!

Except they successfully has a AAA game streaming on any chrome enabled device lol

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

No one knows anything!

Except they successfully has a AAA game streaming on any chrome enabled device lol

Once again conveniently ignoring that not everyone who tested Project Stream had a positive experience. But hey, it's easy to cherry pick when it fits your narrative isn't it, sunshine?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Not everyone has a great experience with their current internet. I do so

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

And suddenly the pieces all come together. So are we going to do the "If it works for me, it must work for everyone" thing or are you going to display at least a modicum of intelligence tonight?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

That's not even remotely what I said.

Steam isn't for everyone. Switch isn't for everyone. Xbox isn't for everyone. And I assume, based on the history thus far, Stadia won't be for everyone. Rural communities probably won't like it much unless they live near one of their handful of large cities where they get decent bandwidth.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Maybe if you upgraded your internet you could handle this stream of intelligence coming at you lol

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm glad we're on the same page then.

Once again, for the third time now just so we're clear, I'll be glad to eat my words if this comes out and ends up being amazing. But until it does and we have actual evidence of the full Stadia service coming online and giving us the experience that Google is peddling, I and I'm sure many others will remain skeptical of their claims and there's really nothing anyone besides Google themselves can do to change my mind. Least of all someone claiming that this is going to be the most amazing thing since sliced bread based on a keynote address and a small scale beta test.

Maybe if you upgraded your internet you could handle this stream of intelligence coming at you lol
    Hahaha ur funny guy. My internet's fine. But for a majority of this country and almost every other country on the globe, you can't just "upgrade your internet". Hopefully a big brain boy such as yourself understands such a basic thing as infrastructure and why it's fucking garbage.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That's not even remotely what I said.

Steam isn't for everyone. Switch isn't for everyone. Xbox isn't for everyone. And I assume, based on the history thus far, Stadia won't be for everyone. Rural communities probably won't like it much unless they live near one of their handful of large cities where they get decent bandwidth.

Im sure that will be fine with everyone in 20 years when ISPs are still shit and you can either buy a 1500 dollar gaming pc or get bent because everything else is streaming.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    Im sure that will be fine with everyone in 20 years when ISPs are still shit and you can either buy a 1500 dollar gaming pc or get bent because everything else is streaming.
    Actually I imagine this is what will happen if this service is as good as they're pitching. How do you convince people to pay $300-500+ for a console that's obsolete compared to the competition the moment its released, when the competitor can provide the exact same games with nothing more than a chromecast.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Like imagine at E3 sony/ms tease their new expensive ass box, and then right after the event the press goes to Google's booth and plays with Stadia proper and it's the exact same thing. Its cray

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Bumfuck Idaho with 10mbps internet isn't going to stream 4k 60fps, I don't think anyone including Google is claiming that. That would probably be dropped to 1080 or 720, in which case loleasypeasy.

There's a deeper problem though, because with something like Netflix/movies, you can pre-download the parts as you know what is coming up, and when packets are inevitably dropped, you've got a buffered data to use. That doesn't work the same way with a game, and most people, let alone the rural areas, wouldn't get this to work with the way the internet is now. I still support where this is going, but I still don't see it working for some time, even if I'm looking forward to when it will.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Actually I imagine this is what will happen if this service is as good as they're pitching. How do you convince people to pay $300-500+ for a console that's obsolete compared to the competition the moment its released, when the competitor can provide the exact same games with nothing more than a chromecast.

Are you being serious or are you just trolling now? Surely you can't say something like "Stadia won't be for everyone" a couple of posts ago and then follow it up with "How can you convince someone to use something other than Stadia?" with a straight face.

It's very fucking simple: if they can't use Stadia they will continue using existing solutions. There will still be a market for physical consoles.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

E3 is two months away boys. You know Google won't miss a chance to show us what they got. I just hope you guys come around and join our new overlords. It's either that, or playing offline with those...fighting game people...

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Are you being serious or are you just trolling now? Surely you can't say something like "Stadia won't be for everyone" a couple of posts ago and then follow it up with "How can you convince someone to use something other than Stadia?" with a straight face.

It's very fucking simple: if they can't use Stadia they will continue using existing solutions.
    Man you go out of your way to misinterpret anything someone says who doesnt agree with you lol

Don't control what is on there nor how long it stays, and what will they charge for the box and service? I would think it cant be to cheap if they want a profit. I hope it works but i'm just doubtful. Would we be able to mod games or will that be a thing of the past?

Edit: inb4 ads in games lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast