+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Bro. Chill out. People already explained the issue. It's not free money if the EGS Mega Sale impacts future unit sales of the game. Just because you can't wrap your head around the mechanism doesn't mean it isn't a serious concern for these publishers. Obviously, it scared them enough that they were willing to take the hit and temporarily pull their product from the storefront rather than take the risk with the sale.

Looks like Borderlands 3 got pulled as well, which ironically is how I heard the news about this sale. I understand both points but it does feel like something else is going on considering people pulling their product.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    my entire post
    Swing and a miss

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Bro. Chill out. People already explained the issue. It's not free money if the EGS Mega Sale impacts future unit sales of the game. Just because you can't wrap your head around the mechanism doesn't mean it isn't a serious concern for these publishers. Obviously, it scared them enough that they were willing to take the hit and temporarily pull their product from the storefront rather than take the risk with the sale.
    I seem pretty chill considering I'm not the one complaining that games are being offered at a discount lmao. Dont get your jimmies rustled cause I'm not upset that EGS *checks notes* started a games sale...

Yall keep talking like entire libraries are being removed, lmao. I had to double check, cause I thought bloodlines was already out, but it's not. Neither of the two games are even released yet. They only pulled two games that went on sale before they were even released. A shitty situation to be sure, but they're still getting paid the full price and fixed that problem, and overall it seems most developers and publishers are cool with this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kotaku....1834828248/amp

Kotaku went deeper into other things noted, like some game prices being raised during the sale, but those seem to be cause the developer wanted a newer higher price, and not cause they were surprised by the sale.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Kotaku went deeper into other things noted, like some game prices being raised during the sale, but those seem to be cause the developer wanted a newer higher price, and not cause they were surprised by the sale.
    They absolutely raised the price as a direct result of the sale. They backtracked a bit after they had a chance to figure out what was going on, but at no point were they cool selling their $20 game for $7 and the reasons for that had absolutely nothing to do with their dividends on today's unit sales.

Sometimes consumers buy fewer total units of certain products when the price dips too low. Don't ask me why. Consumer behavior is an eldritch clusterfuck.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

It might not be in their best interest to say otherwise. From what I understand, it is illegal in some places like the UK to raise the base price of something to coincide with a sale. Like if a product you sell normally goes for $100, but you put it on sale for $75, labeled 50% off slashed down from $150, to give the impression of a better deal.

How that would play out in this case I have no idea, since Epic is the one forcing the sale, while the publishers are the ones raising the prices. Seems like a clusterfuck.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    Looks like Borderlands 3 got pulled as well, which ironically is how I heard the news about this sale. I understand both points but it does feel like something else is going on considering people pulling their product.
    Got pulled after Randy advertised the sale on social media.

Gotta earn that trust

Can a company issue a gag order on it's own CEO? Like, completely. Ban him from any social media lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...sale-kerfuffle

Publisher 2K has said Borderlands 3 will return to the Epic Games store soon, and games sold at the sale price will be honoured.

However, it failed to explain why it pulled Borderlands 3 from the Epic Games store.

Here's the statement sent to Eurogamer by a 2K rep this evening:

"We are working closely with Epic and have temporarily removed Borderlands 3 from their storefront. We look forward to the game being back on the Epic Games store soon. Games bought during their Mega Sale will be honored at that price."

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quantic Dream, the French video game studio at the forefront of interactive storytelling, announced today the official launch dates for three of its most popular and critically-acclaimed titles: Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human, exclusively on the Epic Games Store. All three titles are now available for pre-order.

Before the titles launch on the Epic Games store, players will be able to experience a free sizeable demo of each game about a month before each game’s release. “Bringing our last three interactive dramas to the PC platform will enable new audiences to experience what Quantic Dream games are all about,” said Guillaume de Fondaumière, co-CEO of Quantic Dream. “Through these demos, gamers will have the opportunity to look into the hard work and dedication we have put into the PC versions of our beloved titles. For those who have never played a Quantic Dream title, this will be a great opportunity to experience the unique nature of our games.”

The Heavy Rain demo will be available to players on May 24, 2019, with the full game launching on June 24, 2019 for $19.99. The Beyond: Two Souls demo will be available June 27, 2019, followed by the full game launch on July 22, 2019 for $19.99. The Detroit: Become Human demo will be available later this summer, with the full game launching for $39.99 later this fall.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Epic a little late on this promo;

They uploaded it roughly 7 hours ago.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    And apparently buying too many games will get ones account listed as fraudulent.
    This is just now being picked up by games media.

https://kotaku.com/epic-games-store-...too-1834905266
    https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/...game-purchases

It all comes down to Epic not having a shopping cart. Epic has admitted to setting their fraud checks too high.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/co...nal_info_epic/

Person requests Epic send them all info they've collected on them (in accordance with GDPR law), Epic send the information to the wrong person.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This is such an entertaining journey

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Epic Mega Fail!! Fuck this company lol

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Not even a surprise, this is exactly what I'd expect from a company that can't even implement something simple like email verification for new accounts.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Looking at lolreddit, there’s a subreddit called fuckepic and tim sweeney himself comments to posts there, outright making a fool of himself.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Metro Exodus is releasing on the Microsoft Store for PC on the 9th, which seems to confirm that the EGS exclusivity deal is specifically for cockblocking Steam, not all storefronts.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/me.../9P60KL3MHCNH/

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Epic can go fuck themselves

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Tetris Effect is coming to PC, Vive, & Rift on July 23rd as an Epic Store exclusive.