+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, I already waited this long, I guess I can wait longer for them to take it to other PC platforms. I can see the appeal for them since they are running UE4 so they get even more of a cut from EGS, but still.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Epic won't sell indies unless they sign exclusivity deals with them.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://trello.com/b/GXLc34hk/epic-games-store-roadmap

Epic's store roadmap has been updated with all of date goals removed. Now all those promised features will release "when it's ready."

People ask why so many hate the Epic games store. Just take one look at that page and you'll know why. It generally leaves me with disbelief the "features" it doesn't have yet.

Shopping Cart - Future

Additional Payment methods - Future

Additional currencies - Future

Storefront Browse - Up next

I understand maybe not having some of the great features steam has like controller support, wishlists or maybe even achievements. How do you have a store up and running for 6+ months, and not have shopping cart, a decent browsing system or more than a small number of payments in 2019?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/...c-exclusivity/

Epic paid 505 Games $10.45M for the exclusive publishing rights for Control.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

https://twitter.com/tha_rami/status/...700383745?s=19

Is this the right egs thread? Dev points out why Epic is better than everyone else and why yall neckbeards should stop whining

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've never heard of that guy but I love him no homo.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You're talking about something different then Epic cockblocking games from Steam tho.

The publishing deals they announced are great for everyone involved, but Epic can do that and still be the same company with a shitty launcher/storefront that is likely laced with Tencent spyware and anti-consumer exclusivity deals.

But the DLC for Control is out so time to fire that bitch up.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

One could argue they could only do such an unambiguously great deal by locking in exclusitivity in order to recoup their upfront costs.

And that's okay because at the end of the day the devs are being paid to be given control over the game they already want to make. Win/win.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

More Remedy games is cool, regardless of platform/store it's coming out on yes.

A game like Samurai Shodown being an EGS exclusive after the publisher explicitly said they wouldn't do that is not.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Or, the former wouldnt be able to make such a game without such a deal

But the latter is always shitty, yes

BG Level

the only thing that even slightly bothers me about Epic is the potential for Tencent spyware (which is still just conspiracy) otherwise it's the market at play bitches get used to it.

but it's the gameriest gaming response of gamers imaginable to be furious they have to have one more application installed on their PC and might not be able to earn achievements even if it results in cheaper games / free games / improvement of existing launchers / more money for development of games.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Rami is legit with his views from the perspective of developers, large and small. I still won't bother with EGS because I hate the idea of segmenting the PC market. Based on the news that Epic is moving forward with a publishing arm, then let them throw their money at devs. If Epic gets a decent ROI, good on them. I'm not confident in it, but whatever it isn't my money.

I'll continue to steer clear of the PR nightmare that is Timmy Tencent.

BG Level

oh man i didn't even see this was making the rounds

gamers are incontinent subhuman ocelots to think this is bad for the industry that is absurdly pro-developer

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Now if they had a publishing arm a year ago when Metro Exodus came out, people wouldn't be up in arms about EGS exclusives. Now time will tell if they fall prey to forcing hard release dates on these devs like EA. I'll give benefit of the doubt. Stance still stands about EGS though. Let them rebuild the PC community's confidence.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    oh man i didn't even see this was making the rounds

gamers are incontinent subhuman ocelots to think this is bad for the industry that is absurdly pro-developer
    Epic in general is a pretty scummy company but this is an absolutely fantastic deal for the developers that have signed up. Full funding with a solid profit split and keep your IP? That's the absolute fucking dream regardless of whatever industry you're in, and even more so with how the vidja industry treats a lot of developers.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sony x Epic
    Sony Corporation and Epic Games are pleased to announce that Sony has agreed to make a strategic investment of $250 million to acquire a minority interest in Epic through a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony. The investment cements an already close relationship between the two companies and reinforces the shared mission to advance the state of the art in technology, entertainment, and socially-connected online services.

The investment allows Sony and Epic to aim to broaden their collaboration across Sony's leading portfolio of entertainment assets and technology, and Epic's social entertainment platform and digital ecosystem to create unique experiences for consumers and creators. The closing of the investment is subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory approvals.

"Epic's powerful technology in areas such as graphics places them at the forefront of game engine development with Unreal Engine and other innovations. There's no better example of this than the revolutionary entertainment experience, Fortnite. Through our investment, we will explore opportunities for further collaboration with Epic to delight and bring value to consumers and the industry at large, not only in games, but also across the rapidly evolving digital entertainment landscape," said Kenichiro Yoshida, Chairman, President and CEO, Sony Corporation.

"Sony and Epic have both built businesses at the intersection of creativity and technology, and we share a vision of real-time 3D social experiences leading to a convergence of gaming, film, and music. Together we strive to build an even more open and accessible digital ecosystem for all consumers and content creators alike," said Tim Sweeney, Founder and CEO of Epic.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Any chance this'll lead to a PC release for Bloodborn?

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    Any chance this'll lead to a PC release for Bloodborn?
    That’d make sense. Sony has been pretty OK with exclusives making their way to PC, I’d imagine that to continue with the caveat that it’d be sold out on the Epic store.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast