Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Good luck with the situation Ksan. If I were in your situation I would've played the snitch but my background was Navy Nuclear when that applied.

Cases: NPTU Charleston. Enlisted Supervisor qualification test key was hosted on private servers.

https://news.usni.org/2014/08/20/nav...eating-scandal

And this one on the Harry S. Truman wher a copy of the officer ORSE test got left on a copier, a chief or above sent emails to his buddies on what it is. And when an officer did poorly and got screamed out he ratted everyone out.

https://pilotonline.com/news/militar...4855a6a34.html

I know this is nuclear shit and not daily school life but my ass learned not to fuck with that shit.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Is your school exempt from state standardized tests? Cause the math dept. might be killing these tests they cheat on, but their students should be performing terribly on the actual test.
    this is the main point, ksan has left out a lot of necessary information- also I'm really really struggling to see how kids could memorize math test answers unless its a 5 question test

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    this is the main point, ksan has left out a lot of necessary information- also I'm really really struggling to see how kids could memorize math test answers unless its a 5 question test
    Eh, a lot of these type of online programs have similar question format, with just numbers changed. Sometimes the numbers arent even changed. If a charter school was cutting corners and used a cheaper software I can see kids memorizing answers just from repetition, especially if they arent taking the time to actually learn the material.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    It’s only about 20 questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    You've mentioned the math department; what department are you in? May help pull out some BGer's experiences. At least personally, great teachers had different tactics depending on their subject matter and focus.

As far as the test situation, I'd side with others and say go the straight and narrow route. Maybe bring it up to the math teacher first to try and get her to work with you towards an actual solution. I don't have kids, but I think I'd be pretty pissed to find out they weren't as well off academically as testing had showed.
    I’m an English teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Eh, a lot of these type of online programs have similar question format, with just numbers changed. Sometimes the numbers arent even changed. If a charter school was cutting corners and used a cheaper software I can see kids memorizing answers just from repetition, especially if they arent taking the time to actually learn the material.

The program is not cheap and it seems like the company is slowly buying up all its competition (It’s Illuminate Education). What I’ve gathered from our training is that these tests were never designed to be tests tests, and were supposed to be practice tests that my boss has decided to use them as our tests to show the district.

Our school is not except from state testing. In CA the kids get the CAASPP test in 11th grade. Our students have been doing poorly on the test, and Illuminate IS similar to the CAASPP, so it was smart to buy it. Again, I take responsibility in not having it figured out yet to get the kids to pass this test. I just know I won’t be ever able to compare to the math dept. if this is the case, and my boss won’t be satisfied if I don’t get there.

My AP is really good though. I think he will help being a cushion in all this.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I forget you're an English teacher. Honestly it's probably best you stay out of it then if its another dept. Letting the AP handle it is probably best.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

your coworker went the cartman route and it seems to have paid off

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

If this test is being used as a proxy for state testing, though, Cartemenzing it won't work

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The problem is if ksan pushes this hard and the kids end up doing well on the test then ksan looks even worse for being the English dept. talking shit about the math dept. getting it done. If it was intradept I'd say push a little harder, but interdept then fuck that cause that never ends out well for the little guy.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'm looking out for ya bae