+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

imo the real problem with the difficulty creep is the utter lack of resources to level anything other than a main team. The 60 fight was easy enough for my current group, with the only real snag lining up 3 units to kill with a + AoE. The jump to 80 otherwise affirmed that a party of MRs for DPS and not having a dedicated healer is A Bad Idea(tm), partially because the equipment system further sucks.

But in the end, this is pretty much the same couple problems I had with E7. Doesn't matter if there are dozens of characters in the roster that could be situationally useful if the resources to get them to that point aren't there.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Brutal Difficulty event I didn't bother with after the 5 required for the missions... because I couldn't reliably auto it, only do it manually and it was tedious lol.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

You guys should check what excess SR and MR Shards you have and see if those characters you have excess shards for are good. I ended up having enough shards just from pulls to get a couple of healers up. Little Leela is actually a decent healer, especially since you can equip Excalibur on her. Normal Weapons and Armor have no random stat growth, and most normal weapons and armor can give around +40-50 to the main stat when maxed.

Some Vision Cards like “Leonis Castle” are really decent at max (+15 Defense and +15 Spirit and lots of HP), and also easy to level.

The major grind though is Esper Resonance.

Regardless though, I definitely think you should save Rainbow Fragments for URs first. I had excess shards for Leela, and she’s at LB4 and Awakening 4 (out of 6). I only used one Rainbow Fragment on her to get her to 4 Stars. It is definitely not worth it for most units (in long term at least) to use Rainbow Fragments on SRs or MRs if you have some URs that you can Awaken instead. Though, you will likely run out of Rainbow Spheres before Rainbow Fragments, so you can probably look into a few SRs or MRs to try to max Awaken.

I made Kitone into an evade tank (Circlet +1 with Dodge type), and she is definitely worth it. If you have Shadowlynx, she can also be made a decent evade tank too. See if you can farm Circlet, and then try to get a Dodge type. Vow of Love is good for Kitone Tank (it grants lots of HP, Slash Attack, and Hate). Shadowlynx can also do a similar build.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

A +3 Sage Hat is only ~22.5m in recipes. I recommend it over circlet.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Playing with fire going for +3 Sage's right now, flushing books and recipes at the mercy of RNG. Til that crafting type carryover change happens, if it's not good at +2 lvl 50, I can't be bothered, unless mats and recipes are a non issue, like Nag.

Quote Originally Posted by Myra_FFBE View Post
    I had excess shards for Leela, and she’s at LB4 and Awakening 4 (out of 6). I only used one Rainbow Fragment on her to get her to 4 Stars.
    It's worth noting that N, R, and SR characters don't require any rainbow frags except for 5 and 6 star awakenings. You can get them to 4* without any major investment. Depending on your dupe luck, they're all pretty easy to get to 60-80. Lots of ones with Whm, Rdm, or Cleric as a job, making them capable healers in PvE. Most of the damage dealers aren't anything special, but with how chains work, I'm finding some good use with the hunters. Fred and Ryu easily lap them, but their normal attacks mixed in lets them chain really easily.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Playing with fire going for +3 Sage's right now, flushing books and recipes at the mercy of RNG. Til that crafting type carryover change happens, if it's not good at +2 lvl 50, I can't be bothered, unless mats and recipes are a non issue, like Nag.

It's worth noting that N, R, and SR characters don't require any rainbow frags except for 5 and 6 star awakenings. You can get them to 4* without any major investment. Depending on your dupe luck, they're all pretty easy to get to 60-80. Lots of ones with Whm, Rdm, or Cleric as a job, making them capable healers in PvE. Most of the damage dealers aren't anything special, but with how chains work, I'm finding some good use with the hunters. Fred and Ryu easily lap them, but their normal attacks mixed in lets them chain really easily.
    It is RNG but you can dismantle and get all but 1 recipe and the EXP ore back. Depends on how far out the crafting QoL change is. If it is 3+ weeks that is a lot of PvP.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Jinn (Idk your BG Name) - Have you been keeping track of who hasn't attacked? I can occasionally account for two, for instance todays battle.. neither of my brothers participated because of our day today, busy as frick, they forgot. Aside from that, I do try to remind them/keep on them even though they usually don't get many stars.

I'm wondering who the other folks are, if you've kept track.

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

Couple names I can remember but you can go back and look at every battles history and see who was still 2/2 attacks (sorry for the late response.)

Edit:
    DM'ed you something

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So I'm thinking for the BlueGartr guild we should have a Discord or something to potentially do some raids now that they're out, is everyone on the BG discord and I should just join that?

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

I think most people are? but there's not a War of da viz-ions channel. I'd much rather share my Cocoaa Flans with the guild then randos.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The WotV discord is in the random ass gacha section of BG discord.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Most of us in the channel cycle through several gachas, but WotV is definitely one of them. I would say the majority of the active folks there play it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Someone convince me not to make this Ras Algethi assault and make a crit one instead please. Please save me from assault seal hell.

Edit: The only WoTV player in the gacha channel that isn't in one of the two BG guilds is Lani, who is a BG poster.

Edit 2: I just made a @WoTV role that anyone should be able to add themselves to (if you can't, PM me) that we can use to tag for raids and stuff. I'm currently at like raid level 65 so I will only be opening mine to Meds only unless somebody has a reliably strat with Lucias. Orlando/others fall off very, very fast in this raid.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I never posted my friend code idt and you can only share to guild/friends/randoms so please add me if you haven't and are confident that you can clear at least lv50+ raids.

Edit: I don't want to triple post but figure I'll give some info for people.

61+ raids are no joke. You will need 3-4x Mediena chaining ice spells or some combo of lucia(s) + other DPS that hasn't really quite worked out yet in the runs I've done with Jinn/Arus to test.

If you don't finish a run in time you can burn an orb to start off where you left off. I think this is going to be required for raids 71+ unless whales or 4x 99 meds. Just giving this info so people have some time to figure out their priorities for what to farm / who to build / what resonance to do before this is over.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We've been doing runs in Howl's guild with 3x Fred/Lucia/Ryus and a steal time thief, usually Mia. Boss takes one turn to move up, then never gets another turn while the gunners spam double/quad shot to build chains. Usually at least one Lucia to cap off the chain with dual trigger for 20k damage. We haven't gotten to a level where we can build enough of a chain for quad shot to do more than that yet. Gunners take the first 1-2 turns buffing/building AP by shooting adds or boss, thief gets into position out of line of site of gunners to steal time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

We've been doing runs in Howl's guild with 3x Fred/Lucia/Ryus and a steal time thief, usually Mia. Boss takes one turn to move up, then never gets another turn while the gunners spam double/quad shot to build chains. Usually at least one Lucia to cap off the chain with dual trigger for 20k damage. We haven't gotten to a level where we can build enough of a chain for quad shot to do more than that yet. Gunners take the first 1-2 turns buffing/building AP by shooting adds or boss, thief gets into position out of line of site of gunners to steal time.
    What level raid are you guys at? I think I'm the only one in the current interested group of raid-runners with a serviceable lucia but there might be some freds. I'm about to hit lv71 and my last 4x 89 Med finished with 3 turns left. Starting to get iffy.

Also, assault or crit Ras for lucia?

Edit: Thanks for this strat. Worked well with a pretty ragtag setup at lv71 flan.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The highest I've taken part in was 45 but I know there's some in the 60s, maybe higher. I've been house hunting the past two days, so I'm just at a paulty 22 myself. For Ras, Assault is strictly better, but highly RNG dependent. You might have to recraft it a dozen+ times to get RNG on your side, or you go one and done. Crit is a safe bet if you don't want to potentially end up in a black hole. And yeah, Lucia destroys this raid. Mines only 79 but more than easily beats my 99 Fred.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The highest I've taken part in was 45 but I know there's some in the 60s, maybe higher. I've been house hunting the past two days, so I'm just at a paulty 22 myself. For Ras, Assault is strictly better, but highly RNG dependent. You might have to recraft it a dozen+ times to get RNG on your side, or you go one and done. Crit is a safe bet if you don't want to potentially end up in a black hole. And yeah, Lucia destroys this raid. Mines only 79 but more than easily beats my 99 Fred.
    Doing right now with 89 Lucia / 65(?) Lucia / 96 Ryu / 74 Yerma (for ST) and we're like 50/50 on getting it in 1 round at lv74 now. I think /THF ST sucks and just finagling the turn order a bit.

Is ST efficacy faith dependent? I suspect it is...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think that's why we've been using Mia. Only a R unit but decent Agi and she can use her first turn to burn Mont's TMR ability to speed up herself and the gunners. Once in place, the Thf has to monitor the turn order and determine if standing still, moving, using an action, or both is best. Ideally, ST will want to be used when the boss has the most CT since it just flat halves it. Getting her turn right before the boss when they're at 90 CT versus spamming it when the boss just moved and has 10 CT makes a huge difference. If the Thf doesn't know, doing nothing on a turn leaves you with 40 CT, moving or using an action leaves you at 20, and doing both leaves you at 0. As for faith, I'm not 100% sure, but I'd assume it does.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

We did not know that it flat halves it. That is useful. Been spamming it on CD. Thanks!