Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

500 Gems to create a guild. Ya'll better appreciate - Bluegartr is up, spelled just like that. Just request join and I'll approve.

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ObM/edit#gid=0

Just adding peoples BG names, wotv names, and friend codes.

request access if you want to edit and stuff

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Player ID: 2426096512 if you want to add me. Also reiterate, I've created a guild - Bluegartr - ya'll can join any time. Once you unlock guild just search it by name. If I get bored and quit I'll pass leader before I do so don't worry about me letting it rot.

Edit: Also from what I'm reading I'm not liking what I've seen about how this games lining up to be...

https://www.reddit.com/r/wotv_ffbe/c...ay1_jp_player/

Pretty much suggest unless you've stockpiled about 60k with of Visore its not really worth pulling on limited time characters. Orlandeau/TGCid is apparently one such limited time only unit. So Final Fantasy characters won't be permanent additions to the roster?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah that's not terribly uncommon for these types of games. If you stay on top of activities and control yourself, you can get the big units every so often. But they want people to whale so they make money on big meta units. I'm unsure if I want to save up for Orlandu or not, but don't fully understand what the meta of this game will be about going forward. My issue will be if they do some of the shit that they did in TAC, namely taking off multi-step guarantees (used to be that 3rd pull would basically always give you one of the 2-4 units 'featured' on the banner) and they also put in hard mode fights that you literally could not use units for except a few story-based ones, and units recently featured on banners. So if you weren't pulling out the ass every month, you couldn't even pop together a team to take out the new content. They also released a global exclusive unit that was 100% broken AF and seemed to tune content around her before they went through with some nerfs of her.

If I can grind and min/max my favored team to still beat content, I'll probably stick with the game. If they make it so it's whale or I can't beat fights, I'm out.

Also there's a 24 hour lockout after leaving a guild, so I'll be requesting in about 24 hours to join, lol.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thirding Another Eden.

And ah yes, you're referring to Roxanne.

Starting to feel the grind with 2nd awakenings (Seemingly get 1 T2 drop per stage, needing 50) and JL5 upgrades. Fire stage is also inexplicably worse to farm because it's like 10 mobs while the others only seem to have 4 or 5. Since this pretty much screams "Spam multiplayer" because of overall energy cost per character and being lucky a MP game doesn't take 5m, I'm not sure how long I'll be in this for.

That said, I'm super annoyed at Chain reqs for stage objectives since I wound up spreading my team over different elements, and subsequently different weapon types. Wouldn't be so bad if multi-hit skills were more common, but I tend to have to pray 2 of my 5 characters can act 2-3 times before a chosen mob, or that it doesn't die.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah currently chain mechanics are annoying because my team has basically no shared elements or weapons, so I'm skipping for now. Nox is broken on this, switched to Bluestacks and I'll be grinding awakenings and see if I end up hating it.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Turning effects off makes this shit go so much better. Only downside is it's not universal and has to be done manually per battle

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    Yeah that's not terribly uncommon for these types of games. If you stay on top of activities and control yourself, you can get the big units every so often. But they want people to whale so they make money on big meta units. I'm unsure if I want to save up for Orlandu or not, but don't fully understand what the meta of this game will be about going forward. My issue will be if they do some of the shit that they did in TAC, namely taking off multi-step guarantees (used to be that 3rd pull would basically always give you one of the 2-4 units 'featured' on the banner) and they also put in hard mode fights that you literally could not use units for except a few story-based ones, and units recently featured on banners. So if you weren't pulling out the ass every month, you couldn't even pop together a team to take out the new content. They also released a global exclusive unit that was 100% broken AF and seemed to tune content around her before they went through with some nerfs of her.

If I can grind and min/max my favored team to still beat content, I'll probably stick with the game. If they make it so it's whale or I can't beat fights, I'm out.

Also there's a 24 hour lockout after leaving a guild, so I'll be requesting in about 24 hours to join, lol.
    You're right, of course. I just usually avoid the kind of games that directly link your character progression to $$ or Duplicate Pulls. Even the 7* Meta in FFBE kinda sucked for me but it wasn't nearly this bad. No point crying over spilled milk though, I'll save up and see how "bad" it is myself.

Also - Woke up this morning and accepted what requests I had for the guild. Had 2 I didn't recognize, both in foreign language (Its Japanese/Chinese/Korean/something), accepted anyway because its a big guild.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    You're right, of course. I just usually avoid the kind of games that directly link your character progression to $$ or Duplicate Pulls. Even the 7* Meta in FFBE kinda sucked for me but it wasn't nearly this bad. No point crying over spilled milk though, I'll save up and see how "bad" it is myself.

Also - Woke up this morning and accepted what requests I had for the guild. Had 2 I didn't recognize, both in foreign language (Its Japanese/Chinese/Korean/something), accepted anyway because its a big guild.
    As long as they don't make content you MUST have the latest flavor unit for, I'm not too assed about it. As well, this game should technically be a lot better off than some other games because they don't need to license out these limited characters. Eventually Orlandu will come back on a banner. I'm not sure if I'll be saving for Orlandu, I lack a great physical DPS though so I probably should. But there will be some hyped characters I ignore and don't really care about. We'll see how bad they do balance/powercreep, though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Turning effects off makes this shit go so much better. Only downside is it's not universal and has to be done manually per battle
    Nope! This is also an option in battle settings, scroll down below where the auto battle settings are.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    Nope! This is also an option in battle settings, scroll down below where the auto battle settings are.
    Didn't bother to check that part out. Now to mindlessly farm awakening mats because that's the long haul

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Just sent a Guild request as 'omni' 1947727926

Thanks!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Didn't bother to check that part out. Now to mindlessly farm awakening mats because that's the long haul
    Yeah, the auto battle isn't that amazing, but it removes a lot of the hassle of the grind because I just click to embark again while I'm alt tabbed doing other things.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Enjoying this well enough. The grind is real, so I don't think I'll ever take it very seriously like I have FFBE, but as a side game to burn energy on, it's alright. Definitely too much busy work and RNG in the game though. The crafting and levels of weapons are really off putting, specially with the RNG growth they have. Unlike other games, getting the character isn't enough. If you're going to F2P or dolphin it up, you don't spend randomly, you hoard and blow 40k~ on a banner and the prisms for the unit you want.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I will say they at least fixed their biggest problem in TAC where I was actively trying to kill that one main character for being an insufferable whiney bitch in chapter 1.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I dunno, maybe I missed something with the story, but I'm finding it all really awkward. Princess and her guard trespass on Leonis land, so now they do what she says, and she's a little double speaking twat to the king and his son? I'm in chapter 3 now and I don't even really know what the goal or current objective is in the story.

There's a fair bit of reverse psychology going on when it comes to people trying to motivate Mont to be greater than he is. With mention of being a Guardian, emphasis on protecting the line that seems to go beyond mere royalty, and fortunetelling being present, I imagine there's some degree of shared prophecy that each realm has and acting toward. Oelde cockblocking Sterne at every opportunity would also seemingly suggest some forewarned knowledge, as it's obviously led him to what's looking like betrayal from what I've gotten to so far.

That said, yeah, the grind is a tad steep. Finished awakening my main units 2 times now, but jobs have fallen behind in part because the common blue component just isn't dropping enough and you need like 75 of them per job. Some of my chars are also going to be stuck at JL6 for a while because their shard quests happen to be like L45+ stages.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Found some useful things from reddit

"Don't Take These Abilities If You Want To Auto" - A (Translated) Guide
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wotv_ffbe/c...ant_to_auto_a/

MORE Tips from a Day-1 JP Player
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wotv_ffbe/c...ay1_jp_player/

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Are any of you Leon, Lyle, Tyrone or WDdrc? We've got 3 spots left in the guild and i have 4 standing invites. I'd like to take on any of you before I fill up