+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

ya ill just wait not giving up feeding jp to my units with this rando guild im in

game is good though, its like a mix of e7 and ffbe

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    FML got Thancred from one of the tickets.

Really don’t want to use the resources on him, but, bleach.
    I mean no pressure TBH. He falls off hard unless you basically max LB him. Plus he's got that premium value (I.E his shards cost 2x as much as other UR's). I'd just laugh him to the bench but if you get lucky on pulls more cheers!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I feel like Gumi is looking at my history with FFBE and tempting me. Pulled two Thancreds from FFXIV tickets and multiple shards. Sitting at a Thancred + 70 shards with 0 investment into him.

Yeah, just let him rot if you're tight on resources. It probably won't be for a while, but I would expect a rerun of the event eventually. Honestly, it's kind of stupid they dropped it on us week one, but c'est la Gumi. Meanwhile, need a 2x fire day to roll around so I can awaken my Magritte more. Finding S3 MP rooms can be hard enough. S5 is probably gonna suck more, especially with leeches. Otherwise, some of these monthly quests are stupid with their whale reqs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm going to download this with no intention of taking it seriously because it is cashgrab whale bait that is only going to get worse.

Who should I look out for unit-wise?

Right now, I'd say Mediana (ice) and Sterne (dark).

Whether or not you play the reroll game, I would highly advise picking one person per element of the group you settle on simply due to limited resource availability. Mont is decent, so he'll occupy Earth materials. Otherwise, the game isn't really hard enough yet that using MR units is a detriment. Of my own personal picks, though, I probably regret choosing Meriluke (lightning) the most, but she's also the least of my main I've invest job farming toward. Like Alchemist Code, ranged characters seem to have a pretty big advantage at the moment, which Med excels at as a mage while Sterne can unlock Shuriken if you get his Ninja sub. Healers aren't really needed right now, either, so they can be a secondary priority if you happen to roll one.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'll just post my box once I get through all the free shit at the beginning that I assume will be thrown at me. I am not rerolling.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I'll just post my box once I get through all the free shit at the beginning that I assume will be thrown at me. I am not rerolling.

Okay now how do I play this shit

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Is there a BG guild?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Meanwhile, need a 2x fire day to roll around so I can awaken my Magritte more. Finding S3 MP rooms can be hard enough. S5 is probably gonna suck more, especially with leeches.
    I need the same for Magritte and Y'shotola. I don't know which day fire is double drops, but whenever it is, I'd be down to split some runs with you. IIRC, during the multi tutorial, it was mentioned that you could do doubles, but I dunno how.

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Is there a BG guild?
    There is, but it's full atm. Unless anyone goes inactive or quits, we prolly won't have more space for 2~ weeks. Leveling statues is pretty slow. The monthly event has a lot of items to upgrade em though, maybe it'll speed it up.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Your teams a little UR heavy. UR are great units, don't get me wrong, but unless you plan on Whaling the fuck out of the game you'll be pretty impeded by Ranking them up/Limit Breaking them. I'd find some MR you enjoy maybe even an SR (Theres a SR Time Mage who's pretty top tier for 1) Being a time mage and 2) Being SR so comparatively easy to Limit Break).

There are a lot of decent MR units who are a bit easier to Awaken/LB that are good units. I know Owen is one, the Dark Gunner dude (Rairyuu?), Ysh'tola is fine because of how "easy" it is to get her LB Shards if you spend a couple gold at the shops here and there.

You can keep that time, I'm just saying when it comes to Awakening/Limit Breaking you're going to be hurting a lot, and eventually its going to hold you back in content. (If I had to recommend who to focus on, It'd be Mediena, shes wonderfully good)
    So, right now I have my main force: Engelbert 40/40. Xizu 45/45, Frederika 50/50, Medeina 40/40, and Yshtola 53/80. All of them have their available jobs at LVL. 6. I put together an all MR party as well, per consideration, that I am working on. Which consists of Mont, Shadowlynx, Rairyuu, Fina, and Yshtola.

As I started building them up I'm noticing, the materials are really much different than the UR's. Maybe SLIGHTLY less. Awakenings still take the same types of materials. And LB's take the same types of materials too. Only reason I was able to get Yshtola max LB is because the event fed us her character shards like they were water.

Shards from MR's are still kinda rare too, unless your pulling 10 banners like a maniac. I'm still gonna build them up, always good to have more characters on hand. but it doesn't seem like they are going to go up on level cap that much faster than my UR's unless they get their own event.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    So, right now I have my main force: Engelbert 40/40. Xizu 45/45, Frederika 50/50, Medeina 40/40, and Yshtola 53/80. All of them have their available jobs at LVL. 6. I put together an all MR party as well, per consideration, that I am working on. Which consists of Mont, Shadowlynx, Rairyuu, Fina, and Yshtola.

As I started building them up I'm noticing, the materials are really much different than the UR's. Maybe SLIGHTLY less. Awakenings still take the same types of materials. And LB's take the same types of materials too. Only reason I was able to get Yshtola max LB is because the event fed us her character shards like they were water.

Shards from MR's are still kinda rare too, unless your pulling 10 banners like a maniac. I'm still gonna build them up, always good to have more characters on hand. but it doesn't seem like they are going to go up on level cap that much faster than my UR's unless they get their own event.
    MR shards are rare, but compare their drop rates to UR's, and their Shop Prices which is where you'll get the most shards TBH, especially compared to "Premium URs" like Thancrad and Gilgamesh, and the differences are clear. Unless you're just super lucky you'll get MR Dupes quicker than UR Dupes, long run considered. Or you go HAM and dump resources on a specific banner which I think falls under my original comment of "Focusing on one".

I didn't mean to imply it would be super easy, its just you know... less difficult. If you want to build a 6 UR Team and ride the winds as far as you can, do it, though I'd really recommend you spread elements (I.E try not to have two of the same element UR, they share Awakening Mats).

Looking like Leon is approaching 2d inactive in guild. Not sure if he's anyone here, but never bothered to set companion units, either. So, I'm gonna venture a guess he dropped the game. Will let Karb decide to kick if we're still waiting on someone. Everyone else at least seems to be maintaining a daily play.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

@SathFenrir - You have Mediena which is one of the best URs. Really good for no rerolls. I suggest focusing on her. Besides that, play through the story mode and try to finish it (it goes up to Chapter 5 currently). Story mode is one of the only ways to increase rank. Finally, since you have Mediena, find a companion Fina (light attribute) and use Cheer on Mediena to increase her Faith which increases magic damage (try to get it to 97 which is the max you can permanently increase to). If Fina’s Cheer is at level 11 or higher, it will increase Faith permanently by 1. If it’s lower than level 11, you may have to use her Cheer multiple times to permanently increase Faith.

And also about URs vs MRs, besides shards you’ll be really limited with elemental prisms later on. Personally, my team consists of Ayaka, Engel, Shadowlynx (only MR), Frederika, and Xiza. I found the stat gap between UR and MR (and SR) to be really noticeable. Shadowlynx (and Y'shtola when I was using her) kept dying a ton. Even if you don’t upgrade UR, I found using UR even at lower levels better than MRs. Though, it’s still not bad to limit break MRs and below since you’ll finish missions to unlock rank points which increase your max NRG, friend list, etc.

Some MRs and SRs are really good at higher levels (Phoebe is good for her abilities but not on auto for example) but it’s also fine to just use a team full of URs (especially for auto) since URs have higher stats on average.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius (Android/iOS) - Tactical RPG - 2019

I havent updated my box, but I've been playing through so I'd take an invite to the guild. I can drop this random one I joined. This game is stupid but I'll be playing for a while at least. Gonna update this post from my phone with the last pics I took of my team.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    I dunno, maybe I missed something with the story, but I'm finding it all really awkward. Princess and her guard trespass on Leonis land, so now they do what she says, and she's a little double speaking twat to the king and his son? I'm in chapter 3 now and I don't even really know what the goal or current objective is in the story.
    I finished the missions just a few days ago, and it seems all setup for later. So far, I am enjoying it simply because of the character interactions. Salire and Adelard seem interesting. The thing I enjoy is I guess how the characters try to jump on another. It’s basically shonen in that you’re going through the story just to see who beats who.

Regardless, I always enjoy games that give some vague reason as to why the characters are even fighting each other. I enjoy Street Fighter and Tekken’s story mode. WotV does a decent enough job here, and I guess we’ll see how the story goes. But yes, this is some Tekken level of story mode (not sure if anything make sense yet but you’ll be here just to see who’s the strongest fighter of them all).

I’m someone that got tired of FFBE’s content loop but actually enjoyed the story events. As long as there is banging music playing, character saying dramatic speeches before battle, etc, then it’s all enjoyable to me.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It kinda opened up as I progressed more. I had said the wrong thing in that post, I was actually on chapter one, scene 3. XD By chapter 3, it was understandable. Some things still rub me weirdly, like Sterne's sudden murderous turn. Can definitely agree with it playing out like a Shonen so far.

Funny enough, I hate FFBE's story events. I think it's just the idea that lore and story are tied to a limited event. I always procrastinate those events so badly.

My team is coming along pretty well. Got Sterne, Engle, Fred, Y'shtola, Mort, Ryu, and Magritte all enhanced up to some degree and all 50+. Stern and Mort are both 6*, my roadblock now is azure orbs for the MRs and rainbow frags. Making further progress on Fred and Engle as shards become available. Been working on job levels, but I might take a break from that and focus on the FFXIV event grinding. We're getting a week of double quest drops starting 4/8.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Got Xiza to 40 then decided to yolo pull for Shadowlynx and got her. Going to halt Xiza here and use the better looking of the 2 pretty much identical characters.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Looking like Leon is approaching 2d inactive in guild. Not sure if he's anyone here, but never bothered to set companion units, either. So, I'm gonna venture a guess he dropped the game. Will let Karb decide to kick if we're still waiting on someone. Everyone else at least seems to be maintaining a daily play.
    I see him logging in at least once a day. I'll double check tomorrow to see if he's sending Guild Gifts, cause I noticed I think 1 or 2 people aren't "Attending" every day and if he's one of them I'll remove him as if thats the case it would appear as if he's on "Log in for bonuses and nothing else" status which is usually a step out the door.

Don't be like me and spend visore updating the statue because the menu position resets after using one of the statue items.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast