Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I usually spend 100 a day on it, two 50's. But yah it threw me off today when I tried to use the items lol.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Maintenance going on right now as they are apparently going to release a new banner in about 3-4 hours from this post. I’ve nearly maxed out Frederika with everything I was able to obtain. You only have about enough rainbow materials (assuming F2P) to awaken just one character to max right now, so choose wisely. In FFBE, I never bothered waiting and just went yolo on a lot of stuff (Sacred Shield Charlotte coming out? Nah, I ended up just going all out for Swimsuit banner even though I already had Sylvie). I picked Frederika just because she was the first major banner with shards to buy after Sterne (plus I want a range character or one with good movement for auto farming), and she’s kind of decent (though Medienas are definitely doing more). Frederika definitely trades a lot of damage for range but she does have absurd range compared to any other character right now. According to JP Tier list, Frederika is considered 9.0 while Mediena is 9.5.

I really like this game right now, and it has a lot of QoL improvements over FFBE (story skip tickets and UI improvements are really nice). I really enjoyed FFBE but I felt like I was spending more time just managing inventory and then trying to farm for specific elemental resistances than actually playing the game. Still, I do think the character customization in FFBE is better than WotV but we’ll see how that goes in a few months when they start adding newer gear and maybe newer mechanics.

As for the story again, I really do enjoy it. It’s a gacha, so there’s a lot of times where the story just tries to introduce like 20+ characters at once, give them some vague motivation and personality, and go from there. So, it’s a lot more understandable why they do this (it’s not really traditional FF like story where they go slower with fewer characters). It’s even more faster than FFBE “but” in contrast to FFBE, a lot of minor characters and supporting characters get decent screen time which is something I like.

I wasn’t sure if I was going to stick with this game or not (I quit FFBE last summer) but the missions are actually kind of enjoyable, and it’s like playing an old school FF game again (with VOs too which is neat). I guess we’ll see how it goes to see if I get tired of this game.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I need to add you fam I think. I'll drop my friend code in here after maint is done.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

My biggest gripe right now is how I'm cockblocked on high end awakenings because of things you absolutely need to whale, or just wait a long time for. I'm level capped on almost all my UR units, and half the MR units I'm working on, because I can't LB/awaken them anymore, and that's just a slow ass process. But it's not that big of a deal simply because there's no content out there I'm having issue with (I can auto the final EX XIV battle so yeah), but I love progression and it's frustrating being blocked from it.

Yeah, can't 7* my Magritte because 2 of the fire mat types simply don't exist outside of mission rewards or whaling. And while it's true there's not really anything super difficult in-game yet, they will have to loosen up on this choke hold on materials if they ever intend to invoke arena rules, expect people to field full elemental teams, or even just use a niche unit for some quest/mission purpose.

Anyway, new event isn't rough if you've been keeping up since launch. Ex1 is harder than Ex2, imo, but that's just because it's literally like a dozen bombs and your party gets spread out. 2 is just a smaller number of higher HP wolves, but they don't hit too hard and the event sampler axe chick could easily solo it from the looks of it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

An event where Frederika shines. Just did Ex1 (all missions at once), and Frederika basically manage to carry (she can shoot far and away around the hills). I managed to get 4 bombs at once with Sidewinder (in most battles, I can never get enemies to align that well).

Also, be careful in case you use auto battle as there’s a 10 ability limit (if you are aiming to get all mission objectives at the same time) for Ex1 mission objectives (the Bombs). Ex2 is definitely easier in comparison.

It doesn’t seem this event has currencies to farm like FFXIV (you just do both Ex and the objectives). I think it’s like equipment recipe event where you just farm for items.

So far, I am not regretting going all out on Frederika but obviously I think Mediena users will have it easier since they can probably AoE clear everything easily.

The story for the event is extremely simplistic and just serves as an excuse to give the characters some personality (it’s not as in depth as FFBE’s story events so far). I’m honestly curious if they’ll show up in the main story since it seems even minor characters all appeared in the main story.

I definitely agree with everyone there could be more to do to get mats and progress. I suppose it’s balanced by the fact in FFBE, you had to gacha for 7 Star units, but in FFBE you always had materia or TMRs or whatever to try to farm. The game currently doesn’t have too many events to farm but I am enjoying the foundations so far (hopefully there’s more stuff to do in the future).

For now, you can do the FFXIV events for currency and buy extra mats (the elemental awakening ones reset daily I think). If you haven’t already, clear all the mission objectives for FFXIV event since they give the most currency. Then the level 60 trial can reward 200+ per 30 NRG run (which isn’t great but is something to spend it on if you really need the items from the FFXIV event shop).

I'd argue you they don't give us nearly enough energy to spam the XIV event, but I've also said it shouldn't have come at launch, either. Would be dumb to do that with double story stage drops, anyway. Getting mains to JL12 should probably be the focus for everyone atm, even if you technically can't unlock them due to LBs. Excess can at least go to future alts while hoping they squeak in another story update with mission rewards once XIV's gone.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We have a spot open in the guild. I removed the Leon fellow as it looks firmly like he just doesn't play... If you request an invite please someone know because I don't recognize all your names right away.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Extremely useful tool to determine the best quest to grind for mats. You can input all the mats you're needing and it'll show which ones provide the most that you're looking for.

https://wotvfarmcalculator.github.io/

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ObM/edit#gid=0

more names/numbers for my doc pls, I'm purging people from my friends lists that already dropped the game.

Edit: Thanks for carrying my team through the hard times Mal xD you're a monster.

re: Farming

Don't let a listed stage with double drops be enough to convince that it's a good. "Shinobi of Fennes" for example, may double on some drops, but there are only 3 mobs in the stage. As a result, you may walk away with only 1 drop as I have before. Right now, I'd say specific job memories should be the priority, and if you can get an alcryst or other material to coincide, awesome. And while I'd say not many stages have more than 5 mobs, if you can target those, you're probably being more stamina efficient in the long term even you're getting things you don't need right now.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

A few of us on the BG discord are doing a guild since the main one is full, if you need a spot info is below or hit me up on discord : Kaneos#6758

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

I believe we're working on the Lion statue to go from 25->26 slots now. slow process :/

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We've got 1 free slot right now though last I checked, if anyone wants in.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

is thancred worth spending energy pots to grind for? or is he whale fodder only?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Job orbs are something else in this game. I've gone through 400 energy chasing yellow ninja orbs for Fred, and I'm at zilch. Comparatively, Sterne's yellow orbs didn't take that much. Just RNG swinging wildly in the opposite direction I guess. At least I'll never have need for the other mats from these stages. XD

As I typed that up, finally got my first drop. Just gotta complain, like an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfinn View Post
    is thancred worth spending energy pots to grind for? or is he whale fodder only?
    Pretty much whale territory. You need 600 shards to LB5 him, and only..80? can be bought through the shop for tomes. The rest, you'd have to buy from the summon coins or with visiore from the shop, which you'll need a lot of refreshes to get. You can also get him and the shards from the FFXIV ticket summons, but they're rare.

As a character, he's not bad, but many seem to say he's not worth the investment. Others say to just LB3 him so you can unlock all of this stuff, but I've seen he falls off hard and isn't that useful if you go that route. There's also the concern of his weapon, as he can only use gunblades, so you'd also have to invest heavily into the weapon recipes in the shop, and go through the trouble of the crafting system.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The crafting system in this game is a special kind of terrible

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I absolutely HATE equipment crafting. Its too complicated and its very poorly explained. I understand the gist of it, which is why I hate it.

+1/2/3/etc on top of awakenings is really where the system shits on itself.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfinn View Post
    Even if you grind out event currency, you're unlikely to be able to get him beyond LB3, where he will stay forever unless they rerun the FFXIV collab. And at this point, it's unlikely you'll get enough of his shards to LB him further, even if you're willing to buy with Visiore (his shards are twice as expensive).

And regardless of his LB state, he will still cost all the normal Awakening materials, which are better spent on units you could theoretically fully LB (like Engelbert). So unless you have a thing for him, and are also willing to invest a disproportionate amount of resources for him, I would skip.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast