Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have a level 94 Vadim I’ve been building for Mug and steal time.

Edit: also the description for steal time is “Halves Targets CT and raises own AGI for 3 turns.” Though I’d be lying if I said I didn’t just figure that out too.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bit more on the strategy front, if you're running with a 4 man premade for missile comps, Vow/Ifrit, Fred's Dream, Tetra Sylph (if running Lucia), and Greetings from Afar (flan is aquatic) are pretty much the best setup. Thf may need some extra agility from a Secret Orders and/or someone running the Ramza card to keep pace with the boss. For Espers, both Ramuh and Tetra have aquatic killer, but that can be a pain to respec with the visiore cost. Not a super huge investment, but may be needed at much higher levels.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm not sure any level of X-eater is worth the loss of agi/dex/atk from not having esper resonance (unless you do already have resonance with those ones). My Lucia has max resonance with ifrit from leveling her so just using that, working on her resonance for odin rn.

At lv89 raids now. The smooth runs are still 5-6 turns left with 2 lucia in the lv70 range still. I've been using castle hourne (or w/e it is) for myself for 30% ATK and letting others run vow/fred/greeting. Don't think any of us have pulled sylph. Maxing out at 20k dmg on dual trigger with buff up on myself at like 6-7 chain. You are right that quad shot never comes close to catching up to DT once the chain is beyond like 3~4.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What kind of rewards do you get at that range?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's 730 victory reward for host at 91 now.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Kinda makes me want to do the event more. Rewards are so shit at lower levels I'd had pretty much stopped caring.

It's definitely better at the top end, but then the game's progression system literally fucks people out of having a wider variety of characters to make it more feasible to do. I have no Med or Lucia, so I had to gimp it up with my Rairyuu with Sath yesterday. Just kind of absurd he does 2x per normal shot before factoring in abilities since MR stat growth can be butt. Overall, I'd put it on part with FFBE's raids in the "not really fun grind" scale, just now with the TAC engine.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My biggest complaint is the orb system. The free 20 a day is cool and all on paper, but in reality, it means you need to blitz 20 guest runs ASAP so you can start building more orbs every hour for the rest of the day. For those that can no life it, it leads to great rewards. For anyone else, it's a massive time sink and toll. I'd love for them to ditch the 20 free guest runs, boost drops by 5x or something, and go from there. I like the first run free for the host.

As for other units to use, it's not pretty or efficient, but it's plenty doable as long as the team is on the same page. Take a Gilg, 2x Orlandeaus, Thf - Gilg debuffs slash resist with Kotetsu, Cids break defense/lightning resist, Thf STs, spam away. 3x Ramza and a Thf all chaining triple strike along with ST. A Thf is the biggest piece of the puzzle IMO. The DPS, as long as they're working together to chain/boost each other, can do something with it. You may not clear in one try, but that's ok. If anything, for guest runs, it's great. You could take part in multiple different runs, and once that host gets the kill, you'll still get the clear rewards. The flan doesn't have to be killed in your run to get the end rewards.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I haven't used the 20 free orbs at all any day yet. I HATE joining random raids in pretty much all gacha. I haven't done any raids but my own since this started.

Once friends / guildies get higher I will but fuck joining randoms I hate even having randoms in my own runs.

Also a useful gilg is kinda more prohibitive than med/lucia imo. Unless he's viable at like lv55 or so. I'm at lv100 now and random runs are starting to be "did somebody fuck up the order once? okay we lose." Had a really good run going earlier 3x Lucia + Xiza and the Xiza locked me out of being able to land my shot on the boss at like chain 7-8, which would've been 20k dmg, so we ended up failing by like 6k. Just from 1 turn fuck up.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, body blocking or a bad Thf really jacks runs. :/ I had a really great random run last night, lvl 89, 3x Lucia and a Yarma. The host was using the emotes to dictate what they wanted each person to do, and everyone listened lol. Was using target this one to snipe the adds, heal to buff, and make a chain to attack the boss. Was pretty surprising and fun. I have no experience with 100+ yet, but I'd imagine it gets pretty hairy. Some of our Thfs have had issues in the 80+ range due to the boss becoming so much faster.

Also a useful gilg is kinda more prohibitive than med/lucia imo.
    Not advocating for Gilg, just that if a group only had slash based users, him debuffing slash resistance for slash chains to hit harder would be workable. Random Medi or Lucia wouldn't match such a comp.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

FWIW 4x Lucia is actually working okay at 104 right now. Thief is great but at least this works.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

A new bit of "so that's how it works..." - If you wait until the last minute to run a raid, the timer is a hard ending to the raid. So if you popped a flan 11 hours and 55 minutes ago, and you make a room, you'll have up until the 12 hour mark to kill the flan, or you'll auto fail. We had someone launch one that had 2 minutes to go and we had a countdown timer on screen showing us when it'd end. One of our Lucia rushed too much and Quad shot someone in the back of the head, so it was a cluster fuck lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just did my 112. Things are officially hard. Base AGI of boss is 85+ maybe 90ish. CritEVA / EVA / DEF starting to really go up. ATK way up. Needed to switch to armor.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Taken from Discord and posted with permission from @SathFenrir:
    Lunatic High is now recruiting!

Name: Lunatic High
    Type: Extremely Hardcore Top 30 PvP guild
    Members: 26/28
    Requirements: Lvl 99 UR units, high activity & coordination (co-leader coordinates guild war battles)

Name: Lunar Cry
    Type: Semi-Competitive (Casual) Rising Star
    Members: 25/28
    Requirements: Level 79+ units, high activity & positive attitude with a desire to grow and learn from the best of the best (training a guild war coordinator)

"We are a semi-new guild forged by the core team responsible for creating one of the strongest top 2 guilds in WOTV & the only guild to have beaten the current #1 guild on this [ranger] map. In less than 2 weeks our new guild has shot up hundreds of ranks from gold 1 to platinum 2 with a perfect win streak [ya not on new map w] and will only continue to rise into the top 10 as other guilds freefall into oblivion due to lack of activity and lazy leadership."

If you're interested in joining a super fresh & positive community with no egomaniacs, drama or private councils along with an open management system where all members & their contributions are valued equally then send me a DM

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just wanna throw down in here that Kaneos is a petulant child and I would not have sex with him

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was gonna gonna come in here and make some post clearing the air

but you are dying from cancer, what more can I really say?

if you really think I rage quit over a shitty game like wotv thats on you. The truth is I just applied to the first guild that had my time zone in the sinoalice channel

look at my post count, look at my history

i barely even come here, if it was 2009 maybe I would care about your threats to ban me

Im just moving on

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Oh no not bringing up my cancer what a zinger

I may have cancer, but at least I have peace in knowing that I've never had to live my life in the shoes of someone as low T as yourself. Thank you for bringing me the closure I needed to meet the reaper

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

A) who threatened to ban you?

B) why did you fully quit a discord you have been a member of for years if you weren’t rage quitting?

I sent you a PM apologizing for how the WoTV guild thing went down but that was before all this. This is...to call it silly would be overly generous. I’ve always liked you before this so I’ll leave it there.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Ya'll take your addictive gatcha too far.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Six month bump. Game is still fun enough and updated plenty, but there's just not that much to really discuss in a forum setting. Dunno if anyone else is still playing, but if so and you're needing an active guild, got a diamond 1 guild with 5 slots open.