WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Discussion Thread II

Onslaught Expansion Announced, Coming September 2019
    2 New Planets, 1 New Flashpoint & Operation, Level Cap Raise
    Inventory Improvements, New Abilities, Tactical Gear Introduced

Spoiler: show

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Onslaught puts you at the center of the reignited war between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. Will you remain loyal to your faction or work to undermine and sabotage their war efforts? The choice is yours.

Explore two new planets, a new Flashpoint on the war-torn world of Corellia, a new Operation set in the lush jungles of Dxun and more! Reap the spoils of war with reworked itemization, an increased level cap, and new abilities. Star Wars: The Old Republic: Onslaught is coming September 2019, free to all subscribers!

The War Reignites!

War between the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire blazes across the galaxy. Crucial resources dwindle as piracy and crime escalate dramatically. Amid this chaos, the Alliance Commander has the chance to tip the scales in favor of either faction, committing their elite forces to decide the fate of the galaxy.

As the Sith Empire prepares to make a decisive strike against a newly-constructed Republic shipyard on the planet Corellia, members of the Dark Council see victory on the horizon and begin plotting against one another in anticipation of the spoils. Meanwhile, Republic forces must race against time to muster reinforcements from across the galaxy in order to defend Corellia from the Sith.

A Classic from the Old Republic

The search for allies leads to Onderon, a planet of untamed jungles and savage beasts. For centuries, Onderon has been a loyal member of the Republic – but will the planet’s newly-crowned King maintain that ancient allegiance?

Galactic Crossroads

Travel to Mek-Sha, an independent fueling station and boomtown built in the hollows of a mined-out asteroid once controlled by the Hutts. This lawless den of smugglers, pirates, mercenaries, traders, and refugees has become a crossroads for the entire galaxy – a place where opportunity and danger can be found in equal measure.

Return to Corellia

In the dramatic finale of the expansion storyline, you will see Corellia like never before! This new Flashpoint will bring players to a new area on the classic SWTOR planet Corellia for both solo and group players.

Play with Friends

Dxun, Onderon’s largest moon, is teeming with wild jungle-life – drawing the attention of the unscrupulous Czerka Corporation as well as a band of fanatical Trandoshan hunters. The Operation will be available at launch, so gather your friends and prepare for one of the galaxy’s greatest challenges!

The Spoils of War

Our philosophy for this expansion is, play your way. Items have always been an important part of your character’s identity, but for the first time we are offering true depth and choice with exciting new items that let you decide how to play in the upcoming battle.

One of the ways that we’re adding this depth is with an entirely new type of gear slot – Tactical items. These build-defining items directly alter your abilities and playstyle. Taking these new items, players will be able to pair them with numerous new set bonuses to choose from, including general sets that can be used by everyone.

These item sets can be acquired through multiple paths. Acquire your gear no matter how you choose to play: Player vs Environment, Player vs Player, Galactic Command, and Crafting are all viable. New set items, Tactical items, and more open a pathway to limitless depth allowing you to play your character exactly how you want!
    https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20190413

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Good for them. I thought KotET was a fitting ending to whatever class saga you chose originally. I haven't looked back since.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Just picked this up cuz Ive been on a Star Wars binge lately. Except I can't get servers to load to even create my character....suggestion?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Searching the game's reddit shows you're not alone. No fix, sadly.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Lame....

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Still cant even pick a server to start....getting very frustrated

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Tried popping back into this to catch up before next expansion drops next month and I get stuck on cutscene crashing during Jedi Under Siege everytime. I’ve lowered all my graphics as low as they can go, tried space bar spam, full screen and windowed mode. I did a file repair on the launcher. Nada. Sucks being stuck and locked out like this cause the story was actually getting good again. At least I’m not paying for a sub currently.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ – Onslaught, the latest expansion launching October 22, continues the epic saga of the Old Republic era as the conflict between the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire reignites, engulfing the galaxy in the flames of war. Explore the ancient planet of Onderon, watch your back in the lawless port of Mek-Sha, face deadly creatures on Dxun, and return to war-torn Corellia in the latest Flashpoint as you battle through a key shipyard facility – with all-new Tactical items and Set Bonuses to enhance your personal playstyle.

Darth Malgus has returned. Will you stand against him, or join his apocalyptic campaign against the Republic? Your choices will determine the fate of the galaxy….

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

DAAAAAMN DANIEL BACK AT IT AGAIN WITH A CINEMATIC TRAILER

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

New update makes everything feel weird now.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

BioWare is dumping SWTOR staff to Broadsword Online, who will take over development. Broadsword Online currently runs Ultima Online and Age of Camelot online. EA will remain SWTOR’s publisher, but BioWare will be hands off as they shift staff to work on Mass Effect and Dragon Age sequels. A core team of developers is expected to leave BioWare for Broadsword Online to ensure a smooth transition.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quick Reply Quick Reply