1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 16 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about boosting     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Question about boosting

I boosted an Astrologian to 60 a while back, and now I'm trying to boost a Scholar. However, when I try to use the new boost item, I get an error message saying "Unable to use the copy of tales of adventure" because I have a duplicate item. I'm assuming this is because pieces of the boosted Astrologian gear match with the boosted Scholar gear, and they are unique.

Should I toss the duplicate gear to make it work? I'm just a little hesitant to do so in case I was supposed to do something else.

Thanks in advance!

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Stick the gear in your retainer and you can have duplicated items no prob. You just can't take it out of your retainer, or store it in there unless you drop or remove it. If needed, stick your 2nd set on your 2nd retainer.

Should work then. If not, then it's something else.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Stick the gear in your retainer and you can have duplicated items no prob. You just can't take it out of your retainer, or store it in there unless you drop or remove it. If needed, stick your 2nd set on your 2nd retainer.

Should work then. If not, then it's something else.
    Worked perfectly--thank you!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also if you're in the open world and have an oshit moment you can use your chocobo saddle bag.