• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

OBS Stuido/clascic both; webcam is extremely laggy; game capture runs just fine

Trying to help some friends set up their stream, and this is an issue between two diff webcams.

I did a teamviewer to help set up their stream, make sure the bitrate/resolution etc. wasn't too high, etc.

The game runs fine, everything about the stream runs fine except the webcam. It'll work fine for a bit but then just either gets extremely laggy or all together freezes temporarily

I took a dxdiag of the pc specs if you want to look at those

https://imgur.com/a/5hBETJz

Logitec c920 for the first cam, and a lower model webcam for the second

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

only thing I can potentially think of is the logitech driver is crashing in the background and causing the latency, maybe try reinstalling it fresh but you likely have done that already, check the USB controller drivers and see if they are misbehaving

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Hm, AMD graphics. Did they by any chance enable FreeSync? I had major issues with that and recent driver versions whereas my 2nd screen basically froze when I was gaming on my main screen. Disabling FreeSync fixed it.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Over the last weekend I installed the latest AMD driver and downloaded OBS. While I didn't run OBS for long (I was trying to get recording settings down) I never ran into any screen issues (freesync monitor with a Vega 56). About the only issue was DOOM being a little stuttery but I guess that's a known issue.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

What I meant was that it's a more or less known issue that freesync combined with a recent driver can make non-primary screens lag/stutter/freeze. And maybe recording a webcam is also affected by it, that's why I asked.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    What I meant was that it's a more or less known issue that freesync combined with a recent driver can make non-primary screens lag/stutter/freeze. And maybe recording a webcam is also affected by it, that's why I asked.
    Oh gotcha. One thing that did happen for me before driver install was Fallout 4 froze and then the system BSOD from "thread stuck in device driver" which prompted me to download the latest. Few hours later while playing Fallout 4 I alt-tab to look something up. My second monitor which is 2560x1440 all the sudden goes to 1900x1200 or something similar and I had to restart my PC before native resolution could be chosen again. Found that very weird.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Free sync was already off/not supported on the rig to begin with

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Using USB 2.0? Could be saturating if he's running a lot of stuff through it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Gonna continue to use this thread because of my prior posts. Had been using OBS and everything had been fine. Uploaded seven videos to YT, all fine. I recorded a few videos over the week including one today and when I checked them what I saw is confusing to say the least. One video the sound is practically non existent. All three had EXTREME lag with two of the three barely even watchable. I can't stress enough when I say absolutely nothing has changed.

Kind of getting fed up with OBS. AMD Relive or any other better option?