BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

BO1 and BO2 did it, but not 3 or 4.

MW is a hot mess right now, I doubt many people will stick around past a month or two without some major changes.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    BO1 and BO2 did it, but not 3 or 4.

MW is a hot mess right now, I doubt many people will stick around past a month or two without some major changes.
    What? Really? I'm hearing great things about the new engine and tech. Sound is great, lighting is amazing. What problems do you see?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The maps are ass

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Bad maps (head glitches and 2nd story windows EVERYWHERE), massive sprintout times with very low TTK, footsteps are insanely loud even moving crouched and ADSed, Ghost works even while still, Dead Silence is on a cooldown, lasts a few seconds and doesn't even make you silent. You can set up perks to spam lethals (hello claymore) pretty often while starting with 2. Silenced weapons are pointless because you don't show up on the minimap for firing anyways. Oh, and they went back to killstreaks so most people don't play objectives even though the game tries really hard to hide HC mode and throw you into a mode rotation. Not that lobbies even exist, all of MP is served a la carte match by match.

Basically over 50% of the playerbase is just straight hiding in corners because the game SEVERELY punishes any movement at all. They basically took COD and turned it into even more of a military sim than the original titles were, so it plays suuuuuper slow.

Edit: Oh, and callouts are way over the top and basically destroy any chance you'd have on sneaking up on even potato players.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Yeah the maps are atrocious. There's so many sniping positions you get gunned down the second you step foot outdoors or walk past a window. Nothing like trying to cross an area of the quarry and seeing a dozen lights up on the hills just before you're shot dead. People can also get up into annoying positions and keep you suppressed entirely which ruins the game for you. Not to mention other players seem to have pinpoint accuracy and can drop me in a heartbeat, but if i try to snipe back my shots are just a suggestion. I've sniped someone standing dead still, right through the chest, and the game doesn't even give me the hit. Which brings me to TTK...i don't know how everyone else is reacting so quickly, but unless i catch someone completely unaware i will NOT survive a gun battle, because everyone else's gun seems to fire faster than mine. Frustrating as hell. The game just arbitrarily decides who lives and dies. My ping is very low, i have a good rig so its not my end. I've sprayed someone with half a mag and they can 2 or 1 shot my ass. Oh and fuck tanks. They're too frequent. Some are fine, but there's way too many.

Edit: oh, fun fact not a lot of people know. Shotguns work as sniper rifles right now. You can blast someone from half a mile away. Enjoy.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Bad maps (head glitches and 2nd story windows EVERYWHERE), massive sprintout times with very low TTK, footsteps are insanely loud even moving crouched and ADSed, Ghost works even while still, Dead Silence is on a cooldown, lasts a few seconds and doesn't even make you silent. You can set up perks to spam lethals (hello claymore) pretty often while starting with 2. Silenced weapons are pointless because you don't show up on the minimap for firing anyways. Oh, and they went back to killstreaks so most people don't play objectives even though the game tries really hard to hide HC mode and throw you into a mode rotation. Not that lobbies even exist, all of MP is served a la carte match by match.

Basically over 50% of the playerbase is just straight hiding in corners because the game SEVERELY punishes any movement at all. They basically took COD and turned it into even more of a military sim than the original titles were, so it plays suuuuuper slow.

Edit: Oh, and callouts are way over the top and basically destroy any chance you'd have on sneaking up on even potato players.
    Made me think of this.

https://twitter.com/STYLERZ97/status...758445056?s=20

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yep, on pretty much every mode and map.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

tried it, and the first few hours were pretty sweet. Gets old fairly quick

without a BR mode to play with friends, dont really see myself playing this one much

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

All this negativity is making me want to wait til black Friday when this game will be on sale

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarch View Post
    without a BR mode to play with friends, dont really see myself playing this one much
    Rumored to be an early 2020 release. There is references to BR already in the .dats.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Rumored to be an early 2020 release. There is references to BR already in the .dats.
    Probably going to make you pay extra for it.

And seeing that video makes me glad i stopping buying these games. People camping like that just pisses me off.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Botosi View Post
    Probably going to make you pay extra for it.

And seeing that video makes me glad i stopping buying these games. People camping like that just pisses me off.
    If it’s there it’s most likely free to play. They have to compete with other free to play platforms but they will monetize off transactions. They’ve probably already met their costs with the initial release. The rest is gravy.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    If it’s there it’s most likely free to play. They have to compete with other free to play platforms but they will monetize off transactions. They’ve probably already met their costs with the initial release. The rest is gravy.
    There's not much precedent for Activision having that mindset. It will most likely come with the purchase of MW, but I highly doubt it will be free to play.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

(PS4 version question)

Can anyone enlighten me as to why I need to free up 120gb of free space to download a 2 gb patch for this game? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    (PS4 version question)

Can anyone enlighten me as to why I need to free up 120gb of free space to download a 2 gb patch for this game? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gotta reserve the hard drive space for future updates lolol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Love my PS4 but it's update process is shit. After downloading the patch, it'll copy the entire game and install it. I've had the same problem with Overwatch and Warframe, having to make space just to make room for the copying when updating.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

anyone have a clue what the 8GB update was for today? i know there was a few minor tweaks like the dead silence fix, but that doesn't add up to 8GB. Game's gonna make me purchase a separate HDD just for this thing at this rate.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

All I know is that it makes my ps4's fans run loud as fuck and I'm not even using a pro

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    (PS4 version question)

PS4 never updates the installed files directly. It always makes a complete dupe of all files to be affected by an update, so you need the space for that plus the update itself. That way if something goes wrong during the process, your install isn't fucked, but it comes at the cost of needing a shitload of drive space for games that love to cram 30gb+ of assets into one file.

My guess is that 2gb patch just touches multiple large files in the process, hence the 120gb needed.