+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

When I fought her it was going well, then during phase 2 during that wheel thing she got me in a corner and it wouldn't let me doge out and basically locked me into place. This one shotted joker and makoto. For the last like 1/8 of her hp I only had haru and no healing items. From there it was a slog of dodging everything and only hitting her 2-3 times when she's exhausted. I still won but sheesh it took a while.

I do hear it gets way easier after the first jail though so that's good.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I will say this for story reasons

Spoiler: show
    I love that they are basically playing up Haru as an axe murderer in training. The fact she has Zenkichi completely freaked out and intimidated by her smile is hilarious to me

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    When I fought her it was going well, then during phase 2 during that wheel thing she got me in a corner and it wouldn't let me doge out and basically locked me into place. This one shotted joker and makoto. For the last like 1/8 of her hp I only had haru and no healing items. From there it was a slog of dodging everything and only hitting her 2-3 times when she's exhausted. I still won but sheesh it took a while.

I do hear it gets way easier after the first jail though so that's good.
    I think its likely because you unlock cooking

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Nothing like a soft lock and realizing you forgot to save after a boss fight.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Can requests expire? AKA should I be doing the ASAP, or can I knock them out every 5 or 6 hours?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Can requests expire? AKA should I be doing the ASAP, or can I knock them out every 5 or 6 hours?
    The only ones that may expire are ones you get from your teammates, as they are dependent on the town you're in and you can't go back once you leave. I typically before packing off to the next town do 1-2 sweeps of the town talking to anyone and everyone to make sure I don't miss anything.

Also
    Spoiler: show
    Atlus did it. They let our boy Ryuji drop an F bomb, and in probably one of the more powerful scenes I've watched so far

Just finished it.

....I think I wound up liking the story more than the main game despite it taking a while to get there. The ending was definitely better.

The story felt like a soft rehash of the original but with a more summer get the gang back together vibe. It's not that I disliked the story, but I didn't feel like it went anywhere that different than Persona 5. The villains were a lot better this time around and weren't so HAHA I'M EVIL LOOK AT ME so that was an improvement. But they did very little about over exposition and everyone not noticing the obvious and dragging shit out. Maybe the story would've been improved if I had not played P5R so recently but at the very least the ending did remind me of that just less bittersweet.

I liked Sophia a lot and Zenkichi quite a bit so they were welcome additions to the roster, but I somewhat expected a little more from the final boss and main antagonists. It was impressive enough and fun, but I feel it just copied the P5 boss a bit too much without the build up that made Satan saving Christmas so good.

Overall I really enjoyed this game, it's definitely not for everyone since it's more Persona than you would expect from a DW game but you can really mix up the styles which I loved. Persona builds are actually more interesting since you can combine combo spells with actual spells and your personas end up looking very different than their RPG counterparts (AoE spells took a bit of a weird hit, but then stuff like Debilitate is 2000% stronger lol). The game was overall a little too easy by the end but that sorta tracks with Persona in general and RPGs, once you figure out how to get about the game it becomes mostly a roll except for some bosses (fuck you Sarasvati, you best healer tho). Merciless mode is very unbalanced but I'm still having fun with it for now since I had very little use for my OP persona in hard mode even against the secret boss.

Don't sleep on Soul Thief + status ailments and boosts, they really do open up more of the combat and allows you to maintain SP while getting in technical hits.

With P5 I thought anything after the boat boss was the game going down hill. There was just so much buildup for him and then it was like "ok cool, now do all of momentos...I hope you already started doing that or it's gonna take a while." I was pleased to see none of that in this one. I agree that it is a rehash of a lot of the original game, but overall I thought the flow was better than the base game mostly due to the speed of the ending.

I freaking loved the combat at the end. I'm grinding bond points for the trophy now and pretty much broke the game with how fast I can beat metatron and it just feels fun. The grind is starting to slow down now (from 4 fights per level to like 6+ now at like level 76 bond), so I may end up doing a merciless run to finish it off. My Sophia also has almost max stats because of the metatron run drops so that should be fun as well.

Overall P5 was the better game, but I may only be saying that as you simply won't have any idea what is going on in P5S without first playing it.

Also - Sophia and Zenkichi > whatever the heck their names were from P5R.

Dire Shadows respawn in merciless so with a good setup you can farm them for max bond points and other stuff. I haven't reached level 99 yet but I'm pretty close doing the Sendai Dire Shadow. You also get a lot more incenses and stronger skill cards (and weapons, but those are w/e) so maxing out your party is much easier. I can't wait for Osaka boss, since that one if my favourite, but not looking forward to ice bitch, god I hated that fight and I can't imagine it being better on merciless lol.

After thinking about it all is no Satanael/Raoul fusion is also disappointing, I'm curious if they do more with this game since adding them as DLC with some extra gameplay stuff would be fun.

Oooo I wasn't aware the dire shadows respawned on merciless. I may just continue my metatron loop until everyone is 99 then hop into merciless. If you haven't seen it yet - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebveWXb_2lU - It's great for getting max stat personas pretty quickly. Because of this I have a Thor that can do a full metatron loop (including resetting the request) in about 1.5 minutes.

Oooo this is way faster than metatron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPxedkBAyKA

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Dire Shadows respawn in merciless so with a good setup you can farm them for max bond points and other stuff. I haven't reached level 99 yet but I'm pretty close doing the Sendai Dire Shadow. You also get a lot more incenses and stronger skill cards (and weapons, but those are w/e) so maxing out your party is much easier. I can't wait for Osaka boss, since that one if my favourite, but not looking forward to ice bitch, god I hated that fight and I can't imagine it being better on merciless lol.

After thinking about it all is no Satanael/Raoul fusion is also disappointing, I'm curious if they do more with this game since adding them as DLC with some extra gameplay stuff would be fun.
    I feel like, since its been out in Japan for over a year, we would have heard something on DLC by now.

DLC in the forms of characters from 3 and 4 would have been perfect

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

What level should you do merciless? I fired that up and the damn tutorial/intro sequence was a one shot death from full health

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I was around level 95 for Joker and 90 for my main party. A few max stat persona with OP builds and the best weapons/armour. If there's anything that can ease merciless pain it's enduring soul, but it generally gets easier after you get your party and you can see aoe markers lol

You can farm the painful past+ requests for some decent accessories, null element skill cards and maybe some other stuff on normal/hard to help you along as well. But I was mostly using my money for PP to get max stats until I used the max stat method daydreamer posted above.

Thanks for the tip on merciless. I'll probably get the plat today because of it.

For merciless OMG get a 99 stat Alice with her final attack "Die for me!" It's insane. It one shots basically every normal enemy that doesn't resist curse. In the big guys that are weak to curse it also one shots them. Even if the big guys aren't resistant to it you can spam it enough (especially if you have mudo boost) and they still die. It's easy mode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5