+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I thought they just had 1 spinoff going, but apparently there's 3 (5 at one time). It all makes more sense now. They just want to end this shit as fast as possible now and then make mad money with a cast of nobodies across 3 different shows.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I was actually liking the episode until Euron showed up with his bullshit gimmick once again. In broad fucking daylight, in open seas, with dragons soaring thousands of feet in the air; yet again nobody spots him and his fleet and they’re able to pull off yet another ambush with zero resistance because he’s always at the right place at the right time.

Niggas are getting paid MILLIONS to write this eighth grade, simple jack level of fan fiction for television.
    Everyone on every one of Dany's boats as well as both dragons... yeah. Turns out they're all blind! Surprise! Apex predators with the eyesight of an amoeba.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

How does Dany, who is flying on a dragon, get surprised by a fucking naval fleet??

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

by the way, they didn't even get Gendry's name right in the script. His surname is not Rivers.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Ya. That was super annoying. If they wanted that moment an easier and more believable route would have been them spotting the ships at a distance and Dany in a moment of ego saying fuck it I'll go nuke them and a dragon gets got.

Give me my millions.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I cannot believe they got "tricked" again by Euron's fleet. That is the worst fucking writing ever. I used to defend the show from book extremists, but fuck all that anymore.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    by the way, they didn't even get Gendry's name right in the script. His surname is not Rivers.
    They did actually

The surname a bastard received appears to be connected to the location the child is raised, though this is not a consistent rule. Because of this, bastards who are half-siblings might have different surnames. For example, King Robert I Baratheon's eldest bastard, born and raised in the Vale, is called Mya Stone, while his bastard from the stormlands (fathered on a noblewoman from the Reach) is called Edric Storm.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

They've been hyping the dragon killer ballista for a while. Why yall surprised?

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

"Hey I have a dragon, I can fly ahead and scout out WHAAAT how did those ships get there"

also I love how three straight shots hit their mark, but then when on Dany, all the shots go astray like a bunch of Stormtroopers

also folks defending GRRM (even tho he apparently provided the material for these episodes) are starting to sound a lot like the people who defended Justice league and said "Well, if Snyder's cut ever came out it'd be great!"

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    They've been hyping the dragon killer ballista for a while. Why yall surprised?
    It's not surprising a ballista killed a dragon. It's surprising that they got fucking ambushed on the open sea when Dany is flying around and can see everywhere.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    also folks defending GRRM (even tho he apparently provided the material for these episodes) are starting to sound a lot like the people who defended Justice league and said "Well, if Snyder's cut ever came out it'd be great!"
    This shit is on D&D. GRRM doesn't have as much sway on these episodes as you think he does.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    They did actually
    Gendry was not born in the riverlands. He was born in the Crownlands, and was never allowed to take up a surname because he was never recognized by Robert as his son. Had he been given a surname, it would have been Gendry Waters.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Gendry was not born in the riverlands. He was born in the Crownlands, and was never allowed to take up a surname because he was never recognized by Robert as his son. Had he been given a surname, it would have been Gendry Waters.
    Welp, I was confusing Rivers and Waters. Thought you were originally saying he should've been Storm.

BG Level

They def got Gendry's name wrong. How the fuck have they screwed up literally every character's arc, cept like Jaime? He was obviously bullshitting to Brienne.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I fucking loved this episode.

Bad
    Euron scene was bullshit. I actually said "haha what if cersei just shot a scorpion and killed a dragon right the fuck now" as a fucking joke. and then it happened 2 seconds later and my watch party yelled at me
    Ghost send off was dumb. I appreciate the aspect of Jon's wolf half going north and being happy, while Jon's dragon half goes south and dies right away. But for fucks sake, go pet the dog or something.
    Cersei letting Tyrion walk away. I always though he would survive till the end, but him walking up and giving a speech was a perfect ending for him. Episode should have cut to black as cersei had him killed.

Good
    The acting was fucking incredible. Tyrion and varys. Missandei yelling Dracarys as her last word. Brienne choking back tears. Even Dany on Drogon and being upset. Just really amazing acting all around.
    30-40 minutes of a drunken northern orgy lol. Tormund being sad, but moving on immedietely. Everyone playing Tyrions favorite game. Sansa and the Hound having a moment. Arya turning Gendy down. Tormund telling stories about Jon and everyone cheering him on.
    Jaime climbing that fucking mountain!
    Mad Queen Danarys time! Having Tyrion and Varys explain it was great. Tyrion explaining how, fucking of course she believes she's destined to the throne, she's literally magic. It explains her reasoning perfectly while Varys gives us the counter of her just sorta being shitty while Jon seems almost perfect. I almost thought Varys would be dead before the episode's end once he started talkign treason. Shit was tense.

Next episode predictions
    CLEGANEBOWL MOTHERFUCKERS! GET HYPE
    Jaime gonna get wounded, choke cersei to death, and then die on the throne. Maybe Cersei blows up the red keep with wildfire but Jaime forces her to stay there with him
    Arya being overpowered as fucking and doing more than humanly possible
    Full on Mad Queen Dany, burning down portions of the city
    Super Saiyan Grey Worm fucking shit up.
    Varys dying trying to stop Dany
    Euron burns
    Jon gets a good sword fight with the Golden company leader maybe?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    They def got Gendry's name wrong. How the fuck have they screwed up literally every character's arc, cept like Jaime? He was obviously bullshitting to Brienne.
    Even Jaime's took it's time getting there.

And this is D&D so at this point I still worry about his arc.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    Books: Ghost is closer then a friend, Ghost is part of me.

Show: Hey Tormund, want a doggo?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE!!!
    FUCK JON FOR NOT HUGGING GHOST GOODBYE
    I HOPE THE NIGHT KING BUTT RAPES YOU IN HELL FOR THAT!!!!

And yeah...there was a lot of shit in this episode that felt....juvenile to say the least. I honestly dont have much hope for the last 2 episodes because I'm just expecting them to go the cheap route instead of writing a decent end to everything. Oh well....

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Jon gets a good sword fight with the Golden company leader maybe?
    Can you imagine the title of the first book being about Jon, and his ending battle is against a random dude whose name no one knows?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There's a new round of spoilers floating around from earlier today and it got everything from this episode right.

It's gonna be even worse then some of you are already expecting if they hold true.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    There's a new round of spoilers floating around from earlier today and it got everything from this episode right.

It's gonna be even worse then some of you are already expecting if they hold true.
    No reason to think otherwise, given how poorly these writers have done. At this point, I'll be shocked if they salvage this in any way.