Amazing that they made 7 seasons of pretty great television

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

closer to 4, maybe 5, but your point still stands

BG Level

really sounds like it was on fucking accident.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Amazing that they made 7 seasons of pretty great television

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    It's amazing what you can do when you have thousands of pages of prewritten source material.

Also, I thought the exchanges from that Twitter post were satire. I guess it's not lol?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Naomi Watts led GOT prequel series will NOT be picked up by HBO. A full pilot episode was shot and delivered to the network who said no thanks. This was supposed to be “The Long Night” series that focused on man’s first war with White Walkers.

The second GOT spinoff focusing on the Targaryen Civil War is still planned but has not received a pilot order as of now.

BG Level

Falling like dominoes.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    closer to 4, maybe 5, but your point still stands
    In a coincidence those were the exact season George was idirectly involved in, funny that.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Because those seasons had released material behind it already. /shockedPikachuFace

I think most people are blowing this out of proportion a bit.

Weiss and Benioff did a great job adapting existing material of also which GRRM was able to have some involvement as well.

Many on BG and elsewhere hoped for or assumed that maybe GRRM would release the next book before Season 6 was being made; therefore the TV show would have more material to directly adapt from.

So, since Weiss and Benioff are already in this for the long haul and by no fault of their own, adaptable material no longer existed past Season 5, we got what we got with Seasons 6-8.

HBO and GRRM definitely can take some blame for how this transpired obviously. Weiss and Benioff being bad at doing this with no adaptable material is merely a consequence of HBO saying let's keep going and GRRM not releasing another book.

BG Level

season 5 included the catastrophe that was the Dorne plot / Jamie and Bronne's painfully bad scenes there + i'd say by seasons 3/4 the quality was already consistently dipping (though the highs were still very high). that is to say they were starting to fuck up long before they ran out of adaptable material.

BG Level

to be honest it was what episode fucking 1 they decided to have Drogo forcefully rape Dany rather than the rather tender and consensual night they shared in the books (well, as consensual as things can get given the age disparity). give them some credit for what they produced but the existing narrative was so strong and even from day 1 they were making very bad decisions with it.

gotta add rape to attract the mom and nfl player demographics

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/29/enter...hbo/index.html

'Game of Thrones' prequel, 'House of the Dragon,' is coming to HBO

GATTACA!

BG Level

A good subject to mine for content but the writer doesn't have the most impressive resume. Hope he's good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Naomi Watts led GOT prequel series will NOT be picked up by HBO. A full pilot episode was shot and delivered to the network who said no thanks. This was supposed to be “The Long Night” series that focused on man’s first war with White Walkers.

The second GOT spinoff focusing on the Targaryen Civil War is still planned but has not received a pilot order as of now.
    This show could have made sense if they didn't proper fuck the White Walkers and the Night King. So stupid

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

for my own sanity I still say the three eyed raven was the real villain and the night king and his white walkers were just trying to stop him from taking over the world

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Fucking loli grenades from the Children of the Forest. They had no relevance besides being plot rails for Bran's proverbial wheelchair. And I guess nuking Jojen out of existence.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    to be honest it was what episode fucking 1 they decided to have Drogo forcefully rape Dany rather than the rather tender and consensual night they shared in the books (well, as consensual as things can get given the age disparity). give them some credit for what they produced but the existing narrative was so strong and even from day 1 they were making very bad decisions with it.
    The original pilot which everyone says was so bad they had to reshoot 90% of it, also didn't make it clear that Jamie and Cersei were siblings which confused some people during the screening, and the scene in the tower actually had Cersei resisting/protesting before Bran even caught them which pretty much would've made it inconsistent later on. They did fix a lot of it, but they really were inexperienced and basically learning on the go with source material that was already available.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Broadway adaptation in the works aka GOD DAMN IT GEORGE JUST FINISH THE BOOKS ALREADY

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...ters-exclusive

Game of Thrones is headed to Broadway.

A dramatic stage show spectacular based on George R.R. Martin’s fantasy world is now in development, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.

The play is from producers Simon Painter and Tim Lawson (The Illusionists), in partnership with Kilburn Live, and will have a story by Martin, who is working alongside award-winning playwright Duncan MacMillan (1984) and acclaimed director Dominic Cooke (The Courier). The team’s goal is to debut productions in New York City, London’s West End and in Australia. The first show is expected to launch in 2023.

The production includes a particularly unique story element that should be a huge draw for fans: While many prequel projects have been put into development since Thrones concluded in 2019, this will mark the first to bring back several of the most beloved Game of Thrones characters. The as-yet-untitled play is set during a pivotal moment in Westeros history, The Great Tourney at Harrenhal, a contest that took place just 16 years before the events in Game of Thrones.

Added Martin about the Thrones production: “An amazing team has been assembled to tell the tale, starting with producers Simon Painter, Tim Lawson and Jonathan Sanford. Their knowledge and love of my world and characters has impressed me from the very first, and their plans for this production blew me away since the first time we met. Dominic Cooke, our director, is a former artistic director of London's Royal Court Theatre, who brought Shakespeare's dramas of the War of the Roses to television, and our playwright, Duncan Macmillan, has previously adapted George Orwell and Henrik Ibsen, among others. Working with them (back before the pandemic, when we could actually get together) has been a treat, and I am eager for our collaboration to resume. Our dream is to bring Westeros to Broadway, to the West End, to Australia... and eventually, to a stage near you … It ought to be spectacular.”

he also signed a 5 year deal or some shit with hbo. i dunno how to tell you this but those books aint gettin done. oh nevermind guess i did know how to tell you