+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Belmoth View Post
    Bran's only purpose (to this point at least) being for Jon to find out who his parents are is also a letdown to me.
    yeah the only sense that would make in the books is if Bran is the big bad

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    Need to cut homie snow some slack he got a lot more on his mind than some dumb dog
    I'm with Day on this one.

TIME TO GET HYPE FOR CLEGANEBOWL.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    You can count Jamie's character development as a death as well.
    Brianne's hymen died

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Belmoth View Post
    Bran's only purpose (to this point at least) being for Jon to find out who his parents are is also a letdown to me.
    look man the children of the forest are really against nephews smashing their aunts and planned for a couple thousand years to put an end to it

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I just hope the show ends on some super natural note, and not this pedantic game of thrones. They spent too long building up the hype of the gods and prophecies for it to just end like this.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

euron kills everyone and sits on the throne next episode, the last episode is just bloopers

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I just hope the show ends on some super natural note, and not this pedantic game of thrones. They spent too long building up the hype of the gods and prophecies for it to just end like this.

Gods, Prophecies, Azor, Night King, etc. If one of these doesn't come up in the next two episodes, what a fucking waste

Also, if Bran is the "keeper" of history, what is the point of the Maestors?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Err, being historians is just one of Measters job, but it's not like the three eyed raven is usually hanging out around people to share his knowledge.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You guys expecting supernatural stuff are going to be super letdown. GRRM doesn't like to make gods and prophecies the true focus and likes to let them fail.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

One theory I read is that Sansa began feeding information to Cersei after the war council and learning of Jon’s true parentage. She is trying to give Cersei the upper hand so that Dany would go mad in desperation and Jon would realize Sansa was right about her. She was hoping a mad Dany vs an entrenched Cersei would leave little left for the victor. If Dany wins, fine—Jon would assume the throne later. If Cersei wins, fine—The North, The Vale, and Iron Islands would have solidified their independence for many years at the least and Cersei can keep the damn iron throne.

Martin doesn't have gods in a sense that people think of when they hear that word. If there is Rhollor he's more of a Lovecraftian being, books are filled with Lovecraftian references. Prophecies are another thing that he does differently, in all his stories they are usually wrong or used to manipulate people by some other people or beings.
    Anticlimactic endings are his bread and butter. TSOIF was inspired by a poem by Robert Frost and the whole joke in that poem is that people are concerned with world ending in ice or fire but they skip over the fact that it's the people that may end the world.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    One theory I read is that Sansa began feeding information to Cersei after the war council and learning of Jon’s true parentage. She is trying to give Cersei the upper hand so that Dany would go mad in desperation and Jon would realize Sansa was right about her. She was hoping a mad Dany vs an entrenched Cersei would leave little left for the victor. If Dany wins, fine—Jon would assume the throne later. If Cersei wins, fine—The North, The Vale, and Iron Islands would have solidified their independence for many years at the least and Cersei can keep the damn iron throne.
    I've read many a female writer on Twitter getting irritated that the embodiment of female empowerment in Daenarys is slowly becoming a poorly written villain and they're doing everything they can in head canoning to make it seem like its other characters that are willing it, and not just her being unhinged the entire show but it working out in the "good guys" favor until now. Shes always been a little mad, but it wasn't so obvious when she was lighting on fire people who would do her wrong to steal dragons or some shit.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

I've read many a female writer on Twitter getting irritated that the embodiment of female empowerment in Daenarys is slowly becoming a poorly written villain and they're doing everything they can in head canoning to make it seem like its other characters that are willing it, and not just her being unhinged the entire show but it working out in the "good guys" favor until now. Shes always been a little mad, but it wasn't so obvious when she was lighting on fire people who would do her wrong to steal dragons or some shit.

https://twitter.com/ComfortablySmug/...21242138468353

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

that whole thread lol

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

When Jon Snow, who knows nothing, gets to be king.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    that whole thread lol
    Jon Snow wouldn’t have ignored Wisconsin got a good chuckle out of me.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    When Jon Snow, who knows nothing, gets to be king.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Jon Snow wouldn’t have ignored Wisconsin got a good chuckle out of me.
    exact same

BG Level

I will say Varys going betrayal mode over Dany saying she's finally going to take King's Landing is p terrible characterization. the whole logic of Dany no you can't take your enemy's capital civilians will die has been a very fucking strange and illogical plot point inserted to lengthen conflict and drum up unnecessary drama among team good guys. she yeeted through Astapor and Mereen in the east, Stannis assaulted King's Landing and remained the Mannis, taking strategically significant cities is one of the most basic and fundamental purposes of war. can you imagine if in WWII the allies were like no no no we should leave Berlin alone it would be immoral to assault the nazis's capital city.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm sure one of these will explain it AG

https://twitter.com/lucciinthesky/st...56388238749699

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast