FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Predator: Hunting Grounds - 4v1 Co-Op - 2020

Developed by IllFonic (Friday the 13th: The Game/Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric)
    “There’s something out there waiting for us, and it ain’t no man. We’re all gonna die.”

When I first saw this scene at 10 years old, it sent a shiver down my spine. This gets to the heart of what makes the Predator universe so freakin’ awesome. It doesn’t matter if you are a seasoned special operations badass — if the Predator is hunting you, you are afraid. I’ve been a huge fan ever since.

Years later, my fellow IllFonic members and I, fresh off of our last game, are brainstorming what we want to make next. We first assembled 12 years ago to create games based off of movies we love and Predator seemed like the perfect fit. One afternoon during E3, Jared (Gerritzen), Jordan (Mathewson) and I shared our idea that got the entire team amped up. You can tell we’re a team of passionate movie and video game fans.

Once we decided on Predator, it was clear this needed to be a shooter that had to look and feel authentic. Our team’s passion for Predator helped us launch the partnership with Sony Interactive Entertainment and Fox. Not only do these powerhouses believe in our vision, which has made this a dream project, they understand what we want to create. They have given us so much to work with and are empowering us to create something new for fans, while expanding the lore of the Predator. Having that quality bar raised by our partners has been a great driver for creating an amazing game.

So how does Predator: Hunting Grounds play? We’re still pretty early in development – the game is due out next year – but I can give you some initial details about this competitive online multiplayer experience.

For starters, we’re big fans of asymmetrical multiplayer experiences, and we’re building off our past successes in a whole new way with Predator: Hunting Grounds.

One group of players will control members of an elite Fireteam who pack state-of-the-art conventional firepower, from shotguns and SMGs to sniper rifles and more.

Meanwhile, one player will control the Predator: a stealthy, acrobatic killing machine bristling with exotic alien technology such as the infamous Plasmacaster.

As the Fireteam attempt to carry out paramilitary missions – annihilating bad guys and recovering important items – the Predator will be closing in, using its advanced vision mode to track and ambush its prey.

Creating an immersive world for the Predator universe has been so rewarding for our team. We’re massive fans of this IP, and it’s made us closely examine every aspect of the game to be certain we are staying true to the world. Fox has been an incredible part of this process.

Our motto at IllFonic is “Gameplay over everything” and we believe that will be evident the moment players enter the hunting grounds. There will be surprises in store for everyone when the game launches next year.

This is just the beginning, so stick around. We’ll have more Predator: Hunting Grounds updates coming in the near future.

Charles Brungardt - CEO, IllFonic
    https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ga...g-grounds-ps4/
    https://www.illfonic.com/

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

This, much like all other predator games, will be total ass

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Hey, the first AvP on PC in either 99 or 2000 was pretty bad ass for it's time. Especially the multiplayer deathmatch. Straight predator though, yeah, especially the shitty LJN NES game were pretty ass.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Dope AF and way ahead of it's time. Could run as a soldier, alien, or predator.

RIP Jaguar 64. Still got mine. Last time I bought games for it they were 25 cents at Toys R Us. I literally grabbed 1 of everything.

This is still my fav.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Hope you're excluding AVP for Arcade 94' because that shit was top tier.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag